I hope this is the correct section, as my question is regarding Map compatibility.
I have a Kenwood KNA-G430 gps and I not sure what Garmin map is compatible with it, Any help would be greatly appreciated please.
I see there are 2 version for 2009 maps from Garmin
The City Navigator 2009
And the City Navigator NT 2009
I am not sure with is compatible with my device
Cheers for any help or advice you give
I installed Garmin Mobile PC and followed the steps in this post, [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
I connected my Colorado 400c, but got a error message
could not authenticate garmin GPS hardware
The Device ID I used is the one in the Settings -> About page, not the ID of my Colorado 400c.
I did all the following steps.
Here are step-by-step instructions:
01. Install Garmin MobilePC using MAIN.msi
02. Run MobilePC
03. Choose "Yes" (Did this purchase of Garmin Mobile PC include a Garmin GPS receiver)
04. Choose "Done"
05. Choose "OK" 06. Choose "Skip"
07. Choose "Yes"
08. Choose "I Agree"
09. In Settings -> About, take note of your Device ID
10. Click "X" in top right corner to exit
11. Start patched кεygεn(use the latest кεygεnv.1.5
12. In top box, enter your Device ID
13. In "Select Product" dropdown box, choose <Garmin Mobile PC> and enter Device IDv
14. Click bottom "Generate" button & copy key
15. Start Notepad, paste key and save to c:\GarminMobilePC\sw.unl
And also put a copy of sw.unl into my device garmin folder, also tried my Colorado 400c ID, but still not working
Let's clear out some facts.
Colorado 400c is stand alone GPS navigation device and Garmin Mobile PC is Windows PC program for navigaton.
To navigate with Garmin Mobile PC You need USB, serial or BlueTooth GPS reciever connected to Your PC (not GPS navigation device).
To transfer maps to Colorado 400c You need MapSource program (not Mobile PC), or You can copy gmapsupp.img to memory card (with gmapsupp.unl).
In both cases You need key generator, for Mobile PC to unlock program and maps (sw.unl and gmapsupp.unl) and for Colorado 400c only to unlock maps (gmapsupp.unl).
What do You want to do???
You could not use Colorado 400c as external GPS reciever for Garmin Mobile PC program.
Last edited by Midnight Blues; 1st December 2009 at 12:03.
NO THANKS POSTS ALLOWED, NO LIKES NEEDED, ALL MIRRORS APPRECIATED
Password for all my uploads: gpspower.net
hello, for Mexico do you know where can I find the 2010 Garmin or Atlas Maps?