Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 106
  1. #61
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Has anyone got a link to these files please ?

    gmapbmap.img (v5.01)
    gmapdem.img (v20.12)
    gmaptz.img (v19)

  2.    Advertissements


  3. #62
    Master
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    580
    Rep Power
    265

    Default

    @ jacko5,

    here you can find...


    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  4. #63
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    bobbbba
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Most people only need the north and south *.img files in \Garmin\, the two JCV junction files in \Garmin\JCV\, and all the SID files in \Garmin\SID\. They won't fit on internal so you'll need a microSD at 8GB.

    TrafficTrends, 3D, sqllite, asr, and the other stuff typically aren't supported(even by most high-end 7" units) and don't really help you anyway..
    Last edited by kejmvnedjvk; 11th April 2017 at 11:26 AM.

  5. #64
    Member + Grizzzly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    VIP Cemetery
    Posts
    44
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kejmvnedjvk View Post
    TrafficTrends, 3D, sqllite, asr, and the other stuff typically aren't supported(even by most high-end 7" units) and don't really help you anyway..
    You are absolutely wrong!!!

    ASR work fine even on very old model.
    SQLite - CountryStateSearch is the only way to completely exclude any countries from route on all modern devices.
    And so on...

  6. #65
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    bobbbba
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzzly View Post
    You are absolutely wrong!!!
    I use a North America based 2757 with none of those files on the SD for this map on a daily bases in Europe. No latency or errors at all.. This unit does everything a 61 LMT-S(2017 flagship model) does minus BT, voice-input, and built in WIFI, so it's even more less likely to do it than the retail and budget models that are common(50LM, 51 LMT-S etc..).


    I go through a lot of dense urban paths with intersections all the way out to country sides where there are only towns/parishes every once and a while..

    Nice expertise though.....
    Last edited by kejmvnedjvk; 12th April 2017 at 11:15 AM.

  7. #66
    Member + Grizzzly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    VIP Cemetery
    Posts
    44
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kejmvnedjvk View Post
    I use a North America based 2757 with none of those files on the SD for this map on a daily bases in Europe. No latency or errors at all..
    OK! But you does not mentioned the model of your Nuvi in initial post.

  8. #67
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    bobbbba
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzzly View Post
    OK! But you does not mentioned the model of your Nuvi in initial post.
    My unit supports all those features and simply won't use them if I don't include the files. Nothing breaks or lags, and I haven't seen any problem with address searches or path calculating. On a lesser featured unit there is even less chances for there to be a problem.

    I actually later added TrafficTrends because neither of the traffic-cords works where I am anyway..

    If anyone wants to do the same and save a lot of time and space. You basically won't have 3D buildings and those couple of mostly obsolete features..
    \Garmin\
    gmapsupp.img
    gmapsupp2.img
    \Garmin\JCV\
    D6165030A.jcv
    D6212030A.jcv
    \Garmin\SQLite\
    D6161030A.db
    D6216030A.db
    \Garmin\SID\
    D6134030A.sid
    D6160030A.sid
    D6168030A.sid
    D6214030A.sid
    D6742010A.sid
    D6743010A.sid
    Last edited by kejmvnedjvk; 13th April 2017 at 12:57 PM.

  9. #68
    Navigation software expert City Navigator Europe NTU 2018.10
    City Navigator Europe NTU 2018.10City Navigator Europe NTU 2018.10City Navigator Europe NTU 2018.10City Navigator Europe NTU 2018.10
    lolypop000's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    EU
    Posts
    2,827
    Rep Power
    807

    Default

    What device do you have, becouse all path is wrong if you have this files in internal memory.

    New device from 13xx series and all newer have this files in .System folder.

    You have more option with address search if you have sid files.

    Don't know what strange unit do you have but couple of minutes that you spend to install all files and 8Gb SD is just 4$.

    p.s.
    If you live in some village with just 10 houses then i understend why you think that you don't need this files and why you don't see differences if you have or don't have this files on devices.
    So don't talk stupid things if is hard for you to tell us your device model number but with path that you wrote i think that you have some old device like nuvi 2x5w that don't support this files and 3d img.

  10. #69
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Hello.
    City Navigator Europe 2018.10 NT version will be released in May?

  11. #70
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    bobbbba
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lolypop000 View Post
    What device do you have, becouse all path is wrong if you have this files in internal memory.

    New device from 13xx series and all newer have this files in .System folder.

    You have more option with address search if you have sid files.

    Don't know what strange unit do you have but couple of minutes that you spend to install all files and 8Gb SD is just 4$.

    p.s.
    If you live in some village with just 10 houses then i understend why you think that you don't need this files and why you don't see differences if you have or don't have this files on devices.
    So don't talk stupid things if is hard for you to tell us your device model number but with path that you wrote i think that you have some old device like nuvi 2x5w that don't support this files and 3d img.
    2757LM

    It has 8GB internal used mostly by native files, so I have all this on 8GB microSD. It's US based and I am in the Baltics. Works great in the big cities I work in and the small town I live in. I have all the SID files. I only have *.db files now because I wanted TrafficTrends..


    Not sure why this is so controversial it's exactly how all the guides tell you to install and it's proven to work without latency or errors..

    I'm about to do the same with a US based 61 LMT-S in the Baltics
    Last edited by kejmvnedjvk; 15th April 2017 at 10:28 AM.

 

 
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.