It seems that the members who understand this are not getting the message over to the ones who don't. The basics are:
* 'Small' CXs are not issued by Garmin. They make the 'full' CXs which are 'stand alone' and work without a corresponding CN or CNU.
* The small ones have been made by Vanish90 and the latest available is 2012.40 in Post #1. The small ones will add advanced pedestrian mode in your compatible unit only if you have the corresponding matching CN, which usually means the same series..
* Sure, some mismatched series combinations of small or full CX will work in some cities with a different CN series. No difference in map info = no conflicts & no problems. As i've said before: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].
* Full CX are selectable/de-selectable. Small CX are not. Small CX were made for use with CN only maps, see Post #1.
* If you want to be sure you have a working CX regardless of whether you have a matching CN (genuine or unlocked with unlocker) simply use the full CX and deselect your mismatched CN/CNU in map info.
Maybe Vanish90 has not been able to obtain the 2013.10 CX maps. If someone has them and will upload them maybe he or someone else with the tools and skills can make the small ones to add cx features to 2013.10 CN's. 2013.20 series is due soon anyway, let's hope that this doesn't start the fuss all over again