Free Malaysia, Singapore, Brunei & Thailand Garmin GPS Map 20111010
Disclaimer & Warranty
The map provided is on "as-is" basis, MFM provides no warranty & disclaims liability on any damages whatsoever arising from its use. DO NOT use the map if you do not agree to this condition!
- MFM-Garmin 111010 is available for download from the servers below.
Before travelling to or from Kelantan, please check your route and verify if MFM map recommends you the most appropriate route. Report at the link below if it doesn't
New! Solved long routing issue in Borneo which was unable to route from west part of Sarawak to east part of Sabah without via point since 20100823.
New! Added some roads & POIs in Laos & Vietnam from Bro Alyem since 20100802
New! Added detail Northern Thailand map from Bro KC* since 20100621 :thumbsup:
NEW IMPROVEMENTS ON MFM-GARMIN
- Link to Navnet map in Kalimantan
- Coverage of Southern Thailand
- Optional Chinese POI
- Improved SG Postal Code & Address map with instant search result
- New POI icons
- New POI categories with custom icons (soon)
- New MFM map generator with option to generate either Full or Lite version
- Coloured topo polygons are added into Full-version map
- New multi-language installer
- No more error when uploading map through Mapsource
Please refer to new features page for additional info:
MFM maps are easily distinguished from other maps due to our special features:
- Custom POI icons
- POIs are visible during navigation
- Attractive colors for area compound
- Different color scheme for day and night
- Improved "keep left/right" guidance at complex junctions
- Announcements of U-turns whenever possible (since v1.50)
- Improved recalculation sensitivity (since v1.50)
HOW TO INSTALL
Please refer to our Installation Guide
COMBINING WITH MFM TOPO MAP
Don't forget to download MFM-SRTM Free Topo Map also! :thumbsup:
To report map errors, new/update POIs and roads, please post at the feedback forums:
- Tracklog, POI and error feedback for Kedah, Penang & Perlis
- Tracklog, POI and error feedback for Perak
- Tracklog, POI and error feedback for Kelatan, Terengganu & Pahang
- Tracklog, POI and error feedback for Kuala Lumpur & Selangor
- Tracklog, POI and error feedback for Negeri Sembilan
- Tracklog, POI and error feedback for Melaka
- Tracklog, POI and error feedback for Johor
- Tracklog, POI and error feedback for East Malaysia & Brunei
- Tracklog, POI and error feedback for Singapore
1. My device lags or refresh very slowly when using MFM maps. What can I do?
2. My Garmin device cannot read MFM map. What is the problem?Originally Posted by Answer
3. Can I combine MFM and MSM maps?Originally Posted by Answer
4. Why is my Garmin unable to display map for Perak, Selangor, KL, Negeri Sembilan and the east coast states?Originally Posted by Answer
5. How do I create Mal/SG map for my Garmin device with MFM-Garmin-09xxxx.exe?Originally Posted by Answer
6. My map goes blank except for POIs then the roads appear again. What should I do?Originally Posted by Answer
7. Can I use this map if I have another brand of GPS or navigational device?Originally Posted by Answer
8. Can I use my own map icons and colors?Originally Posted by Answer
9. Is updating my map weekly necessary?Originally Posted by Answer
10. Why can't MFM provide an update log for the benefit of users?Originally Posted by Answer
11. Why are convenience store listed under "Fuel"?Originally Posted by Answer
NEW FEATURES ON MFM-GARMINOriginally Posted by Answer
1. New SG Postal Code & Address Map
MFM's new SG Postal Code & Address map allows users to search for address or postal code. Currently, there are over 21,000 postal codes in our database.
Searching for postal code with house number keypad:
Searching for postal code in address field:
Searching for address:
2. Option to generate MFM-lite version
MFM-Lite has been incorporated into MFM-Garmin. You can generate the lite version using MFM's map generator at the end of the installation process. Just check the "Exclude colored polygons..." box.
3. Proper annoucement of U-turns
Garmin now recognise our maps' left-hand traffic direction. It will ask users to "Make a U-turn" instead of "Turn right then turn right". Our mappers will be updating their maps to conform to Garmin's U-turn standard. If you encounter an U-turn which is not announced properly, please feedback to us.
Because of the change in traffic system, you are advised to turn off (uncheck) U-turn avoidance for better route suggestions.
At Nuvi's main menu, press Tools, Setting and then Navigation. You will see the screen on the top left. Press the Avoidance button. Ensure U-turn avoidance is unchecked.
MFM Custom Icon Reference:
Feedback for older versions are archived at our Project Room Archive:
The weekly release of MFM-Garmin map is primarily for our contributors to check their contributions. You can assume that each release is a test version. If you prefer to use a stable version, just hold on your download for a day or two and observe the feedback of our members.
The latest release in latest post of this 3rd
Last edited by Pungente; 14th January 2014 at 23:58. Reason: formating