* Includes realistic navigation features showing everything from shaded depth contours and coastlines to spot soundings, navaids, port plans, wrecks, obstructions, intertidal zones, restricted areas, IALA symbols and more.
* Features smooth displays, including seamless transitions between zoom levels and more continuity across chart boundaries.
* Allows users to choose between standard 2-D direct overhead or 3-D "over the bow" map perspective to make chart reading and orientation easier.
* Provides Safety Shading (in compatible units), allowing mariners to enable contour shading for all depth contours shallower than user-defined safe depths.
* Provides Fishing Charts (in compatible units), allowing mariners to scope out bottom contours and depth soundings with less visual clutter on the display.
* Allows users to conveniently plan and organize routes, from your computer, before your trip with HomePort™, compatible trip-planning software (sold separately).
This chart file is for marine chartplotters or you can browse on PC & Mac with Garmin HomePort. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Look at post #2 for HomePort example.
Garmin GPSmap 620/640 can use booth BlueChart g2, BlueChart g2 Vision and City Navigator NT.
If you have a handheld unit like GPSmap 62/78, Oregon, Montana, nüvi 500/550 etc. then it's possible to have BlueChart g2 and also City Navigator NT. Look at Oregon 550 screenshots in post #1.
Garmin road navigators will show some limited features of BlueChart g2 but with distorted colors.