You can use anynane for dem map.
You can use anynane for dem map.
Catymag and Aekhong, thanks, i tried it but its not working, i ll explain ;
- SD/Map/North America_2013_10_DEM.img
- SD/Map/North America_2013_10_3D.img
- SD/Map/North America_2013_10.img
- SD/Map/Middle East and North Africa_2013_10_DEM.img
- SD/Map/Middle East and North Africa_2013_10_3D.img
- SD/Map/Middle East and North Africa_2013_10.img
Meanwhile i have in 3790T internal memory as follows ;
under .System folder ;
- fs_image.ver (dont know what this is, it was there )
- gmap3d.img (europe 2013.10 from this website )
- gmapbmap.img (from 3790T itself )
- gmapdem.img ( from 3790T itself for europe )
- gmapprom.img ( europe 2013.10 from this website, but renamed like the previous original europe as in 3790T)
- gmaptz.img ( updated via garmin website )
- GUPDATE.GCD ( dont know what this is, it was there )
- Locales.xml ( dont know what this is, it was there )
- prodkey.bin ( dont know what this is, it was there )
- prodkeyEU.bin ( dont know what this is, it was there )
- TrafficProvider.xml ( dont know what this is, it was there )
- 645498873.gma (dont know what this is, it was there )
- GMAPPROM.GMA (dont know what this is, it was there )
- GMAPPROM.UNL (dont know what this is, it was there )
With this when i turn on my Garmin 3790T i get the following ;
- "Cannot Unlock Maps" ( which mapset i dont know, cause i downloaded all from this place as Gmap folder RARs and run the Gmapsource unlock to unlock the Gmapset for the Mapsource and then transferred from Mapsource to device and renamed as above )
- Under the 3790T (while operating ) Tools/settings/mymaps it displays as follows ;
-Middle East - DEM
Middle East DEM
-Middle East - DEM
North America DEM
-Middle East - DEM
-CN Middle East & N Africa NT 2013.10
Middle East & North Africa 2013.10
-CN North America NT 2013.10
North America 2013.10
-CN Europe NT
-CN Europe NT 2013.10
The interesting part ;
- Only Europe 3d map is recognized the middle east and north america 3dmaps are not recognized, why? I did not understand, although it is from this website and followed your instructions
- Whenever i select any of the DEM maps within the 3790T mymaps, all DEMs are automaticly selected and why all are named as Middle East - DEM and followed by the correct second line ?? Why all are selected if i would select any one only?? But after all are selected i can deselect one of them.
Appreciate your help, thanks....
Last edited by sinanaykan; 10th June 2012 at 11:37 PM.
"Cannot Unlock Maps" message comes from a locked map, check them all with GmapTool and see which one is locked.
To make it easier try firstly without sd , to see if it's in the sd or in internal memory.
are unlock files from your original preloaded map , backup on pc and delete coz nuvi dont need them anymore if the gmapprom.img is unlocked by GimgunlockGMAPPROM.GMA (dont know what this is, it was there )
GMAPPROM.UNL (dont know what this is, it was there )
leave it645498873.gma (dont know what this is, it was there )
is the firmware installer Garmin send to nuvi to update it with Webupdater or MyDashboard. You can delete it.GUPDATE.GCD ( dont know what this is, it was there )
Leave all other files and read about them here: try to know what do you have in your nuvi before playing with it
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
When using a map deselect 3D terrain from the map layers menu: 3bar button/Map Layers/3D terrain.
No need to deselect it in Map list
I just found out that the middle east 3d map file and north america 3d map file was LOCKED, so i used gimgunlock to unlock them and those 3d maps were visible under Mymaps. But all DEM files are still the same , you either select them all or unselect all, but when all selected it seems to be working, i tried to see the terrain. I guess everything is working that way. But i did not understand why the dem files appear initially as Middle East - DEM and then second line displays the actual DEM file where it belongs. That is a mystery to me for now
Probably you should put the DEM.img in the same folder along its own map.img.
Your country map and its DEM.img in internal memory and all the others in SD/Map folder.
Well, the problem is that the internal memory space of 3790T handles only the europe 2013.10 mapset , so i dont think i would be able to move north america 2013.10 and middle east maps along with their DEM files to the internal memory and only the 3d map files to the SD.
When i checked it in GPS OFF mode ( while having all DEM files selected under mymaps with their pairing mapsets ) the terrain was visible when i was browsing the map by selecting the country and looking through the mountainous areas and so.
Is there any disadvantage of having my mapsets as they are now? I mean only europe along with its DEM is under .system in internal memory and the other dem files are under SD\Map\ along with their own country mapsets. Would it create any problems to have all DEM files selected while navigating? I havent tested it but i will.
At the end of post #44 Catymag wrote ;
"When using a map deselect 3D terrain from the map layers menu: 3bar button/Map Layers/3D terrain.
No need to deselect it in Map list "
But i couldnt understand where the map layer menu is. In the 3790T main screen i clicked on Tools\settings\3bar on left up corner and it only shows Restore or cancel.
So you recommend having ALL mapsets and their related files selected under mymaps but deselected from map layer menu ( i hope i can find it soon ) . I always thought that the GPS device would process more and slow down if i would select all mapsets for the initial Alignment while it is figuring out where in the world it is and then checking the related map to locate itself on it. Of course this was just an assumption
Your country map and its DEM.img in internal memory and all the others in SD/Map folder.From Map screen , 3 bars buttoni couldnt understand where the map layer menu is.
It will be slower at start at loading maps, DEM maps can slow down map rendering, I think nuvi processes in rendering just the map tiles is displaying on screen.I always thought that the GPS device would process more and slow down if i would select all mapsets for the initial Alignment
I'm still looking for this Map for South-Africa. (Dem Map from 3790)
If someone can kindly share.
Alright now i understood what you meant by "your country map " i thought you meant the mapset of the countries But you actually meant the country i drive the most i guess. Anyway, i work in middle east but still i left the europe mapset in my internal memory with its DEM map and 3D map. And the rest are on SD\Map . Today i tested driving in Qatar, i was able to see the DEM (slight terrain shadows) and the 3d buildings, few. But everything seems to be working.
I left my 3790T back in my car, but as i remember on the main navigation screen i dont remember having that 3bar on the right bottom corner like yours. I bought my 3790T from germany in 2010 with europe mapset within. Maybe its different version? I remember checking the firmware today before leaving home it was 2.60 as i remember it.
Are there models of 3790T or different firmware's without the map layer mapset you mentioned? But anyway, thanks for all the assistance, really appreciate it.