Do you think it is possible to run the M10 Que.exe on any WM mobile and where can we get hold of the extra files ?@aekhong
They are all the same family and the version numbers also shows that. There's also a Que.exe for Garmin Mobile PC and it actually make perfect sense to call the PDA/Smartphone variant of Que.exe as Garmin Mobile XT.
It's possible to run Que.exe v5.50.70 from Garmin-Asus M20 on top of a plain GMXT v5.00.20w installation. Some path modifications apply as explained in the list below.
Everything here assumes that GMXT v5.00.20w or v5.00.30w is installed as a starter.
- Directory to use would be "[Memory Card]:\Garmin\Apps\WM". Copy "Que.exe" together with new gir-files (img.dir, img_ce.dir & img_480.gir) to that directory.
- Copy "gmapbmap.img" & "gmapprom.img" to "[Memory card]:\System".
- Edit "gmapprom.unl" and put your 25-char code from "SW.unl" first and then the 25-char code for "gmapprom.img". All in one row without blanks or new lines.
- Rename your "[Unit]:\Garmin" directory to some other name like "Garmin_OLD". The Que.exe aborts quickly if that Garmin directory exists in internal memory.
- Use Pocket Explorer and go to "[Memory Card]:\Garmin\Apps\WM\Que.exe". Now you can start Que.exe.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
The result is with VERY limited functionality. Some more DLL-files would be needed for extra functionality.
Here's some screens with Que.exe from M20 running on Sony Ericsson XPERIA X1 (WM 6.1) with GMXT v5.00.20w as initial install:
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Haven't tried with M10 Que.exe since I don't have the extra files needed.