In fact how to test the cityXplorer ? is there some simple/particular procedure ?
I tried the "cote d'azur" and find that there is no proposition/use of the public transports / the busses for exemple in marseille and monaco etc...
After testing the paris xplorer and if you put two adress you have only the option "pedestrian" and the irrealistic proposition to walk many 100km for many hours...missing something ? maybe the vendor id ?
Last edited by maryrose; 5th September 2010 at 03:52 AM.
Choose Paris. It has an extensive public transport network and relatively easy to pick a route that uses some of them.
1. Turn on simulation mode.
2. Set location to Paris and select pedestrian mode. Ensure that you see the EPM mode indication as in dvagz's post.
3. Select a well know landmark as your current and starting location. Select another well known landmark as the ending point. e.g. Notre Dame to Disneyland.
4. You will see "Your GPS location is unknown. Select your current location." Answer "OK" (only choice you have.)
5. Select "last Position" in the next two screens, since you have already set the starting point. In my example, Notre Dame.
6. You should be then offered choices of routes, including walking and various available public transports and connections. The total time and the walking distance required will be shown to help your decision.
Last edited by pillowcase; 6th September 2010 at 05:41 PM.
OK, Catymag, I will post it also in the Paris thread.
I am not in Paris, but it does work in simulation mode on my 1370. Somebody physically in Paris could do a real test.
I've try rome (unlocked and locked) on my NUVI 3790T. Rome unlocked is show like map but when i simulate a trip inside rome, public transport are not available, only by onfood. I've made unl file with PID 2 but nothink. I've try with locked with unl file (inside PID1 & PID2) but on menu maps there is not rome. Like i can do it?
EPM (Enhanced Pedestrian mode using public transportation) does not work on 37xx series units nor units that are GMA aware (Garmin's new copy protection scheme) if the properly generated GMA file for the particular mapset is not on the unit.
See my post here:
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Last edited by SwampRat1994; 8th September 2010 at 11:59 PM.
I had the chance to test Roma map on a nuvi 1200 (last firmware, no gma file with map)
the map has been unlocked with Fast IMG unlocker and I added the .unl for fid and pid2 in the map folder,
At starting nuvi asks if I want to activate pedestrian mode and it shows in settings " powered by CityXplorer"
here the result
as you can see both pedestian mode and transports work nicely, you can choose if to go on foot or if you want to use public transports in your route, all the buses or metro stops are displayed in the map- nice Garmin-
PS: it works with CNEU map activated too-
Last edited by catymag; 24th September 2010 at 12:39 PM.
You have to navigate to get to the good.
Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600
Still a newbie with the maps so I'll do more reading then writing for a while, but I'm going to try this one next week when I'm in Rome. As far as I can figure out at the moment, it seems to work with my Oregon 450. So, thanks for posting.
Hi, Catymag, thanks for all,
could you please upload it again .... for some reason...it has being erased from servers