Have you removed or renamed .gma and .unl ?
got the unit back.
I put the gmapsupp.img and the gmap3d.img files onto an micro sd card in a directory named Map. unlocked them.
Copied the D2504180A.JCV file to the .system/JCV folder in the unit.
Renamed the gmapprom.img to gmapprom.im_ and gmapprom.sum to gmapprom.sum in the .system of the unit.
Put the card into the unit and switched it on but it will not reed the maps.
I switched the unit on went into Tools/Settings/Maps/info and the screen doesn't show any maps at all. before, it would display CN Europe NT 2011.10.
When the unit is plugged into windows explorer it show the card as a separate drive.
I found the GarminDevice.xml file and opened it in visual studio. the file paths were correct for the map files.
Last edited by NickSums; 28th March 2015 at 02:38 PM.
Having looked in the mirror and given myself a good talking too for being so stupid, I have realised a very simple and stupid mistake that I made.
I put an s on the end of the Map folder so it read Maps (because there were two in there) having removed the s to make it Map, it worked first time.
I also connected it to basecamp and updated the firmware which seems like it needed doing and now all is fine, many thanks for your help.