Tested now, it works for me
Try to reinstall Communicator plugin
I used to be able to send Google Map to Garmin GPS. Now it doesn't work anymore.
Is it Google who disable this function? Anyone has encountered this before?
I have Garmin Communicator Plug-In installed.
I did trying to reinstall again but it doesn't work. I using Windows 7, Internet Explorer 9.0 and Firefox 12.0. Please advise. Thanksl.
I'm using the same : Win 7-64 bit, IE9, FF 12, Plugin 4.01
I've no idea, have you disabled something in your browsers ?
My Garmin Communicator is also 4.0.1. I have checked the plugin for IE9 and Firefox 12, it shows enable. The option of sending map to Garmin just disappear this year. Last year was okay.
I am able to do a update for my Garmin set using Garmin Dashboard with Garmin Communicator 4.0.1 plugin.
Currently, only Map Quest has this option available. But Map Quest is unable to display Singapore Map correctly.
I using nuvi 2555LMT. Is there anything wrong with my laptop?
May be it's not available in your region
Last year between Nov to Dec it works, but not this year.
This is a reply from Garmin support with instructions:
Thank you for contacting Garmin International.
I would be happy to assist you with this;
Garmin has partnered with Google to allow the transfer of addresses and POIs (Points of Interest)1 from Google Maps to the Garmin device.2
For the transfer you will need:
- A computer with Internet capabilities
- A compatible Garmin Product3
- A data transfer USB cable
- Garmin Communicator Plugin4
To transfer a point from Google Maps to your Garmin device:
- Plug your Garmin unit into the computer via the USB
- Search[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] for the location you wish to send to your Garmin device
- Click on the more option under the address in the left pane
- Click Send
- Select GPS under the Send To: menu
- Select Garmin under the Brand drop down menu
- Change or Enter any wanted information in the Name, Phone Number, or Notes fields
- Information in the phone number and notes fields may not display on all devices
- Click Send
- Garmin Communicator Plugin will search for updates to the Communicator as well as your Garmin device
- Click USB
- Click the Box next to the Garmin device plugged in
- Click Send to GPS
The address you searched for will now be available in the Favorites list of your Garmin device.
1 - Google does not allow routes to be transferred from Google Maps to the device.
2 - Compatible with the following internet browsers: Internet Explorer, Mozilla FireFox and Safari.
3 - Compatible Products:
Ιt just works for certain regions.
For example, it works for Japan or S.Korea but dosen't work for Sinagapore, Malyasia, Thailand and Indonesia.
Previously, when I try Google Map Singapore, it has the GPS option, but now it is gone.