this is my first post here.
I have Mapsource 6.13.7 in use and it works great with an abundance of installed maps. Some maps have a name in Mapsource drop down menu which does not identify the map at all. E.g. "India CN Q4 2009" is displayed as "India, India, India, India, India" in Mapsource. So I decided to change the mapset name with the program MapSetTool 1.62. Afterwards Mapsource could not be started anymore. As I have changed several mapsets and there is no feature to undo the changes I am looking for a way to get the Mapsource application back to a working state without deinstalling everything and re-installing everything from scratch or even do a fresh system install as Mapsource is very fragile with changes as you might know.
I already tried to install mapsource again with the Mapsource_6137.exe from garmin.com to no avail.
PS. Otherwise I am very thankful for your application MapSetTool!
Want let you know I just resolved the error.
MapSetTool generates with the renaming of the mapset name in Mapsource the mdx and the tdb files in the corresponding map directory. The good news is that it generates a bak file of the both files.
I renamed all the bak files back to the original files and voila!
cypherman should invest some work to get rid of this annoying behavior from his otherwise great app.