Global Mapper v14.0 Beta 1 Now Available - Includes Spatial Database Support
Among the significant changes in version 14.0 are:
- Support for reading and writing data into spatial databases including, ESRI ArcSDE, ESRI File and Personal Geodatabases, MySQL, Oracle Spatial, and PostGIS
- A significantly reorganized Digitizer right-click menu with functions conveniently organized by type along with a new Favorites toolbar that allows quick access to commonly used commands
- The addition of a new convenient Terrain Analysis menu containing such functions as Generate Contours, Combine Terrain Layers, Generate Watershed, and other terrain tools.
- Support for Web Feature Services (WFS) providing access to online vector data sources
- Support for exporting loaded data to CADRG/CIB, ASRP/ADRG, and Garmin JNX format files
- A new tool for calculating the volume between two terrain surfaces
- A new terrain analysis tool for delineating ridgelines
- Improved attribute searching with the option to select specific layers to search
- Enhanced Digitizer editor functions such as freehand rotating and cropping multiple areas to a line
- Updated copy/paste functionality that allows the selection of a destination layer when pasting
- A new tool for calculating the cost of premium data purchases based on export area and required resolution
As with all previous releases, version 14 expands the list of file formats that can be imported and exported by Global Mapper and offers support for many new and updated projections and datums. All of the improvements and enhancements are listed in the What's New document that is displayed during installation.
After installing, you can request a 2 week trial from the initial registration dialog that appears.
The official release of Global Mapper is planned for mid September, 2012
Please Login or Register to see the links