Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Member + Couple of twitchs and then some random questionsCouple of twitchs and then some random questions RDesikan's Avatar

@ Neil, my speed no longer turns red when I am exceeding the limit. Is this something you've noticed on your unit?

2.    Advertissements

Garmin/GPS Systems GMod. Couple of twitchs and then some random questions
    Couple of twitchs and then some random questionsCouple of twitchs and then some random questionsCouple of twitchs and then some random questionsCouple of twitchs and then some random questionsCouple of twitchs and then some random questionsCouple of twitchs and then some random questions

Hadn't noticed it, but just checked and yes the speed stays black on mine with SG/MY on-board. You could try setting it to different Locales to see if that enables it, sometimes different country settings enable/disable features, e.g. in 765 Singapore will enable travel guide but you lose exit icon in 'Where To?' menu. In my nuvi 3597 setting locale as UK or Luxembourg etc will enable an audible over-speed alert which isn't available for US or AU for instance. Have a play around, numerous hard-reset won't hurt it.

It's often a 'tradeoff' for features when you cross-flash firmware. "Garmin giveth and Garmin taketh away".
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

Member + Couple of twitchs and then some random questionsCouple of twitchs and then some random questions RDesikan's Avatar

I don't know how to use the exit icon or the garmin online feature. i assume the latter has been discontinued. Can I change locales without hard resetting?
    Last edited by RDesikan; 30th November 2014 at 06:24 AM.

Couple of twitchs and then some random questionsCouple of twitchs and then some random questionsCouple of twitchs and then some random questionsCouple of twitchs and then some random questionsCouple of twitchs and then some random questionsCouple of twitchs and then some random questions

(i) Beats me too, it's not present in US 7x5 fw at all, and only appeared in mine running SG with locale to AU [and US also i think]. In some other units, there's one called 'Exit Services' which will list the up-coming exits nearby Gas Stations etc., maybe it's the same sort of thing.
    (ii) I'm sure your assumption is correct that any Garmin online services have been discontinued.
    (iii) No, not in 765. Possible in some far more recent units to change Country thru hidden menu behind speedo though.
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

Gah such a pain in the ass re-pairing my bluetooth and re-adding the pictures to my favorites list. When I click on exits it says no data, which leads me to believe I'm missing some sort of poi. I'll look into it.

Ok did some digging and exit servcies are offered on us model 24xx, 25xx, 34xx, and 35xx nuvis. Seems to me that since garmin updates the poi file with the maps as necessary those ext pois are in the the set of updated files. I just have to figure out where, and where to put them so my nuvi knows where they are.
    Last edited by RDesikan; 30th November 2014 at 09:50 AM.

SO when I took my device out for a test drive on the highway, I noticed something odd, after junction view shows me the exit, the map redraw is only for half the screen. I have to go to menu, and then back to the map for it to fill out the whole screen again. I'm using the large jcv file, if that helps with diagnosis.

Try the split-screen jcv file meant for 2/3xxx. The Asian 765s don't use a full-screen like the Western units so you'll get weird results using it with Asian fw although it does still work as you found.

Hmmm. I'm wondering if this is all worth it for a compass pointer and a speaking dictionary I don't use very often. SO the small split screen jcv file, not the full version, yes?

Like i said 'Garmin giveth etc ....' and cross flashing in often a trade-off in features. It's quite personal though, in fact i generally haven't been happy with Asian fw overall on most units but have been with SG on 765. None of the Western JCV files are without issue.

The small so-called 'full' D3836110A.JCV SplitScreen [which is for nuvi xx and SP apps] for NA 2015.30 will work very well because of the Asian fw being natively able to parse the .jcv type, but the file is small without very many views although it will display more correctly on the navigation screen than either the fullscreen or big split. If you press the turn arrow to preview it will show stretched out in fullscreen and quite fuzzy though.

The big D3191150A.JCV [SplitScreen Full version for 2xxx] is the one i suggested. I can use the big splitscreen from my AU 2xxx/3xxx devices here and it works in 765 running SG but still has issues. It will slide in slowly, partly or not at all sometime on the nav screen. The 'preview' will show it as the correctly proportioned half-screen and centered with white either side, but i still prefer it over the fullscreen.

Personal preferences ......

Hmm. I got the one you recommended. I wish the fullscreen didn't jack up the map so badly when it cuts out, but I guess we'll see how i like the splitscreen, like you said in the preview for lane assist it showed up nicely centered with white bars on either side. . Also, I found out that eco route doesn't work in truck mode. I am going to try truck mode on my way to ATL this weekend and see if I can get exit to work. I'll let you know.