Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Garmin/GPS Systems GMod. Couple of twitchs and then some random questions
    Couple of twitchs and then some random questionsCouple of twitchs and then some random questionsCouple of twitchs and then some random questionsCouple of twitchs and then some random questionsCouple of twitchs and then some random questionsCouple of twitchs and then some random questions

Additional menu for POIs from Settings>Map; Lil' north-pointer in lower LH crn of map screen with scale under it; Ability to calibrate screen from Display setting; SBAS [WAAS to you Yanks] enabling. Not sure if WAAS et al actually works even if enabled on US/EU units as there's no SBAS here in AU officially, so i can't really check but don't turn it on in my units as it just chews up the battery quicker.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

That's in TWN fw. Nothing else that i can think of. Everything available to US/EU fw still works afaik.
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

2.    Advertissements

Member + Couple of twitchs and then some random questionsCouple of twitchs and then some random questions RDesikan's Avatar

WANT! And does webupdater still work with it or do yoiu have to reflash everytime?

Please, point me to where I can do this to mine.

Couple of twitchs and then some random questionsCouple of twitchs and then some random questionsCouple of twitchs and then some random questionsCouple of twitchs and then some random questionsCouple of twitchs and then some random questionsCouple of twitchs and then some random questions

When i checked, it's actually SG/MY firmware i have on that 765. I think it was one of my 760's i flashed to TWN. The features for TWN and SG are exactly the same anyway i think.

If you do a full conversion to Asian [not recommended] you can update with WU as your unit will be the Asian HWID and will be recognised as such [WU reads HWID to determine firmware]. Better way is to use hybrid firmware of US boot.bin and Asian fw_all.bin which retains the US HWID of 0870. Easier to flash back if there's a problem, but if you use WU your unit will be flashed back to US if there is ever another unit software [firmware] update. Highly unlikely there will be another update imo anyway. Be aware that sometimes flashing to Asian can result in problems with functions or you may get 'system software missing' message on boot [i.e. bricked]. All the more reason to use US boot.bin to make flashing back easier. Preboot mode on 7 series can be tricky too, read up and practice it before you start flashing: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. 7x5 will enter a pseudo-preboot from the hidden menu behind the battery symbol quite easily provided no SD card is in the unit, but that won't help you if you brick it and need to flash back using preboot.

You need to know what you are doing before you start and if you're not now scared off read some tuts on cross-flashing from the Index modding section to see how to make and then flash hybrid fw. Here's one of mine for example: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. The principles in there are the same, but don't use the full flash method for ANY Asian conversion is my sincere advice. You can't clear nonvol on 7 series but you can do hard reset, which is recommended before and after flashing too. Do back up region 41 as a safeguard also.

Then download the Asian firmware of your choice, e.g.:
    Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links
    Don't run the exe file, extract it with WinRar or similar and find the file GUPDATE.GCD to get fw_all.bin and combine it with US boot.bin using RGN_Tool. Get the US boot.bin from your present unit software, if GUPDATE.GCD file is in it's Garmin folder use that, or if it's not in there get the GCD file from here:
    Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links
    If none of that makes sense, PLEASE DON'T DO IT until you understand everything from reading the tuts, over and over.
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

Member + Couple of twitchs and then some random questionsCouple of twitchs and then some random questions RDesikan's Avatar

Righty-o, it seems I have some reading to do!

First question, what HWID do i use in the overrides section?
    Last edited by RDesikan; 19th November 2014 at 01:45 AM.

Read up then Man up, Marine!

Oh it's like THAT huh? GAME ON!!!!

Hang on a tic, does the twn firmware show you pois on the map you haven't asked to see? I've got everything ready to go but I'm thinking I'm not doing this just for touch screen calibration and a compass needle.

Jeez Louise! I guess you didn't notice one of my pretty screenshots which i went to enormous trouble to post for your edification [hint: the 2nd one], and the first sentence of my Post #11: 'Addition menu for POIs from Settings>Map'.
    Were you really in the Marines? That seems more like an Infantry Grunt's comment/query to me ...

That's what Marines are, grunts that ride on ships. I'm the guy that takes them from ship to shore in a nice armed/armored vehicle that floats, and then continues on with them in a combat support role. I can't tell from the second picture what that thing is in the corner because it is obscured by the minus sign and doesn't appear to be labelled.

Bit smarter than the average grunt are marines i thought. At least the few i've met were but maybe they were just on their best behaviour? Mind you we're talking a half-colonel and 2 majors so maybe they were a bit above the hoy polloi too. Back to business: That little half map is showing part of the normal map screen of the unit at the time. I can't make out what that poi is either, but as all the categories were enabled it could be anything. The point is, the screen allows all the pois to be disabled, or they can checked/unchecked individually which makes it an additional feature over US/EU fw where they are enabled by default to show on the Map and unchangeable.

Let me know how you go if you decide to flash. Main thing: Use current US boot.bin and do HWID override in RGN_Tool as 0870 not an Asian HWID.