Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Any chance for a patched version of this map ? (Edge 1000)

Thanks

2.    Advertissements

Important User TOPO Benelux PRO v2.0
    TOPO Benelux PRO v2.0TOPO Benelux PRO v2.0TOPO Benelux PRO v2.0TOPO Benelux PRO v2.0TOPO Benelux PRO v2.0TOPO Benelux PRO v2.0TOPO Benelux PRO v2.0

Quote Originally Posted by oinkman View Post
    Any chance for a patched version of this map ? (Edge 1000)

Thanks
    here we are
    Patched version
    This post requires you to click the "LIKE this post" button and hit F5 to read this content.
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

Hi,
    I downloaded this map when it first came out. What's the difference with this latest patched version? Is Map printing enabled?

Thanks!!

TOPO Benelux PRO v2.0TOPO Benelux PRO v2.0TOPO Benelux PRO v2.0TOPO Benelux PRO v2.0TOPO Benelux PRO v2.0TOPO Benelux PRO v2.0TOPO Benelux PRO v2.0

The difference is this one above is unlocked with gimgunlock+mapsigpatch. On 14-9-2014 it wasn't available to the public yet.

sent with my phone
    l9ebnsm

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

Thanks Caty! Although even after googling it's still a bit unclear what the mapsigpatch really does.
    If we want to print these maps, the only option is still the workaround with GMapTool, or to download the BeLux PC version?

Unlocking has nothing to do with printing, if it's not available is because Garmin doesn't allow it for its map providers copyright issues.
    Mapsigpatch simply removes signature from signed .img.
    l9ebnsm

ok! So the only way to print from img files that don't allow it, would be to patch the basecamp software itself somehow..

So...
    This is really weird. I had the topo BeNeLux pro installed as an img file with imdisk. Basecamp informed me each time it booted that this map did not allow printing. Then I downloaded the BeLux pro PC version, which came as an unlocked .gmap file. Installed it into basecamp and noticed I could now print from BOTH maps. I then again removed the PC version .gmap and now Basecamp allows me to print from the old imdisk mounted BeNeLux pro .img map!

Don't know what happened here, but I sure like it!
    Thank you for all the great content on here!

Quote Originally Posted by gaf123 View Post
    <...> I then again removed the PC version .gmap and now Basecamp allows me to print from the old imdisk mounted BeNeLux pro .img map!
    Interesting. It sounds like BaseCamp retains certain data in its (cache) memory. Does this still work after a reboot of the computer?
    To avoid clutter, please don't leave any "Thank You" posts but use the Xlosbkb button or the LIKE this post ↑ link instead
    (found at the lower left hand side of any post)
    To see hidden download links, use the same LIKE this post ↑ link and hit F5 on the keyboard to refresh the page.
    Report broken download links by using the ADYp6au button at the lower left hand corner of that post.

Good suggestion. I just rebooted and it still works!
    This might be interesting to circumvent this annoying restriction permanently for all maps. Maybe somebody can try to reproduce this?