Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Navigation software expert Zumo mapping naming
    Zumo mapping namingZumo mapping namingZumo mapping naming

For Zumo 5x0 the next info on Garmin:

Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links
    May be it is time for update?
    Garmin, how much is 30 pieces of silver for Judas today? Were they worthy for crucifix of GPSPower?

2.    Advertissements

Garmin/GPS Systems GMod. Zumo mapping naming
    Zumo mapping namingZumo mapping namingZumo mapping namingZumo mapping namingZumo mapping namingZumo mapping namingZumo mapping naming

Version 5.0:
    Code:
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

Quote Originally Posted by catymag View Post
    There is a maps tiles limit, I looked with Google and found 2025 maps tiles limit for zumo 550,
    that's why you should look at what jdm suggests.
    Edit:
    Limits are 4GB for the map file size and 1000 mp3 songs
    Hi Catymag,
    Found the same info.
    jdm found size: 3.23Gb, 534 mapsegments (tiles), so I understand. This should be well below the limit. This started my confusion and caused me to post the question on the forum.

@Neil
    "Could be that the size of the map is also a problem. zumo 550 was released about 7 years back and originally had [still has?] the FAT16 2GiB file size limit. Support was added at some point for 4GB+ SDHC cards with FAT32, but maybe not for >4GiB file size limit. Of the same vintage, nuvi series 2x0/3x0/5x0/6x0/7x0 were all released around 6 to 8 years ago and all originally had the same 2GiB file limit. All of those now also support SDHC cards with FAT32 but notably only some support file size limit to 4 GiB. nuvi 3x0 and 6x0 for instance are still stuck with under 2GiB, so maybe the same with zumo 5x0?"

Must be the case ?!
    Found the same info as Catymag, but also found OEM Zumo's (BMW, HONDA etc) to still have the 2GB limit. (
    Code:
    )
    I did not buy mine as an OEM however. Still it seems to have the limit.
    Sometimes Garmin sell's refurbished units. Maybe they refurbished an OEM, and sold it to me as a new non-OEM one ? Edit: no, because OEM units can't be upgraded to Firmware 4.80. They are stuck in 2.80 or something.
    Is there a way to recognise the "2Gb-affected" units ?

Peter

Hi Giomen,
    Sorry: I did not see your post before my last reply.
    If that's the case, I'm in shame...............
    I was under the impression that this was fixed with earlier release .
    I'll try.

@Neil,
    Thanks for the link.

Ok Guy's,
    Solved with the update to Firmware 5.00.
    I'm deeply ashamed.
    Must have assumed that the former 4GB filesize was also for the mapsize.
    Thx for all your help. (oops, not allowed .. )

Greetz.,
    Peter

The above discussion moved from
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Although this thread deals with zumo 550 and 600, the topic name is "zumo mapping naming", so I hope my following question is not considered off topic (I had a lengthy discussion with Neil recently about what is and what isn't off topic and my vision is blurred ever since... ).

The question being: do maps on a microSD for the zumo 590 follow the same naming convention as for instance for the nüvi 1xxx, 2xxx and 3xxx: anyname.img in the SD:\Map folder or does it go in the SD:\Garmin folder or does it follow the same convention as for zumo 550 and 600?

Zumo mapping namingZumo mapping namingZumo mapping namingZumo mapping namingZumo mapping namingZumo mapping namingZumo mapping naming

Jeeeezzzz, SF. Way to hurt a guy's reputation. I didn't mean to kick you in the head anyway, i wuz aiming for your throat.

My definition of on-topic is as broad as my def of off-topic is narrow, so you're safe here unless Caty says otherwise . The unit's only six months in the market, released in April this year. So waddya think? Never used one, but i reckon it's like the modern nuvis with Map folder use for sure, prob anyname in sd Garmin folder too.
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

Cheers, mate! Appreciate the quick response... and the humor (or is it 'humour' in Oz?). It's a unit across the Atlantic Ocean, so I can't try it out myself. Going to send a microSD with multiple map files across to my friend. Considering the age of the unit, your thoughts sound logical (as usual).

I understand. I talk to yanks too, most are ok. Don't forget that this device is subject to the new protection too.