Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cnfhbr View Post
    Yes, this map contains additional protection (Map Signatures) and it will not work after conventional unlocking on the newest devices (like, nüvi 55/56/65/66/25x9/26x9, zūmo 590, GPSMAP 64, Edge 1000 etc.).
    On what data is your analysis based that the map has a "Map Signature", and where/how we find it in the img-file? Can that be patched ?

Quote Originally Posted by pietu View Post
    maybe need be carefull with another old devices also, when new firmware coming ????
    My Oregon 600 with the latest firmware (software version 4.10, as of July 2, 2014) works fine with CN 2015.10 and this Topo Austria v4 (both has a Map Signature ?) . So no problems at this moment on that device.
    Maybe Garmin has only built into the firmware of the 64-serie something to test the "Map Signature", and look at this forum how we respond to it, before they change the firmware for the other outdoormodels.

2.    Advertissements

Affected devices:
    •nüvi 55,56,65,66
    •nüvi 2014 Series (2567LM, )
    •GPSMap 64
    •Oregon 6xx (only FW 3.70)
    •Montana 6xx (only FW 5.60)
    •Edge 1000
    •Zumo x90

Credit to dirtbikermp3
    [link removed]
    Last edited by Neil; 12th July 2014 at 02:37 AM. Reason: Link to concurrent forums not allowed sorry.

Navigation software expert TOPO Austria v4 PRO
    TOPO Austria v4 PRO

Quote Originally Posted by pietu View Post
    maybe need be careful with another old devices also, when new firmware coming ????
    Yes, of course! It's on the cards.

Authentically:
    Device support is still ongoing – release TBD ...
    Last edited by Cnfhbr; 12th July 2014 at 05:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kecs View Post
    Affected devices:
    •Oregon 6xx (only FW 3.70)
    •Montana 6xx (only FW 5.60)
    These firmware versions disappeared very quickly when everyone write about the authification problem. For the Oregon600 the 3.70 version even not excist for Garmin at the moment. Is goes from 3.60 to 3.80. The same way for the Montana.
    So that problem was rather a mistake of Garmin than a structural solution to read an additional protection I guess. As a write before, with my Oregon600 and FW 4.10 I don't have any problems until now.

So, now comes again the other question: the new Nuvis and Zumo's and 64-series and Edge 1000 have a structural protection mechanisme build in the latest firmware ? See my questions at post #11

thx hard69!
    couldn't have said it better!!!!

nothing changed in the East!
    East v4 = East v3
    West v4 = Transalpin v4 (2014).
    and like you said v2 version is still the most detailed!!!!

What makes me sad is that there are NO Mountainbike & cycling routes/tracks/trails in the East.
    So i switched to
    Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links
    (routable bicycle). It's much more detailed & for FREE!!!

I don't understand Garmin at all!! They are charging alot of money for it and it is worse than the free OSM maps?? come on!!! (don't get me wrong, i am downloading the map here, to check if it's worth the money .... and if so, i am gonna buy it)

edit: works perfectly on Edge 800 (put it on SD-card (copy .img to Garmin folder + .db file into Garmin/SQL folder))
    Last edited by pend1; 12th July 2014 at 06:25 PM.

Navigation software expert TOPO Austria v4 PRO ozboss's Avatar

Download Instructions:
    Spoiler: download
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]status mgggM,QrSGLTXY9XorNc36AqDbTNJiYoobuChJDB5fM= or [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] 189379074153c4006d98aec
    FID 3086
    password: ozboss18

Inside:
    unlocked image
    sql file

hoster
    filefactory.com
    share-online.bi

@ozboss

What's the use of uploading the identical file this thread started with???

So, for those who hoped that ozboss came up with a version that is unlocked for the newer devices like the gpsmap64: forget it!
    GPSMAP 64s + Oregon 650, but missing my GPSMAP 60csx like hell

Garmin/GPS Systems GMod. TOPO Austria v4 PRO
    TOPO Austria v4 PROTOPO Austria v4 PROTOPO Austria v4 PROTOPO Austria v4 PROTOPO Austria v4 PROTOPO Austria v4 PRO

@hirulog2
    Mirror/extra links are always welcome and particularly because some host sites may work better than others for different countries. ozboss has posted an 'unlocked' image in the sense that most ppl would assume it to be i.e. unlocked with the current gimgunlock only in the conventional sense as discussed earlier for the file in initial post. The 'new protection' is still active in such unlocked files because of the Map Signatures but only for the devices listed in Post #12 presently.
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

Navigation software expert TOPO Austria v4 PRO
    TOPO Austria v4 PRO

Quote Originally Posted by hirulog2 View Post
    So, for those who hoped that ozboss came up with a version that is unlocked for the newer devices like the gpsmap64: forget it!
    Try this:
    Spoiler: Links ...
    This post requires you to click the "LIKE this post" button and hit F5 to read this content.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    @hirulog2
    Mirror/extra links are always welcome and particularly because some host sites may work better than others for different countries. ozboss has posted an 'unlocked' image in the sense that most ppl would assume it to be i.e. unlocked with the current gimgunlock only in the conventional sense as discussed earlier for the file in initial post. The 'new protection' is still active in such unlocked files because of the Map Signatures but only for the devices listed in Post #12 presently.
    OK - I see the point. Thanks for explaining!

@Ozboss:
    No offense please - I have great admiration for the fantastic series of Garmin-maps you've made available to us!!
    GPSMAP 64s + Oregon 650, but missing my GPSMAP 60csx like hell