Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    @IceMatrix
    I suppose you're talking about your Kenwood with that question. I can't remember with them if that's the case, but for sure it's not to do with the map. It's a firmware thing and older Garmin units with ABC keyboards certainly enter only Capital letters in the search field.
    With NT map haven't this problem with NTU yes i want understand if this is the first problem that suggest that NTU map is not compatible

2.    Advertissements

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Estonia, Latvia, Litva 2015.10 Unl. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Garmin | City Navigator Europe NT (Unicode) 2015.10

29fb592d4771e80834d6ed757382ed87

FID 3339

SID
    3xx Address Search D3176140A sid
    34xx FastRouting D3414130A sid
    34xx InstaSearch D3175140A sid
    34xx TrafficTrendsv3 D3427120A sid

This post requires you to click the "LIKE this post" button and hit F5 to read this content.

3D Locked /Un Locked

This post requires you to click the "LIKE this post" button and hit F5 to read this content.

JCV

Db

G2S

Image Locked

Image UnLocked

MapSource Locked

MapSource UnLocked

Important User Garmin City Navigator Europe NT(Unicode) 2015.10
    Garmin City Navigator Europe NT(Unicode) 2015.10

Quote Originally Posted by laerco View Post
    Estonia, Latvia, Litva 2015.10 Unl
    Welcome...

I download your map (MapSource shortcut,I suppose) and interesting is the comparison with that of MapInstall.
    Your map/shortcut:
    Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links
    My map/shortcut
    Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links
    The size is same...but files MD2,IDX and MPS no.But file MPS is different for data maps (HERE2015.10 and without U:.......)

Imho,better use the MapInstall....
    Last edited by Roger; 5th June 2014 at 09:03 PM.

Garmin/GPS Systems GMod. Garmin City Navigator Europe NT(Unicode) 2015.10
    Garmin City Navigator Europe NT(Unicode) 2015.10Garmin City Navigator Europe NT(Unicode) 2015.10Garmin City Navigator Europe NT(Unicode) 2015.10Garmin City Navigator Europe NT(Unicode) 2015.10Garmin City Navigator Europe NT(Unicode) 2015.10Garmin City Navigator Europe NT(Unicode) 2015.10Garmin City Navigator Europe NT(Unicode) 2015.10

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    The size is same...but files MD2,IDX and MPS no.But file MPS is different for data maps (HERE2015.10 and without U:.......)

Not just yours Roger, mine and many others too and that includes the software designers who make the programs at Garmin. Well spotted mate, many probably wouldn't have looked past the same size .....

It's nice that users want to help others by uploading regional maps for them. But, please, please please use only MapInstall and change the MS Flag to 0 so the image can be seen in BaseCamp. If you insist on using MapSource to make short-cut maps then so be it, but at least that should be prominently notified in the post.

Regardless, thanks for your contribution laerco and welcome to GPSPower.
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

Navigation software expert Garmin City Navigator Europe NT(Unicode) 2015.10
    Garmin City Navigator Europe NT(Unicode) 2015.10Garmin City Navigator Europe NT(Unicode) 2015.10Garmin City Navigator Europe NT(Unicode) 2015.10

Quote Originally Posted by papaschlum View Post
    When transfering the maps from mapsource to my GPS Device (Etrex Vista HCx) I could not tick the "include routing information" checkbox (is grey).
    Aren't those informations not included? In older versions it works fine.
    Thanks for reply.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    @papaschlum
    As an older device, your eTrex Vista HCx would not be fully compatible with unicode maps. See [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. Best stick with non-unicode EU 2014.40 to be safe. I concude from your question that you're using MapSource to compile an image. Sorry to say, MS is not fully compatible with large CN and Topo maps, so better to use MapInstall for them. To answer your question though, if the map is routable anyway [as this one is] that field will be automatically greyed out in MS anyway.
    The reason for greyed out in MS is NT format. Old non NT format was supported the mode for exclusion of routing data to decrease of map size. Many old device do not have a routing support and its have a very limited memory size into the bargain. NT format do not support this mode at all.
    Garmin, how much is 30 pieces of silver for Judas today? Were they worthy for crucifix of GPSPower?

Garmin City Navigator Europe NT(Unicode) 2015.10Garmin City Navigator Europe NT(Unicode) 2015.10Garmin City Navigator Europe NT(Unicode) 2015.10

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post

I agree with you. If MPS is not contain any critic data for using maps. It contain only descriptions! But MD2,IDX it is routing and searching algorithms.
    Garmin, how much is 30 pieces of silver for Judas today? Were they worthy for crucifix of GPSPower?

Garmin/GPS Systems GMod. Garmin City Navigator Europe NT(Unicode) 2015.10
    Garmin City Navigator Europe NT(Unicode) 2015.10Garmin City Navigator Europe NT(Unicode) 2015.10Garmin City Navigator Europe NT(Unicode) 2015.10Garmin City Navigator Europe NT(Unicode) 2015.10Garmin City Navigator Europe NT(Unicode) 2015.10Garmin City Navigator Europe NT(Unicode) 2015.10Garmin City Navigator Europe NT(Unicode) 2015.10

Quote Originally Posted by Giomen View Post
    The reason for greyed out in MS is NT format. Old non NT format was supported the mode for exclusion of routing data to decrease of map size. Many old device do not have a routing support and its have a very limited memory size into the bargain. NT format do not support this mode at all.
    Thanks. I meant exactly that, because he already knew it was a live field for 'older versions' [non-NT]. However to be absolutely clear, i should have written this:
    To answer your question though, if the map is an NT routable anyway [as this one is] that field will be automatically greyed out in MS anyway.
    BTW, I've just fixed your post #117 immediately above where you had the quote wrongly attributed to [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] when it should have been Roger ... So one good turn deserves another ol' Pal! ..... Dammit! Why is my back still itchy??
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

Quote Originally Posted by papaschlum View Post
    BTW, I've just fixed your post #117 immediately above where you had the quote wrongly attributed to [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] when it should have been Roger ... So one good turn deserves another ol' Pal! ..... Dammit! Why is my back still itchy??
    Sorry I do not read that had written by me. Here is always ready Pal with itching back but who prefer to put his claws on other white and gentle back

Tested on: 1350, 40, 255W so far the address search works both for latin and gyrillic.