Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thanks to those that posted maps as those of us trying to update official maps using Garmin Express, or using MapUpdater, has problems.

Although they appear available, after download they won't install properly
    Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links

2.    Advertissements

Important User Garmin City Navigator North America NT 2015.10 kenta2's Avatar

3490 ASR

04CNCW74.SRX
    04CNCW75.ASR
    04CNCW76.ASR
    04CNCW77.ASR
    04CNCW78.ASR
    Spoiler: Files
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

3790 ASR

04CNCW00.SRX
    04CNCW01.ASR
    Spoiler: Files

Important User Garmin City Navigator North America NT 2015.10 kenta2's Avatar

CN North America NT 2015.10 ALL Original

Download is hidden

This post requires you to click the "LIKE this post" button and hit F5 to read this content.

Unlock with: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Last edited by kenta2; 17th May 2014 at 09:32 PM.

Garmin/GPS Systems GMod. Garmin City Navigator North America NT 2015.10
    Garmin City Navigator North America NT 2015.10Garmin City Navigator North America NT 2015.10Garmin City Navigator North America NT 2015.10Garmin City Navigator North America NT 2015.10Garmin City Navigator North America NT 2015.10Garmin City Navigator North America NT 2015.10Garmin City Navigator North America NT 2015.10

Quote Originally Posted by edusonbaty View Post
    C.N.A 2015.10 no even one problem with mapsource. Maps working just fine, searching by address and all other search modes are ALL OK!.
    Im working with MS portable special edition 6.16.3.0
    You have to be unlucky, but problems can and do occur with large modern CN gmap folders used in MS to compile images. The desktop App Developer FALAGAR posted somewhere in the official Garmin forum warning against using MS for that, saying that MapInsall and MapSource use different algorithims for compiling img files. You can easily see that yourself, there are slight differences in a .img done with MS compared to that from MI.

I can't find the link at the moment, but i know Caty posted it somewhere and she or someone else might be good enough to post it again.
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

Important User Garmin City Navigator North America NT 2015.10
    Garmin City Navigator North America NT 2015.10Garmin City Navigator North America NT 2015.10Garmin City Navigator North America NT 2015.10Garmin City Navigator North America NT 2015.10Garmin City Navigator North America NT 2015.10Garmin City Navigator North America NT 2015.10Garmin City Navigator North America NT 2015.10

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post

I can't find the link at the moment, but i know Caty posted it somewhere and she or someone else might be good enough to post it again.
    Quote Originally Posted by FALAGAR
    It's fine to use MapSource if you want, but do so at your own risk. I want to point out that the image creation code in MapSource is very dated. It might or might not work properly on the device. They have been dozens of fixes since MapSource 6.16.3 was released.

MapInstall should also be faster in image creation and transfer (depending on the type of map and device) because of performance improvements we made. MapInstall supports nMaps (more than one supplemental map), without having to manually rename gmapsupp.img. So the official recommendation is to use MapInstall, not MapSource. If something is wrong with a map on a device (mainly with routing) and you created the image with MapSource, I'd try again with MapInstall to at least eliminate one possible point of failure.
    Spoiler: source
    Code:

Spoiler: MS crashes:
    Code:
    Code:

NOTE: official link for Large JCV:
    Spoiler: D3060140A.JCV
    Code:
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

Member + Garmin City Navigator North America NT 2015.10 mullerh's Avatar

I am a little confused with regard to he ASR1 files for CN NA 2015.10

For the 2014.4 version I used these for my Nuvi 885
    04BAFQIO.SRX
    04BAFQIP.ASR

One of the previous download linked ASR file sets shows 4 files, the other 2 files but the file name sequences do not resemble the 2014.40 version.
    Perhaps someone can shed some light on this for me.
    Thanks for your help

Quote Originally Posted by mullerh View Post

04BAFQIO.SRX
    04BAFQIP.ASR
    Thanks for your help
    The names change with each release. As I understand, they should be the same as the ASR files for the 3790, and can be downloaded from the link given in post #25.
    Last edited by anudder; 17th May 2014 at 05:08 AM.

Master

City Navigator North America NT 2015.10
    1.60 GB IMG
    Unlocked
    bYM5b

Mirror 5h0qs

This post requires you to click the "LIKE this post" button and hit F5 to read this content.
    Last edited by catymag; 18th June 2014 at 05:08 PM. Reason: removed mirror dead link

Garmin/GPS Systems GMod. Garmin City Navigator North America NT 2015.10

Quote Originally Posted by kenta2 View Post
    3790 ASR

04CNCW00.SRX
    04CNCW01.ASR
    Quote Originally Posted by mullerh View Post

04BAFQIO.SRX
    04BAFQIP.ASR
    @mullerh
    anudder is correct, sometimes the files names might change more than other times with version change. The two 3790 ASR'1' files are correct for your 885. The other 4 files are ASR'2' and won't work for you.
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

Master Garmin City Navigator North America NT 2015.10Garmin City Navigator North America NT 2015.10 Superduper67's Avatar

I didn't know that 885 works with ASR files (used to have one, sold it).
    How about 775 or 1390? Do they work with ASR1?