Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Looking for .KBD and .TXT files for nüvi 5xx

I received a bricked nüvi 550 from a friend which I managed to get working again (thanks to Kunix's GarminCure3 ). I had to reformat the internal storage space with RMPrepUSB. After installing new FW and updates via WebUpdater and Garmin Express, still the keyboard and text files are missing. In the Language Menu they are stuck to the default American English.

I have searched the internet and this forum for more than an hour, but can not find any download location for these files. Could someone please upload them for me. Or probably even better (also for future use), is there a database where I can find these files for a particular Garmin GPS unit? Thanks in advance!

2.    Advertissements

Navigation software expert

No KBD is needed. But only TXT!

Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links
    Open nuvi5xxTextFiles_regionfileonly__250.rgn in any program with ZIP archive support.

P.S. Traffic and proximity GTT:

Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links
    The Google database is the best! Only type something like - nuvi 5xx text file site:garmin.com. Garmin care for you
    Last edited by Giomen; 25th April 2014 at 01:08 AM.
    Garmin, how much is 30 pieces of silver for Judas today? Were they worthy for crucifix of GPSPower?

I dragged and dropped the RGN file onto the WebUpdater shortcut on the desktop. The process completed normally but still no other language selectable for keyboard or text in the Language Menu.

Quote Originally Posted by Giomen View Post
    Open nuvi5xxTextFiles_regionfileonly__250.rgn in any program with ZIP archive support.
    Not sure what you mean by this. I have WinZip and WinRAR installed on my PC but with a right-click on the RGN file there is no option to extract anything.

Garmin/GPS Systems GMod.

SF, open ProximityAlertText,Alllanguages,GTT_260.rgn with RGN_Tool, in first section you will see pk_text.zip. Press save. Extract the zip file normally to obtain the folder Text and copy that to your 550's Garmin folder.

PS: Not absolutely sure, but i think it may be the same text files as 2x5 anyway.
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

Quote Originally Posted by smokefree View Post
    1 I dragged and dropped the RGN file onto the WebUpdater shortcut on the desktop. The process completed normally but still no other language selectable for keyboard or text in the Language Menu.

2 Not sure what you mean by this. I have WinZip and WinRAR installed on my PC but with a right-click on the RGN file there is no option to extract anything.
    1. After WebUpdater you must obtain D118000.zip in Garmin folder. After unit restart you must see it contain in Text folder.

2. Rename RGN to ZIP. Or open RGN from open menu in this program! Convert RGN to ZIP as all other SW to in the upshot.

All this thing was discussed here, but if you do not want to read you may pick up variants infinitely...
    Garmin, how much is 30 pieces of silver for Judas today? Were they worthy for crucifix of GPSPower?

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    PS: Not absolutely sure, but i think it may be the same text files as 2x5 anyway.
    Not at all because Nuvi 5xx have support for routes, trackback, bike mode and marine charts...
    And for JNX also but it is need in text file

Yes, that worked!

Quote Originally Posted by smokefree View Post
    I dragged and dropped the RGN file onto the WebUpdater shortcut on the desktop. The process completed normally but still no other language selectable for keyboard or text in the Language Menu.
    1. After WebUpdater you must obtain D118000.zip in Garmin folder. After unit restart you must see it contain in Text folder.
    After WebUpdater, there was no .ZIP file in the unit's Garmin folder at all, also not after reboot.

All this thing was discussed here, but if you do not want to read you may pick up variants infinitely...
    There is a wealth of information available on this forum. I had a feeling that what I was looking for would have been discussed already. After all: what hasn't been discussed here yet! That's why I indicated in post #1 that I had already spent an hour searching both on Google as well as in this forum (BTW: not only for the file(s) itself, but also the procedure). You may not have read that part, otherwise you probably would have shown some understanding for me asking certain questions in this thread.

While working on this nüvi 550 anyway, could anyone tell me if more required files or folders are missing? Below are screenshots of the root and the Garmin folder. Thanks!

TKioZ2h

fwi3T02

Garmin/GPS Systems GMod.

Other than Help folder and the fs.image.ver file in Garmin folder it seems you've got all the correct folders there [not knowing what's in them of course]. The JPEG folder is normally in the Garmin folder, not in the root but the unit will find the .jpeg files where ever they are placed in the unit i think. Here's the known missing stuff: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].
    Attached Files Attached Files
    • This post requires you to click the "LIKE this post" button to see Attachments.
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

Moved JPEG folder. Help RAR-file downloaded, extracted and placed in Garmin folder.

<...> Nuvi 5xx have support for routes, trackback, bike mode and marine charts...
    Under Tools -> Settings -> System -> Usage Mode, there are only options for Driving, Walking, Bicycling and Scootering. None of these modes would fit the use of marine charts. Does that mean more file(s) are missing?

ScUY7IP

Garmin/GPS Systems GMod.

When you have a BlueChart loaded, 'Boating" will also appear as a selection.