Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Navigation software expert No Night Views Available in JCV?
    No Night Views Available in JCV?

Lightbulb No Night Views Available in JCV?

Quote Originally Posted by catymag View Post
    D2867100A.JCV
    Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links
    Download
    Spoiler: link
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Does anyone could see the night junction views with the D2867100A.JCV?

Unfortunately, my nuvi 3490 (US) displays only daytime pictures of this JCV in any mode.

2.    Advertissements

Garmin/GPS Systems GMod. No Night Views Available in JCV?
    No Night Views Available in JCV?No Night Views Available in JCV?No Night Views Available in JCV?No Night Views Available in JCV?No Night Views Available in JCV?No Night Views Available in JCV?No Night Views Available in JCV?

Maybe something to do with using the 'cut down' 480x272 full screen D2867100A.JCV which i think is intended for 13/14xx and is just a smaller version of D2003140A.JCV for 765 maybe.

The correct file for 3xxx is the split-screen D3299080A.JCV 212x234.
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Maybe something to do with using the 'cut down' 480x272 full screen D2867100A.JCV which i think is intended for 13/14xx and is just a smaller version of D2003140A.JCV for 765 maybe.
    The D2003140A.JCV does not contain any night pictures at all: night background there is replaced by an empty picture.
    Only D2867100A.JCV contains night pictures.

The correct file for 3xxx is the split-screen D3299080A.JCV 212x234.
    Yes, I know it, but I want to see the night junction views with my 3490! The D3299080A.JCV does not contain night pictures too.

No Night Views Available in JCV?No Night Views Available in JCV?No Night Views Available in JCV?No Night Views Available in JCV?No Night Views Available in JCV?No Night Views Available in JCV?No Night Views Available in JCV?

Quote Originally Posted by Cnfhbr View Post
    The D2003140A.JCV does not contain any night pictures at all: night background there is replaced by an empty picture.
    Only D2867100A.JCV contains night pictures. ..........
    Ok, now i get it. I've just checked and on updating a 765 with 2014.40 Sensis both files [D2867100A and D2003140A] were loaded by Garmin Express. But on a long highway simulated route with the display set to night, all the views were in day mode. Beats me, sorry.
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

I've just checked and on updating a 765 with 2014.40 Sensis both files [D2867100A and D2003140A] were loaded by Garmin Express. But on a long highway simulated route with the display set to night, all the views were in day mode.
    Thanks for the test.
    Have you tried to set the night time in addition, not only to set the display to night?

I guess you're asking if i reset the 765's time to after-dark for that test. No I didn't but it's very much after last light here now so i've repeated the ~730km simulation at local time 8.10pm. No views other than in daylight. It seems the bug is not confined to 3490. If you'd like me to also test in a 2xx5, 3597 or 1xxx i'd be happy to do so but it seems that the file itself is the problem.

It seems the bug is not confined to 3490. If you'd like me to also test in a 2xx5, 3597 or 1xxx i'd be happy to do so but it seems that the file itself is the problem.
    That would be great!
    Also, you can try it for example with the D3048110A.JCV of City Navigator Europe NTU 2014.10, where most Swedish junction views contain night pictures, see the Screenshot ...

0 ea863 416cc10b XXXL

Note: Unfortunately, the current D3048140A.JCV of City Navigator Europe NTU 2014.40 does not contain these night backgrounds, see Pictures 77111 and 77112 there.

Excuse me for off topic. Maybe place this problem into a separate thread?

NP, agreed this deserves its own thread, but in its own right, not just for being OT.

I also now clearly see the problem in the current D3048140A:

Unfortunately, I no longer have EUU 2014.10, but i've found a working dl for both the map image and D3048110A but they're sooo ... sloooow ..... Gonna take ages, especially the JCV. I'll test in the 3597 along that route to Väderstad.

I'll also check again the AU route this time using the 3597 with D2867100A.JCV. Stand by.

Unfortunately, I no longer have EUU 2014.10, but i've found a working dl for both the map image and D3048110A but they're sooo ... sloooow ...
    Thank you for your attention paid!

Map of Sweden from the European CNE NTU 2014.10 (c/w the D3048110A.JCV):
    Spoiler: Link
    Last edited by Cnfhbr; 16th March 2014 at 05:56 AM.

The Sensis AU D2867100A contains numerous night image duplicates of the day views as you know, but all the units refuse to show any of them in night mode and the time manually set to about midnight. Here's the night view Helensvale exit from the Pacific Highway:

As well as duplicating the previous 730km highway route using a US 3597 and an AU 3590 which like the 765 also didn't show a single night view, i ran a short simulated route south to that Helensvale exit on the 3 units. Here's the view from the 3597, a daylight one same as with both 3590 & 765:

Thanks for the Zippy links for SE EUU 2014.10 map & jcv. I'd already finished re-downloading the full EUU, but was having considerable trouble getting the JCV so i've now got it from your links.

I'll report again when I've done that test. I can use a couple of 2xxx series rather than the 2 3xxx units if you like.