Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Navigation software expert Nuvi 1370 does not detected
    Nuvi 1370 does not detectedNuvi 1370 does not detectedNuvi 1370 does not detected

Use this tool to repair your nuvi: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    If you wish, you can [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

2.    Advertissements

Garmin cure bricked my device.After erasing task on updater device stopped responding....

Garmin/GPS Systems GMod. Nuvi 1370 does not detected
    Nuvi 1370 does not detectedNuvi 1370 does not detectedNuvi 1370 does not detectedNuvi 1370 does not detectedNuvi 1370 does not detectedNuvi 1370 does not detectedNuvi 1370 does not detected

If by 'bricked' you mean that it's stuck on the Garmin 'boot-up' Logo, that's an expected and normal function of cure firmware. The cure fw cannot boot, which is the entire point of it so that the unit is then properly recognised by your PC and internal files can therefore be seen in Windows.

If it can be seen in Windows, follow Loly's advice in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] now.
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

It means that did not finish the update process.After erase appeared the screen updater gave me the error that Unit became unresponsive and did not go any further.Now I have looping garmin logo and device is not recognized by computer at all

Important User Nuvi 1370 does not detected
    Nuvi 1370 does not detectedNuvi 1370 does not detectedNuvi 1370 does not detectedNuvi 1370 does not detectedNuvi 1370 does not detectedNuvi 1370 does not detectedNuvi 1370 does not detected

The important is you can enter preboot.
    Which error Updater gave you?
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

Garmin/GPS Systems GMod. Nuvi 1370 does not detected

It doesn't matter if it's in a boot loop if you can enter preboot. Remake the cure firmware again after checking you are using the correct firmware matching your unit's HWID. There are two different HWIDs in 13xx, the more common 0972 which you have and 1104 [MTK chip].

So, to be empathic, if you can enter preboot the chances are 99% you can use cure fw to fix your unit. Give feedback of full details of what you've done and intending doing along with any error messages or results you get going forward, precisely follow the suggestions given and you should end up with a fully functioning unit finally.

Just don't make us guess at all, no tiny detail is unimportant.
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

Important User Nuvi 1370 does not detected

@ Neil
    I'm summarizing too much lately lol
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

I suppose the HWID is 0972,got it from g7 town:
    Spoiler: pic
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Had 2 different firmwares newer then mine,mine is ver.5.80.

The updater gave me that error:

Just proceed to update ang gave the error right the way after erasing is complete.
    Actually I managed to flash the firmware with the Nuvi13xx_fw3.00_HID_0972_ORG_PouchX but is older then mine 5.80 and the device is reflashing with the gupdate,.gcd that is in the internal memory right the way,after the Pouchx firmware installe

Navigation software Moderator kunix's Avatar

ceco134
    GarminCure3 can't break the firmware flashing functionality in the real pre-boot mode (as in your case) by design. Something else has happened.
    If you can't flash a longer (newer) firmware but you can flash an older (shorter) firmware, then probably the flash chip is dying. You can try comressing fw_all.bin with gfwpack.exe (you can compress both CURE-ed and and ORIGINAL) and making it shorter.
    Or it has something to do with boot.bin version (older boot.bin works but newer doesn't), which is also bad (some hardware is failing). Then you can try using the older boot.bin with the newer firmware.

Also if for some reason you can't flash GarminCure3-ed firmware (well, I've seen some devices that refuse running any firmware except some particular version due to unwriteable flash chip blocks), then flash the working firmware and use QuickCure3 for accessing the mass storage mode.
    Last edited by kunix; 26th December 2013 at 08:40 AM.

GPSPower Helper Nuvi 1370 does not detected
    Nuvi 1370 does not detected

We have to be very careful when Nuvi USB is Dodgy, but Nuvi can still Navigate.
    Best route to explore is Reading, Writing and deleting files via SD Card and even Updating Firmware via SD Card. (If Possible ?)
    Rationale: A working Nuvi without USB is better than a brick.
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
    Albert Einstein.