Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dezl 560LT

Member + Dezl 560LTDezl 560LT mallard2's Avatar

Default Dezl 560LT

Hi,
    Long time ,no post ....but I have just got back to the UK after a 6 week trip around Portugal & Spain ,my 3790 performed very, very well BUT with the motorhome being 28ft long ,I decided to look for a Dezl .

Found a Dezl 560lt on Ebay , excellent condition but no maps etc, anyway ,I have installed the 2014.30 NTU maps & relevant jvc file & all appears well ,inc Photoreal

but the thing that is throwing me is that there isn't any Voice command ....not even the icon !! so just thought I would check to see if the Dezl 560 comes with voice command ??

Any comments would be appreciated

Seasons greetings to all ....

mallard

2.    Advertissements

Important User Dezl 560LT
    Dezl 560LT

Voice-activated navigation (operate device with spoken commands) : No

More infos:
    Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links
    The 760 is YES for voice-activated

Hi,
    But I have a Dezl 560 , is that the same ??

Thanks

Important User Dezl 560LT
    Dezl 560LT

My link is for Dezl 560 LT

Your post:
    ...Found a Dezl 560lt on Ebay....

Navigation software expert Dezl 560LT
    Dezl 560LTDezl 560LTDezl 560LT

Also Dezl 560 is based on Nuvi 2460 hardware and software! No problem with ASR (attention - not ASR2) on both device:

<DataType><Name>ASR</Name><File><Specification><Identifier>ASR</Identifier></Specification><Location><Path>.System/ASR</Path><FileExtension>asr</FileExtension></Location><TransferDirection>InputOutput</TransferDirection></File></DataType>
    <UpdateFile><PartNumber>006-D0807-00</PartNumber><Version><Major>2</Major><Minor>10</Minor></Version><Path>.System/ASR</Path><FileName>English_British.srd</FileName></UpdateFile>
    Garmin, how much is 30 pieces of silver for Judas today? Were they worthy for crucifix of GPSPower?

Thanks for that ,
    I did copy the ASR file from my 3790 .....would that be OK or do I need a specific ASR file for the Dezl
    Thanks

It are compatible files from 3790.
    You must have files below (free from WebUpdater or DashBoard):
    0:/.System/ASR/English_British.srd,
    0:/.System/ASR/English_American.srd,
    0:/.System/ASR/Francais_European.srd,
    0:/.System/ASR/Italiano_.srd,
    0:/.System/ASR/Deutsch_.srd,2f33c1b0
    0:/.System/ASR/Espanol_European.srd,
    0:/.System/ASR/Nederlands_.srd,
    0:/.System/ASR/Svenska_.srd,
    0:/.System/ASR/Dansk_.srd,
    0:/.System/ASR/Pycckuu_.srd,
    0:/.System/ASR/English_Australian.srd
    and 8 ASR and 1 SRX files from yours 3790 (it must be according to 2014.30 NTU img and other files also).

Also you can check in text editor the content of 0:/.System/Diag/html/supported_features.html file where you could find:

< h t m l > < b r > < b > S u p p o r t e d F e a t u r e s < / b > < b r > < b r > P a r t N u m b e r : 0 0 6 - D 2 6 1 6 - 0 5 < b r > R e v : 0 B < b r > < b r > T T S P h o n e t i c s < b r > J u n c t i o n V i e w < b r > L a n e A s s i s t < b r > S p e e d L i m i t s < b r > T r a f f i c E U L A < b r > A S R < b r > H i s t o r i c T r a f f i c < b r > C u s t o m A v o i d a n c e s < b r > A d v a n c e d D e t o u r s < b r > P r e m i u m P o i n t A d d r e s s i n g < b r > 2 D F o o t p r i n t s < b r > C u s t o m M a i n M e n u < b r > B l u e t o o t h < b r > < / h t m l >
    Garmin, how much is 30 pieces of silver for Judas today? Were they worthy for crucifix of GPSPower?

Garmin/GPS Systems GMod. Dezl 560LT
    Dezl 560LTDezl 560LTDezl 560LTDezl 560LTDezl 560LTDezl 560LTDezl 560LT

G'day mallard2,

Unfortunately, there's no support in dezl 560 software for ASR, but BT works so maybe if you convert it to a nuvi 2460 then ASR will work. Check the specs from Garmin.
    Info:
    Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links
    If you really want to use ASR and don't mind missing the dezl features such as Truck/Motor Home/Caravan profiles and Exit Services, try the reverse of this conversion here: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. Do it at least initially keeping the 560 boot.bin is my suggestion. AFAIK, the hardware is identical. Therefore like with converting 3760 to 3490 ASR should work.
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

Hi Neil,
    Thanks for the info .................

I don't want to lose the motorhome profiles on the Dezl 560 ,but I am a wee bit confused now ..............
    I've read several descriptions re the 560 & they say it has voice command ,however when looking deeper into the specs ,
    they say "Voice Command" = NO , so you are correct !!

Guess I'll have to look for a 760 if I want voice command after all , but for now I'll be using the 560 .
    Thanks to all for their effort in trying to resolve this .

Regards

I send him new 140.bin where i enable ASR and TTS ( this was disabled by default ) but he tell that no icone for ASR.
    Maybe hard reset or clear nonvol will help but i doubt it.
    If you wish, you can [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]