Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Member +

20min and its still 4-5 satellite. Should i leave it there till 1 hour?
    So what minimum satellite is recomended?

2.    Advertissements

Garmin/GPS Systems GMod. How to update maps on a street pilot 2720
    How to update maps on a street pilot 2720How to update maps on a street pilot 2720How to update maps on a street pilot 2720How to update maps on a street pilot 2720How to update maps on a street pilot 2720How to update maps on a street pilot 2720How to update maps on a street pilot 2720

4 is minimum to get a 3D fix with reasonably accurate elevation. 3 will get a 2D fix but the triangulation is potentially very inaccurate [large 'triangle of error' where you could be out by kilometers possibly].

You need to leave it for half an hour initially like i said.
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

Master

Move somewhere else where on the Satellite page the GPS "sees" more satellites. If the GPS sees only 4-5 most probably the place you are on does not have very good vision of satellites or worst the GPS have a problem. But better change you place and if you wish perform a hard reset before that.

Member +

Ok will try it, mine have surrounded by trees

anyway, is those car adapter with speaker is really waterproof ?
    i have read manual, and its only say remote control not waterproof

Master

Sorry, I don't know. But I know from local offroaders that they put silicone on the cradle of zumo 550 not to get water inside and the cradle to burn.

Member +

Just try at another place with clear sky, got signal for all satellite
    Thank you neil & ddabcd277

p.s
    my homework now is find out which connector pinout for power supply
    i will cut those cable and made a socket for it

Positive and Ground Connection
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

it seems no regulator circuit near speaker enclosure
    Now its time to cut it, still looking for good connector from battety to GPS though
    Last edited by mbajing_deh; 21st December 2013 at 06:09 PM. Reason: Update

Navigation software expert How to update maps on a street pilot 2720
    How to update maps on a street pilot 2720How to update maps on a street pilot 2720How to update maps on a street pilot 2720

Quote Originally Posted by mbajing_deh View Post
    anyway, is those car adapter with speaker is really waterproof ?
    It is not really waterproof but you do not care about it. I forgot it in car before a ford forcing a many time. Just dried and cleaned from swamp slime and no problem. One moment what no voltage supply to it in this cases because all auto electrical circuits below roof certainly was disconnected.
    P.S. Car adapter is not sealed and you can see yourself that is inside.
    Garmin, how much is 30 pieces of silver for Judas today? Were they worthy for crucifix of GPSPower?

Member +

Quote Originally Posted by Giomen View Post
    It is not really waterproof but you do not care about it. I forgot it in car before a ford forcing a many time. Just dried and cleaned from swamp slime and no problem. One moment what no voltage supply to it in this cases because all auto electrical circuits below roof certainly was disconnected.
    P.S. Car adapter is not sealed and you can see yourself that is inside.
    Thanks for your information, my little concern if inside those speaker enclosure have a electronic pcb or something like that
    i will open it when i already have small screw driver

=========================================================================

Finally, i'm cutting DC adapter and grab some "hid ballast" socket because its waterproof
    so i can interchange between AC power / Battery power
    I had tested, red cable still Positive and Black is Ground
    Dont forget to put a fuse, i take lazy ways (solder them directly)

after a little finishing with heatshrink
    Last edited by mbajing_deh; 22nd December 2013 at 03:47 PM.

Member +

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Yes. 750MB was available over and above the already loaded NA mapping. So, as the OEM detail map is more in size than the ID map you intend to load then you should have even more free space after you replace it. US/CA V7 was OEM and would have been far more than 200MB, probably closer to 700MB back then, so I'm guessing maybe the flash drive is 1.5GB in the 2720.
    Hallo Neil
    How to see avaiable space ? i have searching on SP2720 menus and did not find it

===========================================================================

Add information
    I had an test on this 2720, this device actually only drawn less than 0.2A (fluctuated) at 13.8VDC with 3 satellite locked (i'm inside home) so my guess that 1A is really peak value.
    And this device still running fine to voltage 7,5VDC.
    below than that value its start to striped screen

Garmin/GPS Systems GMod. How to update maps on a street pilot 2720
    How to update maps on a street pilot 2720How to update maps on a street pilot 2720How to update maps on a street pilot 2720How to update maps on a street pilot 2720How to update maps on a street pilot 2720How to update maps on a street pilot 2720How to update maps on a street pilot 2720

That's the sad news Mate. You can't see it using Windows tools, not as far as i know anyway. Not visible in My Computer/Windows Explorer/Disk Management. No drive letter allocated. These things are not at all like modern nuvis which are true mass storage devices [the recent ones can also be used in Media Transfer Protocol of course] and they also have a true 'preboot mode' for flashing. The 2720 has only one mode for transferring data [e.g. maps] and for flashing, no difference.

All I can tell you is to connect it with BaseCamp/MapInstall as if you intend to transfer a map image and check the free space that way:

6zmz

The guys who used these things a lot in the 'old days' may have some other tricks though, but i really don't know much more about them than what you do now.
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].