Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Nuvi 1490 help

GPSPower Helper Nuvi 1490 help
    Nuvi 1490 help

Well I'm glad you've seen it. This is exactly what I get in both 1xxx and 3490.
    The only difference is that I stopped it because I knew the Memory card was too small to store all of the files.
    Maybe the command needs extra switches or whatever to work properly.
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
    Albert Einstein.

2.    Advertissements

Yes it was 1.13GB. The screen shown in the earlier post was the same as mine. I got all of my mileage logs. I would like to thank you for all the help it was a very interesting challenge. It took awhile to load to the sd

Garmin/GPS Systems GMod. Nuvi 1490 help
    Nuvi 1490 helpNuvi 1490 helpNuvi 1490 helpNuvi 1490 helpNuvi 1490 helpNuvi 1490 helpNuvi 1490 help

@amos1
    I know you've said you're not too worried about saving the unit, but it may help someone else in the future if you would try some little things first.

If you'd like to upload your 2496KB 41_backup.bin to [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] we could look at what it contains, and maybe even save your 1490. I for one would be grateful and I know Loly shares my interest as would dasil and maybe kunix too and others. Please don't post the link here though, just send it to me by Private Message [left-click my username above and select Private Message]. Maybe even try one more time using the updater.exe method to see if you can get the complete 41 backup of 4096KB first if you don't mind. If you do get that we can definitely save your unit i reckon .....

@Dasil
    I can now explain what's happening with 'copydir', but I don't understand it. When you are copying a folder with 3 letters such as GPX, the first 3 are clipped from the other folder names. Then with copying 'Help' for instance, the first 4 are clipped and so on. If the target folder name contains more or the same number of characters/letters than others, the latter folder names are completely omitted as such in the copy, but their contents are copied as individual folders or files. The longest named folder 'Keyboards' not surprisingly results in a huge tangled dump of bits and pieces [your 'bit of a mess' reported in post #55?]. Directory names are omitted, sub-folder names are clipped, as are some individual file names too. Below is my update.log on a 1350 with various commands. All show an error even though the intended target folder or it's contents were saved successfully and i guess that's because parts of the of the rest of some unintended stuff wasn't.
    nüvi 13xx Series Software Version 6.20, UID: , HWID:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Parsing "copydir,0:/GPX,1:/GPX"
    Error
    Parsing "reboot"

Parsing "copydir,0:/Help,1:/Help"
    Error
    Parsing "reboot"

Parsing "copydir,0:/Help,1:/"
    Error
    Parsing "reboot"

Parsing "copydir,0:/Keyboards,1:/"
    Error
    Parsing "reboot"

I'm sure someone more intelligent than us simple colonial clods will have a simple explanation.

PS: It's the name of the source folder that's the trigger, not the name of the save because when the copy is to the root of the card it still happens the same.
    Last edited by Neil; 18th December 2013 at 09:40 PM. Reason: Add PS.
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

Navigation software expert Nuvi 1490 help
    Nuvi 1490 helpNuvi 1490 helpNuvi 1490 help

On old nuvi you can create full backup over SD if you scan region 48 and on new nuvi if you scan region 83.
    So if your nuvi have 8Gb internal memory, you need 8Gb or 16Gb SD card to save region on SD.
    On old nuvi like 1xxx you need 8Gb SD and you can scan region 48 to SD and then explore bin file.
    If you wish, you can [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Nuvi 1490 helpNuvi 1490 helpNuvi 1490 helpNuvi 1490 helpNuvi 1490 helpNuvi 1490 helpNuvi 1490 help

Thanks for that Loly. I was aware of region 48 for older models, but hadn't tried with newer nuvi.

Mate, do you have any ideas on the 'copydir' problem perplexing Dasil and me?
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Mate, do you have any ideas on the 'copydir' problem perplexing Dasil and me?
    Not sure but try with slash on the end:

Parsing "copydir,0:/Garmin/,1:/BackUp/"
    Success
    Garmin, how much is 30 pieces of silver for Judas today? Were they worthy for crucifix of GPSPower?

I have the same problem like you and try to find solution but no luck, this is reason why i mention reg 48 becouse this work with no problem
    If i found solution i let you know, will try this weekend.
    If you wish, you can [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Quote Originally Posted by Giomen View Post
    Not sure but try with slash on the end:
    Yep! You can be sure now. That works. Tried GPX folder again in that pattern and success with only Current.gpx in the Backup folder and that's all. Thanks Giomen. That must have been the command I used previously on the 1490 with the busted USB socket.

update.log text:
    Spoiler: CLICK
    Parsing "copydir,0:/GPX/,1:/BackUp/"
    Success
    Parsing "reboot"

Quote Originally Posted by lolypop000 View Post
    I have the same problem like you and try to find solution but no luck, this is reason why i mention reg 48 becouse this work with no problem
    If i found solution i let you know, will try this weekend.
    Loly, this works to copy the entire internal file system:
    copydir,0:/,1:/Backup/

Got the entire nuvi 1350 content in there, 833MB.

update.log text:
    Parsing "copydir,0:/,1:/Backup/"
    Success
    Parsing "reboot"

Neil

I will try what you suggested and send the file to you, if it can help someone else that would be great.. I won't be able tonight but tomorrow..

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Yep! You can be sure now. That works. Tried GPX folder again in that pattern and success with only Current.gpx in the Backup folder and that's all. Thanks Giomen.
    I am no match for Catymag so I am not enchanter and only try to learn a magic. I thought it work only for me and my handy PCs. Tell you a secret - I brutally beat its sometimes
    Garmin, how much is 30 pieces of silver for Judas today? Were they worthy for crucifix of GPSPower?