Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

help GO520 Screen Issue

Hi all, I have come across an issue that I have never seen before and I'm hoping that someone out there may have an idea of how to correct it.

TomTom GO520
    M2xxxxAxxxxx

Everything works fine, except the screen image is displayed off centre to the right -

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I have hard reset the device, cleared flash, tried different navcores, bootloaders and tried a new screen. Is there a fix like the digitizer calibration fix?

Thanks in advance for any help given.

2.    Advertissements

TomTom Expert GO520 Screen Issue
    GO520 Screen Issue

Have a read through here [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] but be aware this really is a bit of hit & miss science so good luck

...or google "tomtom calibration screen"
    Last edited by biggerdave; 18th December 2013 at 10:23 AM.
    Please do not post "thanks" but use the "reputation" star(*) bottom/left or "like" bottom/left buttons
    S i m p l e s

PS If you find any dead links on MY posts please pm me & I'll try to fix/reload

Hi Dave, Thanks for the quick response buddy,
    I have just fiddled about with that for the last hour, but it only seems to change the Digitizer calibration only.
    Where the screen is over to the right, strangely or not the digitizer is perfectly calibrated, for instance if I click the far left/top corner
    which is black area on the screen where the zoom key should be, it zooms as expected.
    I get about 10 or so TT a month broken and have never seen this fault, I can add internal memory, change broken usb sockets E.T.C.
    But changing the VGA or even the screen connector is just a bit too much for me!
    Me thinks maybe file this TT in the BIN!
    Thanks for your reply mate, it is very much appreciated.

TomTom Expert GO520 Screen Issue
    GO520 Screen Issue

....plan b) [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] before plan c...bin the bugger?
    Please do not post "thanks" but use the "reputation" star(*) bottom/left or "like" bottom/left buttons
    S i m p l e s

PS If you find any dead links on MY posts please pm me & I'll try to fix/reload

If the screen is not centered anymore:
    Do a Hard Reset followed byClear flash 3 times,
    delete all files from the device (make a backup!),
    do a clean install of Navcore and map, use the original N_avcore for the device and patch it if necessary.

If that does not help you might have to replace the screen or have a faulty hardware.
    Password for all my files: downunder