Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Navigation software expert Converting JNX to raster IMG
    Converting JNX to raster IMGConverting JNX to raster IMGConverting JNX to raster IMG

Quote Originally Posted by Abedul View Post
    I tried to open the resulting img map with MapEdit but it was no image at all, no seeing anything only a polygone... (??), I supposed a raster map would be shown...
    MapEdit is not for modern maps...
    Garmin, how much is 30 pieces of silver for Judas today? Were they worthy for crucifix of GPSPower?

2.    Advertissements

Member +

AlexWhiter
    I think option 2 and default, that is No NT and GMP container does not work , I always get as option 3, i.e. NT and GMP

Kind regards

AlexWhiter

Abedul

The main difference between non-NT in GMP and NT maps I'm aware of is RGN5 block is only present in NT-format maps.
    RGN5 consists of a number of Huffman tables used to compress polygons' and polylines' coordinates. The structure of these tables as well as the decoding algorithm
    are yet to be explored.

To check if jnx2img really produced a NT-map, you can open LOG file in TEMP folder of the converter, and search for 'huffman' word.
    If you see something like this:
    Bytes used by rgn huffman area geometry: 277
    then the IMG is an NT map.
    And if the number of bytes is zero, then non-NT map was made.

Member +

Alex Whiter, many thanks for your answers.
    A new question
    May I add a DEM file to the img derived from JNX to see heights on BaseCamp ?

Kind regards

AlexWhiter

Abedul,

I haven't tried this.
    Could you please try to add a DEM subfile into the IMG container and check how it works?

Converting JNX to raster IMG

May I add a DEM file to the img derived from JNX to see heights on BaseCamp ?
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Hi All,

please, could someone post a quick tutorial how to make .img map with 3 levels (800m, 300m and 200m) from .jnx file that has only one level?

Converting JNX to raster IMGConverting JNX to raster IMGConverting JNX to raster IMG

The simplest way is creation individual IMG for each level and then combine it with same FID using MapSource or Gmaptool...
    Garmin, how much is 30 pieces of silver for Judas today? Were they worthy for crucifix of GPSPower?

Member +

I have tested but I did not get it works.
    I produced a DEM file with MPC from a shp and bil files (obtained with GlobalMapper from srtm file) and then I made a Join with GmapTool although apparently the Join does work because I could chek resulting img has a DEM subfile, but when I did the Mapsource Project final img did not have DEM subfile (??).
    I will try again with other map and more levels. It will follow.

Kind regards

but when I did the Mapsource Project final img did not have DEM subfile (??).
    If you mean Mapsource it is no support for DEM subfile because only single img files is supported! As I say I do separated single img files and when choose required for interesting area at the moment. It concerns only my old vector img files and new Alex greatest creations that I combine into mapset with my favourite FID. If I have any other MPC with another prescripted FID I choose this files from another FID mapset in Mapsource when upload to device. For example: my old vector plus new Alex raster plus DEM from another russian creator Liesha works with sharm on GPSMAP 620.