Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Garmin/GPS Systems GMod. Nuvi 1310 Works fine until connected to PC
    Nuvi 1310 Works fine until connected to PCNuvi 1310 Works fine until connected to PCNuvi 1310 Works fine until connected to PCNuvi 1310 Works fine until connected to PCNuvi 1310 Works fine until connected to PCNuvi 1310 Works fine until connected to PCNuvi 1310 Works fine until connected to PC

Quote Originally Posted by dasilvarsa View Post
    Open Nuvi and check soldering and condition of usb female plug on main pcb.
    There is a known problem with 14x0 with dodgy usb socket connections to the mo and i've seen many instances in 1450 & 1490, but not in 13x0. Not to say it can't happen of course so it's quite possible.
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

2.    Advertissements

Navigation software expert Nuvi 1310 Works fine until connected to PC
    Nuvi 1310 Works fine until connected to PCNuvi 1310 Works fine until connected to PCNuvi 1310 Works fine until connected to PC

Log didn't create becouse he change name of map from 971 to 972 but ldr.bin is still from nuvi serie 12xx ( 971 )
    From inventory page i see that you don't have JCV, lane assist and speed limit enabled, becouse you have beside splash D1340-10

If you can, try connect nuvi on Pc with win7 or xp.

Before you format or do something else, you must have stable connection with Pc or you will have not working nuvi.

p.s.
    Turn nuvi on ( don't connect to Pc) and go to map view and click on speed and here press for 10 sec speedometer.
    Now search for non vol and clear it and you will see if nuvi will now work, but i doubt that clear non vol will help for your problem.
    Last edited by lolypop000; 10th November 2013 at 12:12 PM.
    If you wish, you can [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I want to thank everyone who posted here, i have good news and bad news

Bad news is the GPS did not erase the 41 region, then cleaned the whole USB on my pc with alcohol and tried 3 other working cables and still no luck, then cleared nonvol memory and no luck, i kept trying to connect it and then something really strange happened, like for the 20 time i was doing it, it connect for 15 seconds and say "The unit in G: has no format, would you like to format?" and GPS went to boot loop.

This morning i was thinking in buying a new one as i have a map subsription for a year until december, and GPS was useless at that time, but on my way home i went and buy 2 new USB cables, one didn't work and the second DID, it shows the GPS without rebooting but "G: has no format" and i don't have a backup

Kunix the Crash Log say "Abnormal shutdown" several times. So yeah the problem was 4 faulty USB cables (that worked well in a phone and camera i have).

Thanks everyone for helping me! I now have a different problem i think is somewhere in this forum, as Garmin Express shows no serial, and that i lost everything in the GPS (i might use a recovery software as i think the GPS was not formatted but the partition table was erased)

Edit

New cable failed again, then i found the problem
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

As you can see, the last pin is not there (it was bended)
    Last edited by tik0; 10th November 2013 at 10:29 PM. Reason: Added the picture

Nuvi 1310 Works fine until connected to PCNuvi 1310 Works fine until connected to PCNuvi 1310 Works fine until connected to PC

Format your nuvi with prepusb and then create on nuvi new folder and add name Garmin turn off/on nuvi and you will have garmindevice.xml inside.
    Now run GE or webupdater and update your nuvi.

Nuvi 1310 Works fine until connected to PCNuvi 1310 Works fine until connected to PCNuvi 1310 Works fine until connected to PCNuvi 1310 Works fine until connected to PCNuvi 1310 Works fine until connected to PCNuvi 1310 Works fine until connected to PCNuvi 1310 Works fine until connected to PC

But Loly, if it's only being recognised for a matter of seconds he'll not be able to format it surely?

Quote Originally Posted by tik0;941044............
    New cable failed again, then i found the problem
    [ATTACH=CONFIG
    108990[/ATTACH]

As you can see, the last pin is not there (it was bended)
    Do you mean that the supporting material [as outlined in red below] around the pin has broken away and the pin has been bent over flat, or it's pushed over against the material. I can't tell from your photo. Either way you might be able to straighten it so that the plug mates correctly.

wkbv
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

Important User Nuvi 1310 Works fine until connected to PC

My 1200 has the same, may be worst, I found an USB cable from a video camera Sony that works even if the pin is bent.
    (pc sees it only if I use that cable)
    See mine:
    jhqO4an
    I suggest to try all the cables you have home
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

Let me update this post, first thanks to everyone who helped me.
    Second, i have a guy who changed the port by taking an old one from another nuvi, this was the old port

After that, i expected unit to work again, but no, it didn't. So we found another broken Nuvi and took that usb port and replaced the broken port with the second port, and again nothing. Then we changed the port of a perfectly fine nuvi with one of the usb ports that we tested on the device and it worked flawlessly, so the port was not the problem.

After a long talk about might changing the unit board, we found the device itself worked very good and it could operate if the map was loaded from an SD card as the internal storage is working perfect, but there is no way to put the voices on the nuvi as the PC cannot detect it. Is it possible to load the voices from the SD card? Or should i just burn it with fire so it cannot reproduce again? I'm just kidding but it has been a big head ache this GPS

Thanks to everyone and for reading this.

GPSPower Helper Nuvi 1310 Works fine until connected to PC
    Nuvi 1310 Works fine until connected to PC

You cannot run voices from SD only Internal drive.
    You can copy files from SD to Internal Drive by using info from this thread.

Please read the whole thread before trying, also make sure that you have the same revision Gupdate.gcd that is loaded on your device.
    LDR.bin is just your boot.bin extracted from gupdate.gcd with RGNTool
    The commands in update.txt will be something like this

copy,1:/English_Australian_Karen.vpm,0:/Voice/English_Australian_Karen.vpm
    reboot

Where 1: is your SD Card root directory and 0:/Voice/ is the path to your internal drive voice directory
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
    Albert Einstein.

You can also upload new maps to the unit memory the same way, and provided you know the current name that an outdated map is stored as you can overwrite it with a new map.

You can delete map but you can't copy it to unit, becouse is to large, i try a long time ago and always return error.

@tik0
    Use cure tool to repair your nuvi and then Pc will see your device