Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Mapperoni

Oregon 6x0 (WebUpdater) software version 3.20
    as of September 27, 2013

Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links
    Changes made from version 3.10 to 3.20:

• Improved GPS performance
    • Improved battery save mode: The first press of the user key or the power key to turn the screen on will no longer execute that key's customized function
    • Improved pairing behavior with cadence sensors
    • Fixed Latvian keyboard
    • Fixed issue with geocache ratings when using the 'Next Stage' feature for multicaches
    • Fixed display of certain map names when viewing the list of maps loaded on the device
    • Fixed inconsistent exponent formats in the Calculator application
    • Fixed possible shutdown when viewing the Elevation Plot in landscape orientation
    • Fixed possible shutdown when selecting a route in the Route Planner application
    • Fixed possible shutdown when exiting the Photo Viewer application
    • Fixed possible shutdown when using the Geocaching dashboard in the Compass application
    • Fixed possible shutdown when using certain dashboards on the Main Menu
    • Fixed possible shutdown when sorting tracks alphabetically in the Track Manager application
    • Fixed possible shutdown when selecting a track from the Calendar application
    • Fixed possible issue with overwriting waypoints received by the Share Wirelessly application

2.    Advertissements

Mapperoni

There are some major bugs in v3.20 :-(

Code:
    v3.20 is withdrawn by Garmin.
    Last edited by Mapperoni; 27th September 2013 at 09:10 PM. Reason: FW is withdrawn

Important User Garmin Oregon 6x0 Software Versions Summary
    Garmin Oregon 6x0 Software Versions SummaryGarmin Oregon 6x0 Software Versions SummaryGarmin Oregon 6x0 Software Versions SummaryGarmin Oregon 6x0 Software Versions SummaryGarmin Oregon 6x0 Software Versions SummaryGarmin Oregon 6x0 Software Versions SummaryGarmin Oregon 6x0 Software Versions Summary

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperoni View Post
    There are some major bugs in v3.20 :-(

Code:
    v3.20 is withdrawn by Garmin.
    I'm not home lol , I even wasn't on time to flash it. Ok, bugs panning the map , but the compass ?
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

Mapperoni

Caty, an hour ago fgrs posted this at
    Code:
    Ok, so after a day geocaching with 3.20, I can only be satisfied. I had a very good accuracy and no freezes or shutdowns (didn't trigger the knwon shutdown offcourse). The accuracy was always around 3 to 4 meters. I was once under tree cover, but there was no problem compared to my OR450, the accuracy went to about 5 or 6 meters.
    The compass was the whole day stable an was always pointing me in the right direction.
    So for me, the unit has improved so much that I now even like it more then my OR450.
    So happy fellow here for the moment, 3.20 stays on my unit.
    Sounds very promising to me, so maybe we have a good v3.30 early this week.....

Garmin Oregon 6x0 Software Versions SummaryGarmin Oregon 6x0 Software Versions SummaryGarmin Oregon 6x0 Software Versions SummaryGarmin Oregon 6x0 Software Versions SummaryGarmin Oregon 6x0 Software Versions SummaryGarmin Oregon 6x0 Software Versions SummaryGarmin Oregon 6x0 Software Versions Summary

Wow, finally I cant believe it!
    l9ebnsm

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

Quote Originally Posted by catymag View Post
    I'm not home lol , I even wasn't on time to flash it.
    You can still [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] from the Firmware page at the wiki if you want to try it!

Quote Originally Posted by babj615 View Post
    You can still [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] from the Firmware page at the wiki if you want to try it!
    I downloaded it, but I was waiting to get some news from you before flashing it Thanks , Oregon 6xx users can count on a very good wiki
    l9ebnsm

Quote Originally Posted by catymag View Post
    I downloaded it, but I was waiting to get some news from you before flashing it Thanks , Oregon 6xx users can count on a very good wiki
    Very well!

I am running it on one of my Oregon 650t, and find the GPS accuracy appears to be much improved.

As most already know, Garmin removed the firmware from their servers after many bugs were quickly detected by users like yourself.

If you are unsure about 3.20, you can see the current bug list here: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

And a good discussion about v3.20 can be found here: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Enjoy!

Navigation software expert Garmin Oregon 6x0 Software Versions Summary
    Garmin Oregon 6x0 Software Versions SummaryGarmin Oregon 6x0 Software Versions SummaryGarmin Oregon 6x0 Software Versions Summary

Oregon 6x0 (WebUpdater) software version 3.30
    as of September 30, 2013
    (17.12 MB)

Changes made from version 3.10 to 3.30:

Code:
    Code:

Improved GPS performance
    Improved battery save mode: The first press of the user key or the power key to turn the screen on will no longer execute that key's customized function
    Improved pairing behavior with cadence sensors
    Fixed Latvian keyboard
    Fixed issue with geocache ratings when using the 'Next Stage' feature for multicaches
    Fixed display of certain map names when viewing the list of maps loaded on the device
    Fixed inconsistent exponent formats in the Calculator application
    Fixed possible shutdown when viewing the Elevation Plot in landscape orientation
    Fixed possible shutdown when selecting a route in the Route Planner application
    Fixed possible shutdown when exiting the Photo Viewer application
    Fixed possible shutdown when using the Geocaching dashboard in the Compass application
    Fixed possible shutdown when using certain dashboards on the Main Menu
    Fixed possible shutdown when sorting tracks alphabetically in the Track Manager application
    Fixed possible shutdown when selecting a track from the Calendar application
    Fixed possible issue with overwriting waypoints received by the Share Wirelessly application
    If you wish, you can [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I cant enter diagnostic page anymore from Sat page, it shuts down. (all profiles) but I read I'm not alone.
    l9ebnsm