Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Issue on Galaxy S4

Hello all,

I have 2 GPS applications on my phone Sygic and IGO Primo.

The issue is that whenever I restart my phone and I first run IGO it doenst find my location it just searches for GPS. But when I run Sygic (Sygic finds my location immediately) and then run IGO then IGO finds my position. I hope you understand what I mean.

Any suggestion will be appreciated.
    Last edited by Black Wolf; 17th October 2013 at 09:54 PM.

2.    Advertissements

1st install and run GPS Status & Toolbox, then run iGO.
    ----------------
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Quote Originally Posted by XisiX View Post
    1st install and run GPS Status & Toolbox, then run iGO.
    ----------------
    Thanks for this but is there a permanent solution?

How do you expect some solution, if you didn't post at least some basic infos, like Primo version, which rom your device use, official or some custom, etc.!?

Dont expect help, if you don't post detailed info, when you go to doctor to help you, probably you explain him all details about your problem, same is for your problem with gps fix!
    ﻻاله اﻻ الله محمد رسول الله

Quote Originally Posted by Black Wolf View Post
    How do you expect some solution, if you didn't post at least some basic infos, like Primo version, which rom your device use, official or some custom, etc.!?

Dont expect help, if you don't post detailed info, when you go to doctor to help you, probably you explain him all details about your problem, same is for your problem with gps fix!
    You have a point and you are correct.

I am using official rom and kernel. Latest on my device MH6 4.2.2. I am rooted using CF-auto-ROOT.

It happens on all IGO Primo (now using latest Barasoft iGO Primo (2.4) 9.6.29.33189) I have used so far. No problem with Sygic or Navigator.

Didn't have problem with fixing gps signal on newer SGS like S2, S3, S4, all of them fix gps signal fast, specially S3 and S4, which has now more better gps recievers. When you try to get gps signal, try to be at place where not some buildings front of you, or some other objects, which can block gps signal. In meantime, delete save folder, add these command lines in sys.txt

[gps.igo_connector]
    position_validity=-1
    restart_listening_interval=0
    listen_for_gps_while_log_is_playing=1

[modules]
    IGPS_DRIVER="ANDROID_NGPS_DRIVER"

then start Primo and see will it fix GPS signal faster, didn't test latest version, but with 11 september works ok, with 27 sept would be same...

At all like i told with all newer android phones - SG, HTC, Sony, etc. no problems with fixing gps signal, cause most of them have very good gps recievers, with S4 on my testing wasn't problem with fixing gps signal.

Didn't have problem with fixing gps signal on newer SGS like S2, S3, S4, all of them fix gps signal fast, specially S3 and S4, which has now more better gps recievers. When you try to get gps signal, try to be at place where not some buildings front of you, or some other objects, which can block gps signal. In meantime, delete save folder, add these command lines in sys.txt

***Hidden content cannot be quoted.***

then start Primo and see will it fix GPS signal faster, didn't test latest version, but with 11 september works ok, with 27 sept would be same...

At all like i told with all newer android phones - SG, HTC, Sony, etc. no problems with fixing gps signal, cause most of them have very good gps recievers, with S4 on my testing wasn't problem with fixing gps signal.
    Thanks a lot I will test and let you know.

Hello again guys! sorry for the delayed answer..I have tested it and I think its somehow better now.. I am getting GPS signal fast but not fast enough like Sygic....When i open Sygic I wait 5-10 secs and I get a signal (in an open area) with IGO it takes 30+ secs and when it gets the signal I may lose it and then it comes back...

Thanks

Didn't experience that on S4 with Primo 11.sept , fixing gps signal in 5-10 seconds with Primo and 11 sept., so unistall that release, which at all i don't like too much, cause think not modified good,

with this version works great, even without adittional command lines in sys.txt

Didn't experience that on S4 with Primo 11.sept , fixing gps signal in 5-10 seconds with Primo and 11 sept., so unistall that release, which at all i don't like too much, cause think not modified good,

with this version works great, even without adittional command lines in sys.txt
    Thanks! Which one should I download for GS4? the one posted by ozut (data.zip) ?