Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by kunix View Post
    Another way to open pseudo-NT IMG files: convert them to non-NT IMG files as suggested [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] (I'm sure I'm not the first who discovered this, but I haven't seen this trick before, so I put no references).
    The following utility will help you with GMP subfile conversion:
    Can someone check if real-NT and pseudo-NT maps opened using both ways (MapEdit patch and process-gmp conversion) give exactly the same info?

Very Good!!
    Happy that you keep working.

I've been very busy, so i didn't do anything else regarding this.
    Also my computer its dead (the CPU in fact), and i'm using a borrowed one, so all my files, installed programs are not easily accessible to "play" in my spare time.

Very handy your program, i'll be testing it as soon as i can, it will help to automate things. I also downloaded the source code to take a look at it and see (in the future) if it is possible to change the program to do "offsets correction" to make files smaller, this will help if someone want to use a converted map in his/her GPS.
    But just for modding maps, your program is perfect, as the the converted maps are only used temporary, and once they are decompiled using gpsmapedit or GPSmap0085 (to get House number info) you can delete them.

If i discover or make something else, rest assure that i'll be posting it here.

My original idea was this:
    1-convert pseudo-nt maps to non-nt (DONE)
    2-use this "now non-nt map" in GPSmap0085 and get map with House number info (you can't get this in gpsmapedit or any other program). (DONE)
    3-with complete map source now, be able to recompile the map to other map navigation softwares, (like Navitel, OSMAND etc etc etc...) (IN PROGRESS)

The problem i was facing (before i get busy with other things and stop working) is that GPSmap0085 is not retrieving routing info as the version i have is the free one (IF ANYONE HAS THE HACKED OR A KEY OR SOMETHING PLEASE POST IT HERE IN THE FORUM).(or a way to hack it)
    So i decompile the map in gpsmapedit, and i get the complete map with all the data except house number, and "extract" the house number info from GPSmap0085 and combined it with the gpsmapedit extracted map.
    It kinda works, but with some glitches. I've been using "regular expressions" to "collect" the house number data from the GPSmap0085 map and put it in the gpsmapedit map. It works, except some blocks don't get the number (they are only a few, most of it get the number), is difficult to explain but it has to do with the archaic way i did my "program" (using powergrep) and that GPSmap0085 and gpsmapedit "objects in the map" are arranged different.
    To be honest, the "combined" map is preety good (althought not perfect (some few blocks missing house numbers)), but the method is very tedious and very impractical to do in "many maps".
    Recently i've been programming in R, for my work, so perhaps what i learn will help me with this, will see.

What's interesting, converted IMG files can be normally opened by Garmin devices.
    This i interesting indeed, so if understand correctly, old garmin gps units not capable of reading nt maps, are now capable using the converted maps?
    Funny thing of all, i don't own a garmin gps unit. So i can't test.
    My maps obsession begin when i get a cheap china android tablet that has GPS, and couldn't get my best country maps working in android.JOJO

Again, thanks
    Last edited by testlelelala; 29th September 2013 at 09:48 AM.

2.    Advertissements

Navigation software Moderator kunix's Avatar

@testlelelala
    Also don't forget about rebelneo's loader It makes the latest mapedit version read pseudo-NT without conversion.
    Quote Originally Posted by testlelelala View Post

Recently i've been programming in R, for my work, so perhaps what i learn will help me with this, will see.
    What are you doing at your work? I'm just curious...

This i interesting indeed, so if understand correctly, old garmin gps units not capable of reading nt maps, are now capable using the converted maps?
    That's an interesting question... I don't know, to be honest, I couldn't test it, as I don't have an NT-unaware device.

Garmin/GPS Systems GMod. Convert garmin .img pseudo-NT to non-NT? I know it's possible, but how?(SOLVED!!!)
    Convert garmin .img pseudo-NT to non-NT? I know it's possible, but how?(SOLVED!!!)Convert garmin .img pseudo-NT to non-NT? I know it's possible, but how?(SOLVED!!!)Convert garmin .img pseudo-NT to non-NT? I know it's possible, but how?(SOLVED!!!)Convert garmin .img pseudo-NT to non-NT? I know it's possible, but how?(SOLVED!!!)Convert garmin .img pseudo-NT to non-NT? I know it's possible, but how?(SOLVED!!!)Convert garmin .img pseudo-NT to non-NT? I know it's possible, but how?(SOLVED!!!)Convert garmin .img pseudo-NT to non-NT? I know it's possible, but how?(SOLVED!!!)

kunix
    I do, a StreetPilot 2710 .. remember? I'm game to try, if you'd like me to ...
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

Navigation software expert Convert garmin .img pseudo-NT to non-NT? I know it's possible, but how?(SOLVED!!!)
    Convert garmin .img pseudo-NT to non-NT? I know it's possible, but how?(SOLVED!!!)

No, this is not the case, because the repackaging of subfiles is not the main in the real-NT format. Unknown bitstream compression algorithm - that's the main thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    kunix
    I do, a StreetPilot 2710 .. remember? I'm game to try, if you'd like me to ...
    Yes, try it please. Do you need help converting the map?

Garmin/GPS Systems GMod. Convert garmin .img pseudo-NT to non-NT? I know it's possible, but how?(SOLVED!!!)
    Convert garmin .img pseudo-NT to non-NT? I know it's possible, but how?(SOLVED!!!)Convert garmin .img pseudo-NT to non-NT? I know it's possible, but how?(SOLVED!!!)Convert garmin .img pseudo-NT to non-NT? I know it's possible, but how?(SOLVED!!!)Convert garmin .img pseudo-NT to non-NT? I know it's possible, but how?(SOLVED!!!)Convert garmin .img pseudo-NT to non-NT? I know it's possible, but how?(SOLVED!!!)Convert garmin .img pseudo-NT to non-NT? I know it's possible, but how?(SOLVED!!!)Convert garmin .img pseudo-NT to non-NT? I know it's possible, but how?(SOLVED!!!)

Duh! Yep, i'm the village idiot when it comes to this stuff. Do you have something i can just dl? Something you 'prepared earlier' ....
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

No, unfortunately, I didn't upload anything. Also you're going to test some map of your location right?
    I can convert it for you if you want. Just give me the link and the .GMP subfile names that you really need.
    Coz the map is going to grow ~5 times and become really huge, and I have 512 megabit/sec upload bandwidth.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I can't do anything before about 0300 UTC 30 Sept, but these are the only two tiles i need to test it on the road [if you only want to do one of the tiles, do Southern Brisbane]:
    Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links
    Spoiler: pic
    kyrr

Try this one.
    Spoiler: CLICK
    Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links

I've unlocked the "untouched" image with gimgunlock before processing it.

@testlelelala
    Also don't forget about rebelneo's loader It makes the latest mapedit version read pseudo-NT without conversion.
    Yes, very usefull, hope he can update it for future gpsmapedit versions.
    @testlelelala
    What are you doing at your work? I'm just curious...
    I'm doing my thesis in physics, and needed to process a lot of experimental data, so i have to automate the process.
    In fact it is not a really a work as i don't get paid for it.
    Right now my work is teaching math at the university.