Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Problem with battery or logic-board

Hi folks,

I have a Nuvi 1450t. From one day to the next it won't start and wasn't recognized on several PCs. So I disassembled it and measured the voltage from the battery: 0.0 V.
    So I removed the battery and tried to start the device without battery, but nothing happened. It's also not recognized on my PC. Also tried to press the on/off-button for 30 seconds. So my question is: "Does the device only works with a working battery or not?"

Cheers

2.    Advertissements

Important User Problem with battery or logic-board
    Problem with battery or logic-boardProblem with battery or logic-boardProblem with battery or logic-boardProblem with battery or logic-boardProblem with battery or logic-boardProblem with battery or logic-boardProblem with battery or logic-board

Have you tried to charge the battery for a long time: at last one night? Battery: 0.0 V. means it's completely empty.
    The battery is an integral part of the unit's power circuitry -- without getting too technical, the power (even if from an external source) has to go through the battery in order to power the device. If the internal battery has failed (I.e. though an open or short circuit within it), or removed, then the receiver circuitry will not receive power because it cannot go through the battery.
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

Thank you, that's the answer I was looking for. So I will order a new battery and hope this will solve the problem.

Cheers

Problem with battery or logic-board

Quote Originally Posted by railrun View Post
    So my question is: "Does the device only works with a working battery or not?"
    The answeer is YES With the USB normal (500ma of power) show the screen and is recognized by PC (not good for show navigation with link of PC if the cable with DATA)...and works fine/charm also like navigation with cable USB without transfer DATA
    Clear...if the battery is not in short-circuit,obvous

Bye,bye
    Last edited by Roger; 28th August 2013 at 12:16 PM.

Roger,
    now I'm again confused, maybe I should advance my english
    Should it be recognized by the PC w/o the battery or not?

Garmin/GPS Systems GMod. Problem with battery or logic-board
    Problem with battery or logic-boardProblem with battery or logic-boardProblem with battery or logic-boardProblem with battery or logic-boardProblem with battery or logic-boardProblem with battery or logic-boardProblem with battery or logic-board

Provided that the battery is not open-circuit, even if it just can't be properly charged for any reason, then connecting it to a power source [DC car charger, AC wall charger, 5v USB] will allow it to turn on. If the battery is open-circuit or missing then in my experience the unit will not power up regardless. So if it won't power up connected to a power source and the battery doesn't charge and continues to show 0% even after connection to a charging source for quite some time, then it's kuput and you you should replace it. After-market batteries are cheap and quite easy to change in 1xxx series. [i.e. what Caty said].
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

@ railrun & Neil

Yes & No

I confirm infos in post #4

With the USB normal (500ma of power) show the screen and is recognized by PC (not good for show navigation with link of PC if the cable with DATA)...and works fine/charm also like navigation with cable USB without transfer DATA
    Bye,bye

PS: ah,without battery...
    Last edited by Roger; 28th August 2013 at 06:27 PM. Reason: add text in Quote+ PS

Ok...for the skeptics

My test/work:

Starting test
    2jcsf3a

All test with battery unlinked
    e8ms7k

Cable for only power (no DATA transfer)
    160xuld

Cable whit transfer DATA and power
    5me7n8

Test for recognize by PC
    33wtm6c

160r68g

30x8t9k

Test for navigation with cable USB with only power 5vdc

2u9tjbt

8y5cow

2gxkaba

msyxc0

Bye,bye

Garmin/GPS Systems GMod. Problem with battery or logic-board

That's what i regard as conclusive then Rog! I have to admit that i've not tried to 'power-on' a 1xxx series without battery. It didn't work for me with an older unit, i think it was a 2x0 or maybe a 300 can't remember now. Nice tests, you've gone to some effort there and i'm sorry to cause you to do that to confirm your findings.
    Shame about the outer surround cover, like me, they get quite brittle with age [they won't super-glue either btw, lol].
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

GPSPower Helper Problem with battery or logic-board

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    That's what i regard as conclusive then Rog! I have to admit that i've not tried to 'power-on' a 1xxx series without battery. It didn't work for me with an older unit, i think it was a 2x0 or maybe a 300 can't remember now. Nice tests, you've gone to some effort there and i'm sorry to cause you to do that to confirm your findings.
    Shame about the outer surround cover, like me, they get quite brittle with age [they won't super-glue either btw, lol].
    Plastic weld it carefully using a small tipped soldering iron Work from the inside "non visible area".
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
    Albert Einstein.