Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Perhaps it has a bug when left or right are undefined (none).
    I'll check.
    But the roads numbers i checked, all are okay, but they have both sides defined left and right numbering.
    example: Numbers1=1,E,100,200,O,101,199
    Last edited by testlelelala; 6th August 2013 at 09:34 AM.

2.    Advertissements

Kanopus

Try: Numbers1=2,E,100,200,O,101,199

I really hope that old cgpsmapper is not good enough to kick out of business 3-rd party map publishers like CarteBlanche.

I also hope that no one get kicked out of business.
    But i do hope that old cgpsmapper do things right (as it seems to be for the moment.)

Kanopus

Internal structure of Garmin NT format is not known. This thread is not about revers engineering Garmin NT maps but about disassembling maps from independent publishers, who use cgpsmapper.

Navigation software Moderator kunix's Avatar

I don't really believe that people who reverse engineered non-NT IMG files can't do the same with NT IMG files There should be some other reasons... Like all of them being involved in some economic relations which make decompiling NT maps by others not desirable
    Last edited by kunix; 6th August 2013 at 10:42 PM.

Navigation software expert Convert garmin .img pseudo-NT to non-NT? I know it's possible, but how?(SOLVED!!!)
    Convert garmin .img pseudo-NT to non-NT? I know it's possible, but how?(SOLVED!!!)Convert garmin .img pseudo-NT to non-NT? I know it's possible, but how?(SOLVED!!!)Convert garmin .img pseudo-NT to non-NT? I know it's possible, but how?(SOLVED!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Kanopus View Post
    Internal structure of Garmin NT format is not known.
    What about it?

Spoiler: CLICK
    Other than that, I have done some research on the deviation of China map
    coordinates. Though there is no concrete result, you can follow it in this
    article
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    My ultimate goal is to change the coordinates in place, i.e. change individual
    bytes without recompiling the map. The cmdc tool is to generate the deviation
    table. The gimgfixcmd tool fixes the deviation of a map.

The reverse engineering of the unlocking algorithm and the GMP section (aka the NT format by Garmin) are my work.

It is really work!
    Garmin, how much is 30 pieces of silver for Judas today? Were they worthy for crucifix of GPSPower?

Navigation software Moderator kunix's Avatar

gimgtools is a very nice set of utilities. But they still don't help us convert NT maps to polish map format, while we can do this for non-NT maps using some utilities (gpsmapedit, for example). Also I don't see how to convert NT map to non-NT one using gimgtools.
    In conclusion, gimgtools still doesn't help us decompile NT maps, even partially.
    Last edited by kunix; 7th August 2013 at 10:19 AM.

Navigation software expert Convert garmin .img pseudo-NT to non-NT? I know it's possible, but how?(SOLVED!!!)
    Convert garmin .img pseudo-NT to non-NT? I know it's possible, but how?(SOLVED!!!)Convert garmin .img pseudo-NT to non-NT? I know it's possible, but how?(SOLVED!!!)Convert garmin .img pseudo-NT to non-NT? I know it's possible, but how?(SOLVED!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by kunix View Post
    gimgtools still doesn't help us decompile NT maps, even partially.
    I do not write what it is saucer with blue border! But source code is very useful things sometime. We had big provocative discussion about non-NT and NT format on russian forum. Do the bible by John Mechalas have another analogue?
    Garmin, how much is 30 pieces of silver for Judas today? Were they worthy for crucifix of GPSPower?

Important User Convert garmin .img pseudo-NT to non-NT? I know it's possible, but how?(SOLVED!!!)
    Convert garmin .img pseudo-NT to non-NT? I know it's possible, but how?(SOLVED!!!)Convert garmin .img pseudo-NT to non-NT? I know it's possible, but how?(SOLVED!!!)Convert garmin .img pseudo-NT to non-NT? I know it's possible, but how?(SOLVED!!!)Convert garmin .img pseudo-NT to non-NT? I know it's possible, but how?(SOLVED!!!)Convert garmin .img pseudo-NT to non-NT? I know it's possible, but how?(SOLVED!!!)Convert garmin .img pseudo-NT to non-NT? I know it's possible, but how?(SOLVED!!!)Convert garmin .img pseudo-NT to non-NT? I know it's possible, but how?(SOLVED!!!)

It could be nice to hear
    opinion about this matter
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

syzygy

Quote Originally Posted by testlelelala View Post
    I think i got it!!!
    It seems to be that what is changed are the offsets of each internal section of each sub-file.
    Which are changed simply because the header is displaced from the rest of the sub-file.
    working...

PS: Now i need to learn how to interpret and change the offsets, which is probably very basic, but i don't have a clue
    As you have found out, the difference between two, say TRE, headers are the contained offset values pointing to data sections in the TRE data area. In a NT or pseudo-NT GMP subfile the offset is always relative to the start of GMP header. But in a non-NT TRE/RGN/LBL subfile, the offset is relative to the start of TRE/RGN/LBL header respectively. So, for example, after you join a TRE header with its TRE data area (both from a pseudo-NT file), you need to update those offsets in TRE header to be relative to the start of the TRE header.

The location of an offset within a non-NT subfile header can be found in the document below.