Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

Apple Does anyone use Galileo Offline Maps?

I'm thinking of buying a used iPad 3 for maps while out on the hills, with offline maps created, hopefully, by Mobile Atlas Creator from the British Ordnance Survey 1:25000 maps. With the retina display, it could be a great map reading device.

The only app I can find that seems to allow this is Galileo Offline Maps, with the optional custom maps purchase.

Has anyone done anything similar to this? Money's too tight for me to stump up the cash for the iPad only to find out it doesn't really do the job. I'm not familiar with Apple stuff. I would consider an Android tablet and run MM Tracker, but Apple's retina display on the iPad 3 is terrific!

A couple of specific questions I have are: Does the iPad 3 GPS work properly without a wifi or other network connection, and does Galileo Offline Maps work nicely with maps created by MOBAC, like it says it does?

2.    Advertissements

u can try City Maps 2Go - Offline Map and Travel Guide it is free today

Description
    ▶ FREE, only today! (value $2.99)
    ▶ Unlimited interactive offline map downloads. PLUS unlimited Wikipedia travel guide downloads for the whole world. No additional in-app purchase required. Everything 100% offline. No data roaming or Wi-Fi required.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

ws3ga0

2607d6e