Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 29 of 64 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
    Garmin/GPS Systems GMod. GarminCure3 tool - the new way to create cure firmwares for Garmin devices
    GarminCure3 tool - the new way to create cure firmwares for Garmin devicesGarminCure3 tool - the new way to create cure firmwares for Garmin devicesGarminCure3 tool - the new way to create cure firmwares for Garmin devicesGarminCure3 tool - the new way to create cure firmwares for Garmin devicesGarminCure3 tool - the new way to create cure firmwares for Garmin devicesGarminCure3 tool - the new way to create cure firmwares for Garmin devices

You do need to do some searching for yourself. All this basic info and help is available on Noeman. To fully expand on what has been said before including dasil's patient reply above:

The Garmin link for the current fw of the non-mtk chip [HWID 0972] was posted by lolypop000 above. Here it is again, along with the MTK [hwid 1104] version:
    Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links
    Code:
    All firmware current and recent is available here on Noeman: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], as well as the perry site linked before by dasilvarsa.

And yes, to flash an rgn file made with [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], it is updater.exe that you can use, also available here: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. As stated above, you can also easily make the .rgn file from the .gcd file and flash it using Cure3. Look again at post #1 here. Just ensure that you press the radio button marked 'Original' this time using Cure3. If the non-MTK fw named 097201000620.rgn won't flash, it probably means you have the MTK chip. Make it again using the mtk version of the fw named 110401000620.rgn, or just check your HWID using [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] with the nuvi in pre-boot mode before you flash anything.
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

2.    Advertissements

nestawasright

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    You do need to do some searching for yourself. All this basic info and help is available on Noeman. To fully expand on what has been said before including dasil's patient reply above:

The Garmin link for the current fw of the non-mtk chip [HWID 0972] was posted by lolypop000 above. Here it is again, along with the MTK [hwid 1104] version:
    Code:
    Code:
    All firmware current and recent is available here on Noeman: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], as well as the perry site linked before by dasilvarsa.

And yes, to flash an rgn file made with [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], it is updater.exe that you can use, also available here: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. As stated above, you can also easily make the .rgn file from the .gcd file and flash it using Cure3. Look again at post #1 here. Just ensure that you press the radio button marked 'Original' this time using Cure3. If the non-MTK fw named 097201000620.rgn won't flash, it probably means you have the MTK chip. Make it again using the mtk version of the fw named 110401000620.rgn, or just check your HWID using [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] with the nuvi in pre-boot mode before you flash anything.
    I must say thanks to everyone for your help.

I was confused for a long time. But I'm not clear.

Presently, webupdater is downloading and installing the files.

Next I have to install basemap and detailed map. My question, please, and thanks for your patience.

Can I use the CityXplorer ([Only registered and activated users can see links. ]) map and would that be sufficient. Or how can I use it along with my map?

Garmin/GPS Systems GMod. GarminCure3 tool - the new way to create cure firmwares for Garmin devices
    GarminCure3 tool - the new way to create cure firmwares for Garmin devicesGarminCure3 tool - the new way to create cure firmwares for Garmin devicesGarminCure3 tool - the new way to create cure firmwares for Garmin devicesGarminCure3 tool - the new way to create cure firmwares for Garmin devicesGarminCure3 tool - the new way to create cure firmwares for Garmin devicesGarminCure3 tool - the new way to create cure firmwares for Garmin devices

Read my [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [and the links in it] back in the CX thread where you've already posted. If you read everything, you will see that if you use the full CX with CN data in it for your city it will work like a detail map, but only for that city. Please post only once the same/similar request. I'll trash OT posts, sorry.

General note for all: the unit in question may not even have had to be cured. It may have been sufficient to properly format it with RMPrepUSB. In the case of an accidental and/or inappropriate reformat, imo that should always be done first if the internal file system is visible under Windows Explorer. If it won't boot and it's also not visible, then cure it. It shortens the process greatly if a proper reformat works though. This includes even accidental FAT reformats done with Windows. [There is more than one way to format in FAT, like there is more than one way to skin a cat ]

If a 1xxx device has no damaged/wrong files stopping it booting and is properly formatted it will boot even without files on it.
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

Hi Guys,

actually I have some trouble with a 3490:
    After flashing it with 7.90 firmware (cure-version), I could access the file system, formatted the storage and copied a backup to it again.
    The next step should be flashing back the original 7.90 firmware to device, but unfortunately I'm not able to enter preboot-mode anymore, the 3490 does not react while I'm pressing my finger on the touch screen.
    Also a inserted sd card with the 7.90 gcd file on it, does not force the 3490 to flash the firmware.

Any ideas what went wrong and what I can try to flash the original firmware to my 3490?

Update:
    hmm - don't know why, but some hours laters I was able to enter preboot-mode and flash the original firmware.
    All the efforts were worth it, my 3490 is working is fine again.

Many thanks to all of you for sharing your knowledge in this thread.
    Last edited by pusti123; 18th July 2013 at 06:31 PM.

shivon827

can u please help me, ive downloaded the garmin cure and ive been trying to fix my satnav for so long and I am just having no luck. I have got as far as the updater but thats it. can some one help ???

Important User GarminCure3 tool - the new way to create cure firmwares for Garmin devices
    GarminCure3 tool - the new way to create cure firmwares for Garmin devicesGarminCure3 tool - the new way to create cure firmwares for Garmin devicesGarminCure3 tool - the new way to create cure firmwares for Garmin devicesGarminCure3 tool - the new way to create cure firmwares for Garmin devicesGarminCure3 tool - the new way to create cure firmwares for Garmin devicesGarminCure3 tool - the new way to create cure firmwares for Garmin devicesGarminCure3 tool - the new way to create cure firmwares for Garmin devices

You must read how too in threads.
    In post n1 here and to get preboot, it can be different in various devices:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    more instructions and pics here:
    Give more details about your nuvi issue ,why you're having no luck and about what bricked it.
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

nanochip

Hello noeman members,

I made a stupid mistake by deleting the Garmin Partions on my Garmin Nuvi 265. I ran some cure files but this does not affect the internal memory Is someone here (on the forum) capable of bringing back my internal memory?

If more info is needed, please post

Thanks,

Kind regards

nanoChip

(Nuvi205-215-255-265_fw5.00_HID_0851_CURE_PouchX) <-- works perfect except the internal memory is still gone.
    Last edited by nanochip; 24th July 2013 at 03:06 AM.

@nanochip
    So if seems that you've tried the cure by PouchX, but have you used this cure3 by Kunix also? Have you reloaded the original fw afterwards? What are the symptoms, i.e. Will the unit not boot but you can see the internal FS in Windows Explorer, even if it's empty?; or do you mean [rather than deleting the folders & files on it] that you actually removed the partition and under Windows Disk Management it's showing as 'Unallocated' space?

If the former, and it's not booting because of the cure fw's presence, load the full original fw and then create a folder named Garmin in the device root, boot it and then check if it's created a file GarminDevice.xml inside [if it's named GarminDevice.tmp rename the extension to .xml]. If you have the .xml there, connect to WebUpdater to load necessary files and then replace your maps. If the latter, create a new simple volume then format it first using RMPrepUSM [link in first post].

If it's none of those scenarios, post again with full details.

nanochip

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    @nanochip
    So if seems that you've tried the cure by PouchX, but have you used this cure3 by Kunix also? Have you reloaded the original fw afterwards? What are the symptoms, i.e. Will the unit not boot but you can see the internal FS in Windows Explorer, even if it's empty?; or do you mean [rather than deleting the folders & files on it] that you actually removed the partition and under Windows Disk Management it's showing as 'Unallocated' space?

If the former, and it's not booting because of the cure fw's presence, load the full original fw and then create a folder named Garmin in the device root, boot it and then check if it's created a file GarminDevice.xml inside [if it's named GarminDevice.tmp rename the extension to .xml]. If you have the .xml there, connect to WebUpdater to load necessary files and then replace your maps. If the latter, create a new simple volume then format it first using RMPrepUSM [link in first post].

If it's none of those scenarios, post again with full details.
    Unfortunately I deleted the whole partition so connecting too the Nuvi via a PC/MAC aint possible (diskmanger is not showing the device). I also got hard times finding the right .gcd file for the Nuvi 265 hwid: 851. I need this too try Kunix cure method.

Navigation software expert GarminCure3 tool - the new way to create cure firmwares for Garmin devices
    GarminCure3 tool - the new way to create cure firmwares for Garmin devicesGarminCure3 tool - the new way to create cure firmwares for Garmin devicesGarminCure3 tool - the new way to create cure firmwares for Garmin devices

Here you have all that you need with tutorial inside:

If you wish, you can [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]