Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Any easy way to get this chart-set into HomePort? I have downloaded & unpacked the charts, installed & updated HomePort, and installed GMapTool. It looks like I may have to use GMapTool "Join" to create a single .img file and then copy that to a location where HomePort can see it? What happens to the tidal data - will that still be available?

Any help appreciated..
    Thanks.

2.    Advertissements

Important User Garmin BlueChart Atlantic 2008.5  Mapsource Version
    Garmin BlueChart Atlantic 2008.5  Mapsource Version

Default join infos (PPS)

@ Mad Leo

Welcome

Alt...

1) unpack the archive rared in folder ex. C\BC_2008.5 (create if not exist)
    2) copy the folder Family_xxx from archive unpacked in folder C\Garmin (create if not exist)
    3) click right and run like Administrator the file Install.bat
    4) patch HomePort
    5) run HomePort and ....

Bye,bye

PS: 6) I intend, however, to try ....tonight

PPS: I tried ...All ok
    vxjlvr

Last edited by catymag; 24th July 2014 at 09:42 PM.

Hi and thanks,
    I did find the Garmin bluechart atlantic which I'm hoping covers what I need.
    Anyway I downloaded and installed it correctly I think but with my older version of Mapsource it would open what appeared to be the whole chart of all of Europe pretty much, however Mapsource wasn't responding at all and I had to force a shutdown. This kept happening so I installed a newer version of Mapsource 6.16.3 and this now opens ok but isn't showing the maps. Would you have any advice?
    Thanks again.

Garmin/GPS Systems GMod. Garmin BlueChart Atlantic 2008.5  Mapsource Version
    Garmin BlueChart Atlantic 2008.5  Mapsource VersionGarmin BlueChart Atlantic 2008.5  Mapsource VersionGarmin BlueChart Atlantic 2008.5  Mapsource VersionGarmin BlueChart Atlantic 2008.5  Mapsource VersionGarmin BlueChart Atlantic 2008.5  Mapsource VersionGarmin BlueChart Atlantic 2008.5  Mapsource VersionGarmin BlueChart Atlantic 2008.5  Mapsource Version

Best advice is to install HomePort for marine maps. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. MapSource is now discontinued and unsupported.
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].