Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Kike_GL

CenRut is a community-based project to create and freely distribute GPS maps of Central America. The project covers El Salvador, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Guatemala, Honduras, Belize and Panama.

Visit [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

2.    Advertissements

How does this compare to the other Central America offering?

Master

Cenrut is better than the alternatives in Belize, Panama, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Guatemala and Honduras.
    NatsatCR/EZFind is better in Costa Rica.

Important User CenRut (Costa Rica, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Guatemala, Honduras, Belize and Panama) up to v3.1
    CenRut (Costa Rica, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Guatemala, Honduras, Belize and Panama) up to v3.1CenRut (Costa Rica, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Guatemala, Honduras, Belize and Panama) up to v3.1CenRut (Costa Rica, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Guatemala, Honduras, Belize and Panama) up to v3.1CenRut (Costa Rica, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Guatemala, Honduras, Belize and Panama) up to v3.1CenRut (Costa Rica, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Guatemala, Honduras, Belize and Panama) up to v3.1CenRut (Costa Rica, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Guatemala, Honduras, Belize and Panama) up to v3.1CenRut (Costa Rica, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Guatemala, Honduras, Belize and Panama) up to v3.1

an interesting review here:
    Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

andy9838

Version 2.9 does not include costa rica?

GPSPower Helper CenRut (Costa Rica, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Guatemala, Honduras, Belize and Panama) up to v3.1
    CenRut (Costa Rica, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Guatemala, Honduras, Belize and Panama) up to v3.1

Quote Originally Posted by andy9838 View Post

I download the .IMG map and installed it in my SD card, unmark all other maps, and the Costa Rica seems to be there…; please check again and if the problem continue, tell me and I make a new link.
    Last edited by Pungente; 5th April 2013 at 10:25 AM.
    Recommended to use [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] to unpack my files.
    Zero posters won`t have hide links available, please post a [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] to be able to like and unhide links.
    ↙ LIKE to show your gratitude and unhide links; refresh (hit F5) if necessary.

Direct download link (.exe file plus documentation in Spanish):

Spoiler: CLICK
    Code:
    Last edited by catymag; 13th March 2014 at 02:28 PM.

Master CenRut (Costa Rica, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Guatemala, Honduras, Belize and Panama) up to v3.1 Doc_Koordinate's Avatar

I combined this map with Contour Lines from [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. Looks fine:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Please note: POI's obviously show feet figures, not meters - contour line values are correct
    Ready to use img file (123 MB uncompressed) download here:
    Spoiler: CLICK
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Last edited by catymag; 13th March 2014 at 02:27 PM.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by andy9838 View Post
    This appears to have been the conclusion drawn by some people when they tried to find a specific street and did not see "Costa Rica" as one of the available countries. This has been corrected, but searching by street is notoriously unreliable in Latin America. It is highly preferable to search by Points of Interest.

Just FYI:the gmapsupp.img contains the most updated versions(beta versions for the upcoming version, which is more updated than the available Mapsource version):
    Code:
    Remember to please send corrections and errors you find, my email address is on the Cenrut english page. Enjoy!
    Last edited by dakrause; 27th October 2013 at 10:17 PM.

Default cenrut: is there esri source for this?

I stumbled on CenRut, which is a community mapping project of Central America. It is actually quite accurate. I'm a little confused on their licensing terms. First, the project seems like an open community effort, however the only files found on their site are NT img files. I'm unable to find a working mailing list / forum or contact emails. Does anyone know if this is an open source project or simply someone's pet project held closed? I would like to edit one of the maps, however am unable to find anything that is editable. GPSMapEdit will not edit the NT based map.

Thanks so much!