Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Guide Android TT, patching and the use of other maps

I noticed that lately there are more and questions in regards to the different TT APK's as well as complaints based on mixing APK's with map releases from other postings.
    So it is time to give some clearity on the matter...

1. All TT APK's with the same version number are totally identical, except for the country name in the menu (and program) and the device ID.
    2. The differences in size for some APK's are mainly a result of the included voices and no indication of features.
    3. There are three different "cured" APK versions to find:
    a) Only patched : you can use other Android TT maps, but no full featured PNA maps - in some releases the license check is not entirely removed, causing error in regards to TT servers during navigation.
    You won't find those versions in any good GPS forum unless posted by user and untested by the mods.
    b) Patched and modified to accept the full featured PNA maps, all license checks removed - most common version to find.
    c) Only the license check removed - those APK's will no cause any errors but no matter what you do it is impossible to use maps of other countries with such APK's.

Please keep the above in mind when seeking new maps!
    Also keep in mind that it does no matter if you have a EU APK but use only US maps - it is just a cosmetical thing to have a different country name displayed by the TT program

Ok, but how does help me to get my new maps going?
    Well, you now know that the device ID is country specific, so the device ID will always be the same for a selected APK no matter on what device you install it.
    You also know that you need a suitable APK in case you want to use maps of a different country or simply like to add a map without the need to install another APK - please refer to the forum search for the TT map changer!
    If you have done your homework you also know by now that a map is only useable if a corresponding meta code is available.
    Refer to the map chart and/or the already posted Android TT maps for the correct version numbers - this is true for future map releases as well!
    All of the above infos can be found in the current map thread and in the current Android TT threads.
    The next piece of info you might need (if not posted with the APK) is the device ID for the corresponding country version:

Australia : AK3ZC6JDMS

Benelux : AK3ZQ7SKPW

Brazil : AK6HE6SKPE

Canada-Alaska : AK3ZG8JKPS

DE AT CH : AK4ZS7SCPE

EasternEurope : AK6HA62HN2

Europe : AK5HE7SBNN

France : AK6HU7JDPW

Greece : AK3ZU72HP2

Iberia : AK2ZE6ABMA

Italia : AK2HC6JGMS

Mexico : AK5ZA7JCNJ

New Zealand : AK2ZE6SBMJ

North America : AK5ZE6JJN2

Poland : AK2ZS8JGPS

Rus-Bal-Fin : AK6HU8JHQW

Scandinavia: AK3ZL6AKNW

SouthEast Asia: AK5HE62DNJ

SouthernAfrica: AK3ZS7SANW

Turkey : AK5HA62GNN

United States : AK2ZE7SCM6

U.S. & Canada : AK4ZE6SGNN

UK & Ireland : AK6ZS8JHQW

WesternEurope : AK6HE8JGPW

Before you start complaining it still does not work: read to the end!!
    How do I do the actual map activation, since the APK is already patched?
    One option is to use tool that allows to manually enter the device ID, like Easyusetool Frontend, Alberts Easy Activator and some more...
    But I personally prefer to do the "work" on my PC instead of messing around on the tablet, so I suggest to try this way:
    I assume you already installed the APK and figured out the correct location for your map folder on the device
    Unpack the downloaded map the a folder on your PC, for this tutorial I name the folder "Android maps".
    So you should end up with the folder "Android maps" and in there a folder with the name of the map containing all map files.
    Download the latest version of FastActivate from the forum and unpack the archive to the folder "Android maps".
    If in doubt use the posted meta code for the map and create meta.txt containing this code in the same folder.
    Open your texeditor (I recommend Notepad++) and paste the following into the empty text file:
    [TomTomGo]
    DeviceName=TomTom ANDROID
    DeviceSerialNumber=XXXXXXXXXXXX
    DeviceUniqueID=**** ****
    ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=9465
    ApplicationVersion=1074274.1

Replace the **** **** with the correct device ID for your country versions APK from the above list!
    Save the file as ttnavigator.bif in the folder "Android maps".
    Start FastActivate and activate the map.
    If successful you will find a .dct file inside the map folder as well as a corresponding message in FastActivate.
    Be aware that if a map was activated with a wrong meta code, or if the wrong device ID was used you have to delete .dct file before activating again with the correct values!
    Now copy the map folder to your TT folder on your device.
    Ususally it is located on your SD: C:\Android\TT 1.2\tomtom\com.tomtom.####\files

#### is the country name of the APK, files is the content folder inside it is the map folder (and other things).

Enjoy!

Before you post questions in regards to unsuccesful activations:
    Confirm your APK is properly patched! In general a lot of thanks for an APK indicates that it must work
    Confirm you selected the correct map version!
    Confirm you used the correct meta code in case you have to create you own meta.txt - mainly for meta codes released after the last update for FastActivate.
    Confirm a .dct for the map was created inside the map folder.
    Password for all my files: downunder

2.    Advertissements

Member + Android TT, patching and the use of other mapsAndroid TT, patching and the use of other maps

Could you explain use of multiple country maps? Do I need multiple APKs, one for each country? File structure?

GPSPower Helper Android TT, patching and the use of other maps
    Android TT, patching and the use of other maps

Quote Originally Posted by HaraldGPS View Post
    Could you explain use of multiple country maps? Do I need multiple APKs, one for each country? File structure?
    Hey look at this post here
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

How to unhide links: After clicking LIKE this post, hidden links will be available.

i can get the program to work but the map is just a black background.any ideas?
    I guess upon further research it's because I am trying it on a Galaxy Note 4!
    Can someone confirm this for me please.
    Last edited by Midjet; 24th January 2015 at 11:16 PM. Reason: Update

GPSPower Helper Android TT, patching and the use of other maps
    Android TT, patching and the use of other maps

Quote Originally Posted by Midjet View Post
    Hi here

How to unhide links: After clicking LIKE this post, hidden links will be available.

maury22

Quote Originally Posted by QUIN1965 View Post
    Hi here

????????

Quote Originally Posted by Midjet View Post

It work from 480x320 resolution at that 1920x1080 resolution....
    Galaxy Note 4 has 2560x1440 resolution......

Result: Black map !
    Last edited by maury22; 25th January 2015 at 08:37 PM.

THanks Maury22, that was the conclusion I came to.
    I eventually managed to get the UK and Irl apk 1.40 version to work on my old SGS2 with the relevant maps working.
    Guess I will have to wait or as other point out Sygic uses same maps anyway and that works a treat AND the Blackbox is brill too.

maury22

Yes, same maps ..... but the route calculating algorithm, for Sygic, is terrible!
    The best is the one that using Tomtom ....

LOL yeah I had noticed. I like the blackbox idea though.
    Guess I will have to stick with CoPilot until Tomtom make it compatible with my phone.
    Cheers

[QUOTE=Downunder35m;918648]Open your texeditor (I recommend Notepad++) and paste the following into the empty text file:
    [TomTomGo]
    DeviceName=TomTom ANDROID
    DeviceSerialNumber=XXXXXXXXXXXX
    DeviceUniqueID=**** ****
    ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=9465
    ApplicationVersion=1074274.1

The ApplicationVersion I could find in the "info" screen of the APK:
    "Versie: 1.4(1729544)DFOX
    Kaart: D-AT-CH v940.6004 "

So I changed your 1074274.1 to 1729544.1 .

How about the ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=9465 ? I 'm trying to add 945.6174 here, should I change it to 6174 then?