Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

thumbup Nuvi 1390, froze then stuck on Logo screen.

I have a nuvi 1390 was using it this weekend worked good but then the gps froze when i tried to reboot it comes on to where it shows Garmin on the screen and it won't reboot nothing i tried worked computer won't even reconize it is there anything that can be done to bring it back to life

2.    Advertissements

Important User Nuvi 1390, froze then stuck on Logo screen.
    Nuvi 1390, froze then stuck on Logo screen.

Look here [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Particular paragraph Garmin doesnt boot? Bricked device ? (first and second links)

Try,read ALL 3rd and post in just Topic,thanks ....

Bye,bye

Nuvi 1390, froze then stuck on Logo screen.Nuvi 1390, froze then stuck on Logo screen.Nuvi 1390, froze then stuck on Logo screen.Nuvi 1390, froze then stuck on Logo screen.Nuvi 1390, froze then stuck on Logo screen.Nuvi 1390, froze then stuck on Logo screen.Nuvi 1390, froze then stuck on Logo screen.

in particular:
    Follow
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Firmwares here
    Updater (with instructions)
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

GPSPower Helper Nuvi 1390, froze then stuck on Logo screen.
    Nuvi 1390, froze then stuck on Logo screen.

Before making cure.
    Also try to hold power button down for a long time then release. (Sometimes coaches the Nuvi to boot)
    Also try hold the power button for a long time and plug in USB Cable while holding button down then release
    Long time = 30 seconds.
    I've sometimes managed to get Computer to recognize Nuvi using these methods (limited success rate).
    If these tricks do not help proceed to pre-boot mode and Garmincure3
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
    Albert Einstein.

guys i can't get it to pre-boot mode it starts with Garmin logo but no matter what i can't get it to go in pre-boot mode just show the logo

Garmin/GPS Systems GMod. Nuvi 1390, froze then stuck on Logo screen.
    Nuvi 1390, froze then stuck on Logo screen.Nuvi 1390, froze then stuck on Logo screen.Nuvi 1390, froze then stuck on Logo screen.Nuvi 1390, froze then stuck on Logo screen.Nuvi 1390, froze then stuck on Logo screen.Nuvi 1390, froze then stuck on Logo screen.Nuvi 1390, froze then stuck on Logo screen.

If your 1300 shows the logo you should be able to access preboot. I have restored many devices stuck on logo and all could be accessed in preboot for curing. Be persistent and you will do it. Follow the precise instructions in links given to you, but in brief:

1. Prepare the cure fw using kunix's cure3.
    2. Have updater.exe open with 'USD Device' selected and your cursor over 'OK' ready to click it.
    3. Plug USB lead into rear port of PC, but not into device yet.
    4. Hold the top LH corner [as you look at it] of 1300 firmly with finger or thumb and don't let go.
    5. Plug the usb lead into the 1300.
    6. Immediately you see your nuvi details appear in the lower panel of updater.exe, click 'OK' and wait until it's finished [or at least until 'Loader' appears on the screen] before letting go of corner
    7. Reformat using RMPrepUSB, then repeat the above process using the original fw.
    8. Run WebUpdater to reload necessary files.
    9. Replace Maps.

Be sure your 1300 is completely off by holding the on/off button down before you start. Be wary of using the same files on the unit originally as one of them may have caused it to 'brick' in the first place. Ensure you have current Garmin usb drivers installed. If you are using Win 7 or 8 and unsuccessfully, try a PC with XP.
    Last edited by Neil; 20th May 2013 at 11:56 PM. Reason: typo.
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

Quote Originally Posted by joecap View Post
    guys i can't get it to pre-boot mode
    read carefully instructions here
    at "Before doing anything".....
    You can drag the file in Updater, tick USB , plug nuvi to pc holding&pressing finger upper left corner ,Updater will see it.
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

i finally got it to pre-boot mode by following your intructions then i made a rgn file with kunix's cure3 when i try to use updater it tells me that the unit returned an error when receiving packets from the updater any help

Are you sure about the HWID of your unit? If you have a files backup check it in garmindevice.xml in Garmin folder.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><Device xmlns="http://www.garmin.com/xmlschemas/GarminDevice/v2" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.garmin.com/xmlschemas/GarminDevice/v2 http://www.garmin.com/xmlschemas/GarminDevicev2.xsd"><Model><PartNumber>006-XXXX-00</PartNumber>

yes i am pretty sure