Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Important User Speed Cameras in France (dangerous zones) August 2015
    Speed Cameras in France (dangerous zones) August 2015

Quote Originally Posted by sergio2 View Post

I put :

- all .bmp icons from Garmin SCDB into CustomSymbols folder in Garmin Montana folder,
    - all .gpx files into GPX folder,
    - Files.gci into a POI folder.

Where can I find .wav files ? Can I use PackSecurityTTH ones ?
    GULPP....!!!

Sergio (name tipically Italicus),sorry, but put in your device ONLY the GPX or GPI Very important.
    The icons BMP (24x24 or 44x44) and filed GPX are provided to make yourself your own file GPI (with PoiLoader). Ok...
    My GPI in bouquet rared is product with icons 24x24 and files GPX

Foe sounds: yes, you use the files offered by TTHaven...Ex: Camera.gpx.....Camera.bmp....Camera.wav (rename the file namefile.wav from bouquet TTH,to your choose)
    Use Poiloader in Manual....and make sure to have the sox.exe (r.14.0.1) in the folder of Poiloader.exe [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Bye,bye

2.    Advertissements

Hi,

Finally I managed to use icons .bmp and excel .csv files from TThaven to create an .gpi file with POI Loader.
    Nevertheless, all attemps to associate either a .wav file or a MP3 file with .bmp and .csv failed : it looks as if Montana is unable to read .wav files.
    I tried to use both sox.exe files :the normal one and the one you modified. When I ran POI loader with yours, sox.exe didn't open while with normal one sox.exe could be run but apparently did nothing.

Fortunatly, alarm can be activated on Montana before each dangerous zone thanks to POI Loader using it in manual mode.

Yes,the my (or better...of my friend ) sox.exe open never windows,with Poiloader But work fine....sure au lemon
    Use the latest release of Poiloader...important

Then the Montana does not process sound files custom for the POIs.
    However tomorrow (or Sunday....floral period, this) I prepare a file GPI (one category) ... the test on my nuvi and I send you.

Bye,bye

@ sergio2

I testing on my nuvi 1340 the pacK for Tunnel in France. File .GPX, file .BMP 24x24 and file .WAV associated...and works fine
    Spoiler: CLICK

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

You test with my pack in your Montana:
    Simulation GPS->set location-> Rue Marietton,75 Lyon (Rhone) ->route to Quai de Serbie (n° de la rue not necessary)
    I have the alert for Tunnel with sound and icons just over the river

Bye,bye
    Last edited by catymag; 9th February 2014 at 04:22 PM.

Hi Roger,

I tried your simulation on my Montana : .wav file still does not work.
    I only have tunnel icon and bip alert between river and tunnel.
    Anyway, Wav sound must not work on Montana because Garmin only allows France cyclops dangerous zone download for Nüvi and Zümo.
    Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links
    Last edited by sergio2; 6th May 2013 at 10:57 AM.

Default New model Radar Mobile in France

The new model of Radar Mobile in France

Speed Cameras in France (dangerous zones) August 2015Speed Cameras in France (dangerous zones) August 2015Speed Cameras in France (dangerous zones) August 2015Speed Cameras in France (dangerous zones) August 2015

Could someone that understand alerts from this french site, please explain the following alerts?

Alerte_carrefour_dangereux = DangerousIntersection
    Alerte_danger_occasionnel = OccasionalHazard
    Alerte_passage_a_niveau = CrossingAlert
    Alerte_distance = DistantAlert
    Alerte_poids = WeightAlert
    Alerte_pont = BridgeAlert
    Alerte_troncon_debut = TronconEarlyWarning
    Alerte_troncon_fin = TronconAlertEnd
    Alerte_troncon_rappel = TronconReminderAlert
    Alerte_tunnel = TunnelAlert
    Alerte_vehicule_debut = VehicleEarlyWarning
    Alerte_vehicule_fin = VehicleAlertEnd
    Alerte_vehicule_rappel = VehicleReminderAlert
    Alerte_zone_dangereuse = DangerZone

Wouldn't some of these alerts (such as Zone,Tunnel,Bridge) be a span (distant) instead of just a single point?

Edit:

Ok,I've tried to match up coord from Cyclop with the France database. The type=13(speedLimit?) used in Cyclop seem to mapped to "OccasionalHazard"

Spoiler: CLICK
    Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links
    Last edited by osiris4isis; 25th April 2014 at 06:44 AM.

Garmin/GPS Systems GMod. Speed Cameras in France (dangerous zones) August 2015
    Speed Cameras in France (dangerous zones) August 2015Speed Cameras in France (dangerous zones) August 2015Speed Cameras in France (dangerous zones) August 2015Speed Cameras in France (dangerous zones) August 2015Speed Cameras in France (dangerous zones) August 2015Speed Cameras in France (dangerous zones) August 2015Speed Cameras in France (dangerous zones) August 2015

Quote Originally Posted by osiris4isis View Post
    Wouldn't some of these alerts (such as Zone,Tunnel,Bridge) be a span (distant) instead of just a single point?
    Not 100% sure but i think that to comply with legislation ALL the alerts in France have to be spans/zones for a certain distance, rather than a specific point defined by a single set of co-ordinates.
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

Speed Cameras in France (dangerous zones) August 2015Speed Cameras in France (dangerous zones) August 2015Speed Cameras in France (dangerous zones) August 2015Speed Cameras in France (dangerous zones) August 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Not 100% sure but i think that to comply with legislation ALL the alerts in France have to be spans/zones for a certain distance, rather than a specific point defined by a single set of co-ordinates.
    But the french database are all single point (just like SCDB)

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Exact. Since January 3, 2012 , the products or devices that warn or inform of the location of radars are prohibited by law. But GPS devices are still authorised to indicate the location of the dangerous zones ...