Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

help Garmin nuvi 1460 cannot boot, stay on logo

My Garmin nuvi 1460 came as a packet with Mitsubishi car which was purchased on January 2011. I just used the Garmin normally, it's never updated. The last time I used the Garmin, it worked normally, but when I killed the car's engine, the Garmin hung, therefore I shutted it down by pressing the power button. Since that time the Garmin didn't work. Everytime I try to turn it on, it stays on Mitsubishi logo.
    I've tried :
    1. Touch the Garmin's screen on top left corner, then connect the Garmin to PC. Using 'webupdater', Garmin nuvi 1350 was detected (not Garmin 1460?), then communication failed
    2. Connect the Garmin to PC, Mitsubishi logo appears, about 10 minutes later "Garmin nuvi 1460" appears under the Mitsubishi logo. I touched the Garmin's screen on the bottom right corner, a bip sound heard from the Garmin
    3. Using 'update.exe' > not detected
    4. Download software 2.6 version, try to update by double click it > didn't work

I am very grateful to any suggestions from the seniors, thanks.

2.    Advertissements

Master Garmin nuvi 1460 cannot boot, stay on logo quinol's Avatar

Hi ,
    I suppose you haven't any backup of your nav.......
    Have a look how to make a reset of your nuvi ...
    Start with the unit OFF and unplugged from power
    1. Touch and hold the lower right corner of the screen with an index finger or the eraser end of a pencil
    2. Continue touching and holding the lower right hand corner of the screen then power the unit ON
    3. Release the power button when the device powers ON. You will see a new message: Do you really want to erase all user data?
    4. Remove your finger from the touchscreen when this message displays
    5. Touch Yes

The device will automatically reset. Follow the on screen prompts then place your device in an area with a clear view of the sky until it acquires satellites.
    Note: A master reset will erase all waypoints or favorites and will restore your unit to the default factory settings.

it's a try ,of course, if this not solve your problem, have a look [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Very strange that 1350 is detected.... did you see the internal content of the nav when you plug in the PC ? From My Computer ,enter the nuvi root and under the folder Garmin there is the GarminDevice.xml file : open with notepad or word editor and look the model it shows....
    Have a nice day

Important User Garmin nuvi 1460 cannot boot, stay on logo
    Garmin nuvi 1460 cannot boot, stay on logoGarmin nuvi 1460 cannot boot, stay on logoGarmin nuvi 1460 cannot boot, stay on logoGarmin nuvi 1460 cannot boot, stay on logoGarmin nuvi 1460 cannot boot, stay on logoGarmin nuvi 1460 cannot boot, stay on logoGarmin nuvi 1460 cannot boot, stay on logo

Quote Originally Posted by iwanovani View Post
    Using 'update.exe' > not detected
    As suggested, firstly you must know your device HWID and you can retrieve it in GarminDevice.xml in Garmin folder.
    nuvi 3790 example:
    <PartNumber>006-B1101-00</PartNumber>
    If you get Garmin logo you can use updater, must just know how to use it correctly.
    Correct usage of Updater.exe here:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Download correct firmware according to your device HWID and flash it.Remove any Gupdate.gcd in nuvi first, if you can
    it's never updated
    Bad firmware updates remove bugs.
    If nothing works use kunix's cure:
    If kunix's cure doesnt work too, send Alexander a pm.

Thread moved to proper section
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

Navigation software Moderator kunix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by catymag View Post
    If kunix's cure doesn't work, you should try erasing NV memory first, using pre-boot mode. I will tell you how

Quote Originally Posted by quinol View Post
    Hi ,
    I suppose you haven't any backup of your nav.......
    Have a look how to make a reset of your nuvi ...
    Start with the unit OFF and unplugged from power
    1. Touch and hold the lower right corner of the screen with an index finger or the eraser end of a pencil
    2. Continue touching and holding the lower right hand corner of the screen then power the unit ON
    3. Release the power button when the device powers ON. You will see a new message: Do you really want to erase all user data?
    4. Remove your finger from the touchscreen when this message displays
    5. Touch Yes

The device will automatically reset. Follow the on screen prompts then place your device in an area with a clear view of the sky until it acquires satellites.
    Note: A master reset will erase all waypoints or favorites and will restore your unit to the default factory settings.

it's a try ,of course, if this not solve your problem, have a look [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Very strange that 1350 is detected.... did you see the internal content of the nav when you plug in the PC ? From My Computer ,enter the nuvi root and under the folder Garmin there is the GarminDevice.xml file : open with notepad or word editor and look the model it shows....
    Have a nice day
    I've tried your suggestion, but it didn't work. Thanks a lot anyway!

As suggested, firstly you must know your device HWID and you can retrieve it in GarminDevice.xml in Garmin folder.
    nuvi 3790 example:
    If you get Garmin logo you can use updater, must just know how to use it correctly.
    Correct usage of Updater.exe here:
    Download correct firmware according to your device HWID and flash it.Remove any Gupdate.gcd in nuvi first, if you can

Bad firmware updates remove bugs.

Thread moved to proper section
    Quote Originally Posted by kunix View Post
    If kunix's cure doesn't work, you should try erasing NV memory first, using pre-boot mode. I will tell you how
    To catymag and kunix : I'm trying to worked it out using kunix's cure. I've downloaded the firmware at
    Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links
    , but the firmware doesn't using gcd or rgn format. Any advice where to download the firmware garmin nuvi 1460 for Indonesia? Thanks all!
    Last edited by catymag; 6th May 2013 at 11:06 AM. Reason: coded link

Important User Garmin nuvi 1460 cannot boot, stay on logo
    Garmin nuvi 1460 cannot boot, stay on logoGarmin nuvi 1460 cannot boot, stay on logoGarmin nuvi 1460 cannot boot, stay on logoGarmin nuvi 1460 cannot boot, stay on logoGarmin nuvi 1460 cannot boot, stay on logoGarmin nuvi 1460 cannot boot, stay on logoGarmin nuvi 1460 cannot boot, stay on logo

Download the firmware from the link you posted (code please Garmin links), unrar it . In .System you'll find gupdate.gcd
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

Navigation software expert Garmin nuvi 1460 cannot boot, stay on logo
    Garmin nuvi 1460 cannot boot, stay on logoGarmin nuvi 1460 cannot boot, stay on logoGarmin nuvi 1460 cannot boot, stay on logo

Here for you I have created cure and original file from gupdate downloaded from your link

If you wish, you can [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Download the firmware from the link you posted (code please Garmin links), unrar it . In .System you'll find gupdate.gcd
    I did what you told me (GarminCure3 tool), it ran smoothly until I pressed updater.exe button, then appeared ERROR : can't run updater.exe. I copy rgn file from GarminCure3-TEMP to the same directory where updater.exe does. I ran updater.exe and my Garmin was detected as Garmin 1350. Then I followed the instruction until this notification shown.

What should I do? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by popotnik View Post
    Here for you I have created cure and original file from gupdate downloaded from your link

***Hidden content cannot be quoted.***
    Thanks a lot. I got another problem (previous post).

Navigation software expert Garmin nuvi 1460 cannot boot, stay on logo
    Garmin nuvi 1460 cannot boot, stay on logoGarmin nuvi 1460 cannot boot, stay on logoGarmin nuvi 1460 cannot boot, stay on logo

Try with pack that i add you in post above yours and try run updater.exe as administrator.

Dont forget to hold finger in uper left corner of nuvi screen when you connect nuvi to PC and run updater.
    If you wish, you can [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]