Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    aekhong

@bearcat
    Its not depend on firmware version.

2.    Advertissements

Member + Convert 2595LM US/EU to SY/MY fw

What should be done to make it work then?

Is there a chip that need to be replaced?

Can show some direction to enable asian jcv on us unit

Thanks

You have to be specific on what your unit is and what asian map you intend to use.

Quote Originally Posted by justman1 View Post
    Can show some direction to enable asian jcv on us unit

Thanks

I maybe posting the wrong thread by I also get the "Software Missing" when I do firmware upgrade for nuvi 2595. I think the solution mentioned in this thread will not work. Any advise?

Garmin/GPS Systems GMod. Convert 2595LM US/EU to SY/MY fw
    Convert 2595LM US/EU to SY/MY fwConvert 2595LM US/EU to SY/MY fwConvert 2595LM US/EU to SY/MY fwConvert 2595LM US/EU to SY/MY fwConvert 2595LM US/EU to SY/MY fwConvert 2595LM US/EU to SY/MY fwConvert 2595LM US/EU to SY/MY fw

@odelacruz
    Is that symptom since you have tried to convert your US unit to SG? Whether it's that or not, let us have as much info as possible: e.g. if you flashed to SG, did you use original US boot.bin or full SG fw, and have to tried to flash back with full US fw as *.rgn file using updater.exe in preboot?

NB: it probably is the wrong thread but we can move the OT posts if needed. Just post here for now.

Edit: 3 posts moved.
    Last edited by Neil; 21st April 2013 at 08:03 AM.
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

I want to change a us 2555lmt to enable sg/my jcv
    Already try flashing with different version of us boot and sg/my firmware always get software missing (renamed voice text & keyboard folder plus clear nonvol before flashing)
    Now using us firmware 6.3 instead of 7.8 so i dont get the gray jcv.

@Neil
    Actually it is convert US unit to PH. Created .rgn using US boot.bin and PH firmware. I also tried to use FULL PH FW but it seems it bricked my US unit and just keep on rebooting whereas if I use the US boot.bin with PH FW I get the "Software Missing" message. I just thought this thread would help me solve that message but seems not working.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    @odelacruz
    Is that symptom since you have tried to convert your US unit to SG? Whether it's that or not, let us have as much info as possible: e.g. if you flashed to SG, did you use original US boot.bin or full SG fw, and have to tried to flash back with full US fw as *.rgn file using updater.exe in preboot?

NB: it probably is the wrong thread but we can move the OT posts if needed. Just post here for now.

We are on the same boat. I can't also get to work a US 2595lm unit to enable jcv in PH CTN map. I think our problem is not just the FW. We need to know what the Local and Local IsoCode of PH or SG/MY.

Quote Originally Posted by justman1 View Post
    I want to change a us 2555lmt to enable sg/my jcv
    Already try flashing with different version of us boot and sg/my firmware always get software missing (renamed voice text & keyboard folder plus clear nonvol before flashing)
    Now using us firmware 6.3 instead of 7.8 so i dont get the gray jcv.

SG/my
    Locale: 80
    Locale ISO code: SG