Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Administrator What are your Favourite or Most Accurate Garmin Devices?

THXs for your input ujang_je am still not familiar with all these models, but one day I will upgrade and will come back to these posts and check out my options "it's more of a fun thing to have gadgets while you travel I go out in the Great OZie bush and do a bit of prospecting and collecting of Rocks and Minerals all as a Hobby so having a Gadget to make sure you get back safe is a bonus. So long as you have a better idea where you are and don't rely on that gadget when it fails/battery fails or what ever you can get back safe. Australia covers 7 692 024 sq km. This equates to about 2 969 907 sq miles. And I only travel about a Third of that in the Western part and to travel a 1000KM a day is nothing and be so isolated in that time "oh the joy of Silence"
    Can't see a link/attachment? Don't post asking why. Just 'Like' the post & hit F5:
    THE LIKE BUTTON IS NOW IN THE BOTTOM LEFT HAND CORNER
    Posts serving no purpose like thanks or to ask about links go to [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] or are deleted, it's GPS Power policy.

2.    Advertissements

They are old Neil so when they fail I will not Exchange them, will buy new then update as they fail. Yep Garmin do an Exchange for a price of faulty ones, YAY

Edit don;t delete yet this post is a reply to another one and I have just lost which one as I had, and I had a time out while I was Typing and now can't find the post "mmm late night"

Damn must have Bull Dust in my eyes LOL

Was a reply to a Neil like post mm is late and am lost in Cyber space without a GPS "Dizzy" heh
    Last edited by Magnetron; 28th March 2013 at 02:15 AM. Reason: mm lost orig post to reply too wish to copy paste
    Can't see a link/attachment? Don't post asking why. Just 'Like' the post & hit F5:
    Posts serving no purpose like thanks or to ask about links go to [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] or are deleted, it's GPS Power policy.

Garmin/GPS Systems GMod. What are your Favourite or Most Accurate Garmin Devices?
    What are your Favourite or Most Accurate Garmin Devices?What are your Favourite or Most Accurate Garmin Devices?What are your Favourite or Most Accurate Garmin Devices?What are your Favourite or Most Accurate Garmin Devices?What are your Favourite or Most Accurate Garmin Devices?What are your Favourite or Most Accurate Garmin Devices?What are your Favourite or Most Accurate Garmin Devices?

Unfortunately, Garmin's 'one-price' flat-rate exchange is a bit of a con. For example, a 'one-for-one' exchange refurb 3790 costs AU$199 plus cost of shipping the old unit to them. It must be complete in parts, even if the screen is smashed, PCB cr@cked and the case damaged 'coz it's been run over by your 4x4 in rocky terrain. The catch is that if you know what the 2nd hand value is, you can buy a pristine 3790 for half that on eBay. Sure no 3 months warranty, but wot-the-heck ... half the price, you get duplicate accessories and still got your old unit for spares.
    PS: Don't worry Ol' Timer. I won't delete this time, but best look after those brain cells a little better hey?
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

hummm OK Neil must of bin a late night anyway at the time ages ago was cheaper to swap but now it isn't have to send East for the swap, you guys East make it difficult for us Westerners, but hey still have an Magellan Trailblazer that still works "look that one up" is old as me "all most" and still works well, gee now you got me going also have a Magellan Pioneer someone gave me I fixed mmm so there.

OH has anybody got any other older Devices that still work.
    I don't mind a slight mod to the topic. ^_^
    Last edited by Magnetron; 24th March 2013 at 03:18 PM. Reason: Added options to Topic

Garmin/GPS Systems GMod. What are your Favourite or Most Accurate Garmin Devices?
    What are your Favourite or Most Accurate Garmin Devices?What are your Favourite or Most Accurate Garmin Devices?What are your Favourite or Most Accurate Garmin Devices?What are your Favourite or Most Accurate Garmin Devices?What are your Favourite or Most Accurate Garmin Devices?What are your Favourite or Most Accurate Garmin Devices?What are your Favourite or Most Accurate Garmin Devices?

Quote Originally Posted by IGNATRON View Post
    hummm OK Neil must of bin a late night anyway at the time ages ago was cheaper to swap but now it isn't have to send East for the swap, you guys East make it difficult for us Westerners, but hey still have an Magellan Trailblazer that still works "look that one up" is old as me "all most" and still works well, gee now you got me going also have a Magellan Pioneer someone gave me I fixed mmm so there. .....
    No idea what happened to that 'missing' post of yours IG. Someone somewhere is probably looking at it right now thinking 'that is sooo random! whatever this guy is smoking cannot be legal'... lol ! I know naught about Magellans and have no desire to start. It's nice you are kind to oppressed minorities though ...

....... OH has anybody got any other older Devices that still work.
    I don't mind a slight mod to the topic. ^_^
    I have a StreetPilot 2610 in amazingly pristine condition. I still use it in the car occasionally for fun, it's highly accurate (SBAS enhanced, switchable) but unfortunately can't use NT maps. Stuck with the old non-NT CN AU 2009. I'd like to mod it to use NTs somehow. That was done via a fw upgrade for a related Garmin unit, the Honda Goldwing navi, so it may be possible to modify the SP fw too. Bit above my pay-level though so i'll need serious help from the software gurus. Dunno if they'd be interested in doing the fw work for such an old unit, but there are still a load of them around 'cos they're waterproof and tough. Popular with bikers. Need external power unfortunately, no onboard battery. Uses Topo maps so could be a good outdoor unit with a battery source, but a bit chunky.

I'm sure there are other working Garmin museum pieces around, much older than my 2610 though. Let's hear about 'em hey guys?
    Last edited by Neil; 25th March 2013 at 12:37 AM. Reason: missed an 'o'.
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

Yep short chat but don't go on to long this is a Garmin thread you know.^_^
    mmm wonder how I could characterize my HP 2100 with GPS what thread huh. Old it is "may the force be with you"

If there's no subcategories for the laptop navigation sw you're using, I guess you could post in the general section [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], maybe you'll get someone show interest in your using your old HP laptop for navigation. I assume by 2100 you mean this one, which was introduced about 10yrs ago:
    Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links
    But if you're using a Garmin system on it (GMPC; N-drive) you could bang on about it here np.

OK will have a look but the 2100 is a PDA not a laptop.

Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links
    this is my PDA and runs OziExplorerCE

I have just been setting up my trip away and have noticed that my most used Etrex is starting to loose lines on the screen so may not last much longer.
    Last edited by Magnetron; 28th March 2013 at 02:02 AM. Reason: cleaned up post

Hi all my last post for awhile am going out there to play with my gadgets in the bush and will see if one of my Garmin devices dies "have one more" I will be having lots of fun camping and camp fires etc etc maybe find some Gold too, The main Etrex I use is failing from the normal screen problem of Horizontal lines they still aint solved it on my model but hey that Etrex 30 is lookin good.

Am back and no GOLD but will have some info relative to the topic later just takes me time to sort out Enjoy.

Am out there.