Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

So i have to create a folder called "Garmin" and just drop the file in there?

Do I format my SD card to Fat32?

2.    Advertissements

Garmin/GPS Systems GMod. Old-School Garmin 205
    Old-School Garmin 205Old-School Garmin 205Old-School Garmin 205Old-School Garmin 205Old-School Garmin 205Old-School Garmin 205Old-School Garmin 205

Don't reformat the card using windows unnecessarily. It will be already formatted FAT32 in the factory as that's the default for SDHC & microSDHC. Create a root folder named Garmin and just drop gmapsupp.img into it.
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

Well folks, just wanted to reply and say thanks. I got my sd card today and tossed it in there. I did have to "unlock" the img before it'd work, but the links provided worked wonderfully. Now I'm rocking 2013 maps! thanks so much guys.

On a side note, anything fun you can do with an old 205? Or just keep on keeping on using it as it was intended. And by fun, I mean, anyone write some program stuff that turns it into /just/ a digital speedo? or anything like that?

Anyways,
    Thanks again guys.. effortless, painless, quick and easy.. too easy. was wonderful dealing with you guys. Thanks again.

Garmin/GPS Systems GMod. Old-School Garmin 205
    Old-School Garmin 205Old-School Garmin 205Old-School Garmin 205Old-School Garmin 205Old-School Garmin 205Old-School Garmin 205Old-School Garmin 205

Not a lot you can do with a 205 to trick it up really. To use it as a digital speedometer, simply press the 'speed' button on the map page, i don't think you'll need anything more than that when you see the view
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].