Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

NUVI NUVI 255W Updater not working(shuts off within 1 minute or when finger is removed)[Solved]

Hey guys,

The initial problem I am trying to fix is my Garmin shutting off at the "Loading Maps" page.

First I attempt to get in pre-boot mode by: Pressing the top left of my screen, then powering the device, while holding it still the "Garmin" logo blinks. It doesn't say "pre-boot" or "system" just the logo. But anyway, I plugged in the USB to it. I get the initial windows notification sound and Updater detects the nuvi, I then proceed in clicking OK to begin the update. At that point, the loading bar goes to 100% -> my Garmin disconnects -> a black but lit screen comes up and I have to power it off. I then get this error message:

The log:

Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links
    So that failed many times. I then tried with GarminCure3, the same procedure, but instead of loading it just says: "Update not available" then the Garmin disconnects after a couple of seconds.

And this is the important part: IF I REMOVE MY FINGER FROM THE TOP LEFT DURING ANY OF THIS THE DEVICE AUTOMATICALLY DISCONNECTS AND RESTARTS OR IT GETS STUCK IN THE USB MODE WITH AN IDLE LOADING BAR. I have approximately one minute to try to do anything before it disconnects.

Background information: Updated an SD with the 2013.20 ipmark North America NT CN map. And it worked for a couple of weeks, but this recently happens.
    I also remove the SD card during trouble shooting.

The .rgn files I'm using is the Garmin Nuvi 2x5 7.20 and I've tried 4.60 a couple of times.

Can anyone help? Thanks.

Best regards.

2.    Advertissements

Navigation software expert NUVI 255W Updater not working(shuts off within 1 minute or when finger is removed)[Solved]
    NUVI 255W Updater not working(shuts off within 1 minute or when finger is removed)[Solved]NUVI 255W Updater not working(shuts off within 1 minute or when finger is removed)[Solved]NUVI 255W Updater not working(shuts off within 1 minute or when finger is removed)[Solved]

You must use file for nuvi 255W not 255

Try with this:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Quote Originally Posted by lolypop000 View Post
    You must use file for nuvi 255W not 255

Try with this:

***Hidden content cannot be quoted.***
    Hey thanks,

I tried it and got: "No updates available for your product"

Navigation software expert NUVI 255W Updater not working(shuts off within 1 minute or when finger is removed)[Solved]
    NUVI 255W Updater not working(shuts off within 1 minute or when finger is removed)[Solved]NUVI 255W Updater not working(shuts off within 1 minute or when finger is removed)[Solved]NUVI 255W Updater not working(shuts off within 1 minute or when finger is removed)[Solved]

Quote Originally Posted by aaronenetic View Post
    The .rgn files I'm using is the Garmin Nuvi 2x5 7.20 and I've tried 4.60 a couple of times.
    The first questions: Where you got RGN files? Are you sure what they is for your ID of device? Nuvi 2x5 have a 4 different models and each of it need for properly RGN - Nuvi 255, Nuvi 255 MTK, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 255W MTK.
    The second is warning: If you Nuvi have the software of 5.10 and above now when you "successful" load a version 4.60 RGN to it you would get the one outcome - your Nuvi would be died.
    Garmin, how much is 30 pieces of silver for Judas today? Were they worthy for crucifix of GPSPower?

I'm sure it's the Nuvi 255W. It just keeps shutting off.

No luck... I'm sure it's a Nuvi 255W

Important User NUVI 255W Updater not working(shuts off within 1 minute or when finger is removed)[Solved]
    NUVI 255W Updater not working(shuts off within 1 minute or when finger is removed)[Solved]NUVI 255W Updater not working(shuts off within 1 minute or when finger is removed)[Solved]NUVI 255W Updater not working(shuts off within 1 minute or when finger is removed)[Solved]NUVI 255W Updater not working(shuts off within 1 minute or when finger is removed)[Solved]NUVI 255W Updater not working(shuts off within 1 minute or when finger is removed)[Solved]NUVI 255W Updater not working(shuts off within 1 minute or when finger is removed)[Solved]NUVI 255W Updater not working(shuts off within 1 minute or when finger is removed)[Solved]

you must be sure about HWID
    to know it use this:
    g7towin.rar (329 KB)
    unrar , run it, in Configuration/General choose USB, in preboot mode plug in your usb cable in the gps, in program GPS tag choose Get GPS id.
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

So aaronenetic, you can see SW version in program above. Do not hurry!!!

Or you can send Serial Number for device recognize. The best if you do it in Private Message...
    Last edited by Giomen; 3rd March 2013 at 03:37 AM.
    Garmin, how much is 30 pieces of silver for Judas today? Were they worthy for crucifix of GPSPower?

If you still have " no update " message then you have MTK

Try with this:

Hey guys,

Whata' ya know the MTK update worked. I used GarminCure3 to load it, then I tried to load the firmware again with the updater and now it's just stays on the "Garmin" screen.

UPDATE: I loaded the original firmware opposed to the cure, and it now I'm back at it shutting off at "Loading maps"
    Last edited by aaronenetic; 3rd March 2013 at 03:56 PM.