Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member + impssobile to calculate the route after installing  Europe NT 2013.40

? impssobile to calculate the route after installing Europe NT 2013.40

hi

i have a nuvi 2545 LMT , today i update the wester europe NT 2013.40
    firmware 7.70
    i used Garmin Express to update my unit
    i was not able to download with GarminMapupdater , i don't know why

so i had to use garmin express , it was amazing fast ,and it told me no enough space on the unit and used my sd
    my sd is sandisk ultra 8gb upto 30mbs 200X (i hope it's fast enough ?)

garmin express download firmware and map really very fast and stored lots of file on my SD

now i did find an issue for the first time

now the problem
    i start a new route (milan to paris)
    city -> i type paris
    i get paris,75
    ok now
    i have routes , I and GO!
    i select route
    calculation in progress (very slow)
    sometime stops at 98% without give me an error and sometime stops give me the error impossible to calculate the route

is a problem of the firmware or because i have files split between my unit and the sd ?

my second question is about the SD
    if i want to buy a bigger or more fast SD and used it , can i copy the files inside my 8gb ultra to the new one ?
    or garmin used the serial numer of my 8gb to edit some files

thanks

2.    Advertissements

Master

Make a hard rest of the nuvi and check once again if it can't calculate a route. What is the starting point and the destination? Also be sure you haven't tick any avoidances.

Quote Originally Posted by ddabcd277 View Post
    Make a hard rest of the nuvi and check once again if it can't calculate a route. What is the starting point and the destination? Also be sure you haven't tick any avoidances.
    hi
    hard rest or reset or test ?

i guess you would want to say hard reset ?
    how can i perform an hard reset ?
    and after an hard reset will i loose only the favorites on my nuvi ? or other info?
    thanks!

Master

Ops. My mistake. Wanted to write - "hard reset". Most probably your favourites will be deleted. Just copy somewhere on your PC folder GPX from the memory of the nuvi. After the hard reset copy it back to the memory. That is all.

Hard reset is perfomed after the device starts, when the Garmin logo displays, immediatly hold the lower right corner of the screen. You would be asked - Do you want to clear all user data? Tab Yes.

Administrator impssobile to calculate the route after installing  Europe NT 2013.40

Have had a read of the Handbook and cannot find how to reset "but normally there is a small hole somewhere that you can poke a Stylus to do an OS reset which only does an OS reboot leaves Data alone."
    Hope that helps..

Opps see a fresh post on reset after posting
    Can't see a link/attachment? Don't post asking why. Just 'Like' the post & hit F5:
    THE LIKE BUTTON IS NOW IN THE BOTTOM LEFT HAND CORNER
    Posts serving no purpose like thanks or to ask about links go to [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] or are deleted, it's GPS Power policy.

Navigation software expert impssobile to calculate the route after installing  Europe NT 2013.40
    impssobile to calculate the route after installing  Europe NT 2013.40impssobile to calculate the route after installing  Europe NT 2013.40impssobile to calculate the route after installing  Europe NT 2013.40

New nuvi don't have reset button, only reset is over:

lower right corner when nuvi boot = Hard reset

10 sec press ON button = soft reset

Clear non vol = Hard reset

Navigation software expert impssobile to calculate the route after installing  Europe NT 2013.40
    impssobile to calculate the route after installing  Europe NT 2013.40impssobile to calculate the route after installing  Europe NT 2013.40impssobile to calculate the route after installing  Europe NT 2013.40

Quote Originally Posted by rosanna View Post
    now the problem
    i start a new route (milan to paris)
    For start full test - please check more shorter route! Paris-Creteil for example.
    Feedback...
    Garmin, how much is 30 pieces of silver for Judas today? Were they worthy for crucifix of GPSPower?

Master

Could be an error also in the mapping. Similar case (hopefully not this time again) was before a couple of versions. 2011.20 maybe it was? Then Garmin imediately released 2011.21. The worst problem of Garmin - Navteq!

GPSPower Helper impssobile to calculate the route after installing  Europe NT 2013.40
    impssobile to calculate the route after installing  Europe NT 2013.40

Has Anyone else tried Milan to Paris ?

Why I ask is that previously I've had Problems Routing Inside Paris. (Nuvi 1300 would just Hang and Hang until I switched it off.)
    Paris has some very complex Map tiles.
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
    Albert Einstein.

?

Quote Originally Posted by ddabcd277 View Post
    Ops. My mistake. Wanted to write - "hard reset". Most probably your favourites will be deleted. Just copy somewhere on your PC folder GPX from the memory of the nuvi. After the hard reset copy it back to the memory. That is all.

Hard reset is perfomed after the device starts, when the Garmin logo displays, immediatly hold the lower right corner of the screen. You would be asked - Do you want to clear all user data? Tab Yes.

hi

seems the hard reset fix it
    seems because i did severl tests but at home , i wil test better this week end

but seems to be more slow to visualize the second route (the yellow) and the third route (magenta , dark pink)

by the way for long route like milan (italy) to lisbon (portugal) , after calculation in progress at 99% i get the message impossible to calculate the route, the route is too much long ,istruction will be added...."

but now i have the map and the conjunct file on my sd
    can i copy these files to a new SD (for example a 16gb) and use with my garmin ?

Thanks
    for the help

Quote Originally Posted by Giomen View Post
    For start full test - please check more shorter route! Paris-Creteil for example.
    Feedback...
    about shorter route 170km it works great! just like before

thanks!