Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member + Which program will you use to download and install the map?

? Which program will you use to download and install the map?

hi

when will be out which program will you use to download and install the map?

i did notice there is a new software from garmin

greetings

2.    Advertissements

Garmin/GPS Systems GMod. Which program will you use to download and install the map?
    Which program will you use to download and install the map?Which program will you use to download and install the map?Which program will you use to download and install the map?Which program will you use to download and install the map?Which program will you use to download and install the map?Which program will you use to download and install the map?Which program will you use to download and install the map?

@rosanna
    You have a Lifetime map device i seem to recall. You can use any of 3 programs, the new one you mentioned, Garmin Express (highly sus. imo), or LifeTimeUpdate (rubbish imo), or MapUpdater (best to use it imo, but it'll maybe get dumped by Garmin along with LTU as they develop GE a bit more and iron out the bugs). Or you can go to the Garmin site, MyGarmin/MyDashboard and do it that way:
    Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

Important User Which program will you use to download and install the map?
    Which program will you use to download and install the map?

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    You have a Lifetime map device i seem to recall. You can use any of 3 programs
    Unfortunately it is not so
    The latest release 2.1.8 in practice delete from your PC everything about the old LMU: LMU folder in ProgramData \ Garmin \ LMU and also any program LMU on your PC .... including register

So there will be only two altrenative: GMU and Express

Bye,bye

Garmin/GPS Systems GMod. Which program will you use to download and install the map?
    Which program will you use to download and install the map?Which program will you use to download and install the map?Which program will you use to download and install the map?Which program will you use to download and install the map?Which program will you use to download and install the map?Which program will you use to download and install the map?Which program will you use to download and install the map?

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    @rosanna
    .....Garmin Express (highly sus. imo), or LifeTimeUpdate (rubbish imo), or MapUpdater (best to use it imo, but it'll maybe get dumped by Garmin along with LTU as they develop GE a bit more and iron out the bugs)......
    Quote Originally Posted by roger1109 View Post
    Unfortunately it is not so
    The latest release 2.1.8 in practice delete from your PC everything about the old LMU: LMU folder in ProgramData \ Garmin \ LMU and also any program LMU on your PC .... including register

So there will be only two altrenative: GMU and Express

Bye,bye
    Oh, well. Like I said ... LMU is rubbish anyway but I didn't expect them to dump it so quickly. I wonder how long MU will last now ....? Yet another reason not to use GE if there's any alternative imo.
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

Member + Which program will you use to download and install the map?

hi
    does someone try Express?

Which program will you use to download and install the map?

@ rosanna...see this [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I will try to use it too, and I will report some impressions ... but let me first bait map.

But before you update it with all the GMU .... and the same advice to all

Bye,bye

Read this thread: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

Edit: Slow down Rog, aka 'Speedy Gonzales'!

by Rog: no,I am a sloth....
    Last edited by Roger; 24th February 2013 at 10:18 AM. Reason: roger is toooo quick for me!

This discussion was in map thread: moved to a new thread.
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

Thanks Caty for moving. I had the same thought as it had become quite OT in the ntu map thread, and i believe the topic has 'legs' and needs to be discussed. I'm sure 'SP' agrees.

I'm highly suspicious of Garmin Express as you know i'm sure. That suspicion may not be sustained or justified when GE is developed further as perhaps it will evolve into something more acceptable to me. My biggest concern is not being able to re-download a LT map which may have been lost for some reason, or perhaps was originally installed only to the device and you now wish to install it on a PC for legitimate use. That is unless it's been changed in later versions. I'm still with v2.1.4 and haven't done the last updates intentionally until i see where it goes. Of interest is that 2.1.8 burns LifeTimeUpdater as Roger points out. I've got GE on Win8 and Lifetimeupdater on Win7 so maybe that wouldn't happen if i did update to 2.1.8 because it would only look on the current os partition for Lifetime i'm sure. I prefer not to use lifetimeupdater anyway so i don't really care.

• What do others prefer to use for Lifetime map and fw and files updates?
    • Am i alone in my wariness of GE or do others share this?
    • Do you think Garmin will kill off MapUpdater and maybe even WebUpdater as well?
    • What about MyGarmin/MyDashboard?

We have been a bit 'spoiled for choice' for software and files updates really.

I think Mapupdater is working fine and I dont have any need to change it, to update firmware I prefer to use off line methods, all the rest can be done by Webupdater.
    I never used MyDashboard too. I got too many pms for screwed Nuvis because of updates.
    Nice we have kunix and some other files to recover them
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600