Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast
    Garmin/GPS Systems GMod. How to convert 3790us to 3790 Sg/My
    How to convert 3790us to 3790 Sg/MyHow to convert 3790us to 3790 Sg/MyHow to convert 3790us to 3790 Sg/MyHow to convert 3790us to 3790 Sg/MyHow to convert 3790us to 3790 Sg/MyHow to convert 3790us to 3790 Sg/MyHow to convert 3790us to 3790 Sg/My

@jackmawatin
    If you can't find the gupdate.gcd it doesn't mean that you have to update the fw, but if you do update to 5.00 online from Garmin, a gupdate.gcd file should be then present. You can also obtain 4.90 and 5.00 versions here: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].
    Last edited by Neil; 16th February 2013 at 01:19 AM. Reason: typo.
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

2.    Advertissements

Member + How to convert 3790us to 3790 Sg/My jackmawatan's Avatar

thanks so much sir neil,
    i will jump into that link right away. it is past 1am now here in norway and i can see a long evening ahead of me working on this thing. you help is greatly appreciated.

Garmin/GPS Systems GMod. How to convert 3790us to 3790 Sg/My
    How to convert 3790us to 3790 Sg/MyHow to convert 3790us to 3790 Sg/MyHow to convert 3790us to 3790 Sg/MyHow to convert 3790us to 3790 Sg/MyHow to convert 3790us to 3790 Sg/MyHow to convert 3790us to 3790 Sg/MyHow to convert 3790us to 3790 Sg/My

NP. Just beware that sometimes flashing US/EU fw devices to Asian fw can give more problems than it brings benefits. If you use your original US boot bin you will be able to flash back to original US fw ok though. Good luck and let us know your results.

PS: Only Coppers and Lawyers call me 'Sir', both professions make me nervous and anyway i think they spell it 'Cur'
    Last edited by Neil; 16th February 2013 at 01:38 AM. Reason: Add PS.
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

thanks neil for being there. updating firmware is the last thing i can think of and that i will do now. i will keep you posted if ever that mysterious file shows up after the update. yes, i will keep in mind to just stay with my original US boot bin. thanks for noting that as well.

FYI
    that mysterious file showed up already as soon as i got the version 5.00 update. it wasn't really there in the first place. thanks for the guides and now going to the second stage of this work around.
    Last edited by jackmawatan; 16th February 2013 at 02:05 AM.

aekhong

-Whenever you will flash Nuvi with a new rgn file, you need to delete .gcd file within .system first or your Nuvi will reflash with .gcd file back to currently firmware.
    -use original US boot.bin as Neil said.
    -Back up your Nuvi(Memory) before flashing.
    Last edited by aekhong; 16th February 2013 at 03:37 AM.

thanks aekhong. i will keep that in mind. i am still catching up with all the back readings and this is getting endless. so many things i don't know of and it just extends the tabs on my browser to maybe about 50 now. hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by aekhong View Post
    Chinese swv 2.20 is the best for 37xx now.
    With calendar., contact., mp3 player.

GUPDATE.GCD inside the .system folder = .gcd for Sg/My
    @aekhong
    since there wasn't any boot loops on the system when i started, i think i can say i had a succesfull flashing on my US 3790t with chinese fw ver 2.20, however, i only get the calendar and contact as additional features. the mp3 is not on it. also how can i install the original keyboard from the us firmware. all i get now is the "abc" keyboard. i want to revert back to the "qwery" type one. thanks

Could nuvi 2360 (US) be flashed to 2465(Taiwan)? Thanks.

Member +

Does anyone know where to get US3.6 and SG/MY 2.3

Seems to have been pulled from Garmin sites.

moh7071

I have Nuvi 3790T European version. Could you please tell me step by step how am I to convert it to SG/MY version. You help really required, please. Thank you.