Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Once again, thanks for all your help, time and good will. I've been searching for POI's (using those sites and the St. Gugol as well lol) but I only managed to find POI's divided by categories (eg: Restaurants, Shopping, Supermarkets, etc.). Do you know if I can find "all" the POI's for one specific place?

I wanted a POI file for Orlando/FL that contains all the possible POI's for that city.

2.    Advertissements

Important User Helping a clueless newbie - can't install maps on my Nuvi 255w
    Helping a clueless newbie - can't install maps on my Nuvi 255w

Already map City Navigator NA (or SA , in fact there is also Florida) has many POIs by default.

For custom POIs and third-partners, I can only offer to filtering for Florida (as SCDB POIs).

You host/upload the CSV files that you are getting for the entire US......and I will filter them properly (Florida) with my tools

Bye,bye

Master Helping a clueless newbie - can't install maps on my Nuvi 255wHelping a clueless newbie - can't install maps on my Nuvi 255wHelping a clueless newbie - can't install maps on my Nuvi 255w

Quote Originally Posted by olaa2x View Post
    Once again, thanks for all your help, time and good will. I've been searching for POI's (using those sites and the St. Gugol as well lol) but I only managed to find POI's divided by categories (eg: Restaurants, Shopping, Supermarkets, etc.). Do you know if I can find "all" the POI's for one specific place?

I wanted a POI file for Orlando/FL that contains all the possible POI's for that city.
    I've never seen POI sets listed by city. There are tons of POI's built into your North American maps. Unless you are looking for something very specific it'a hard to imagine that you will find a set of POI's better than what's built into the maps. Orlando being such a large tourist place is well represented in the built in POI's.

If you are looking for a specific chain of stores, restauarants or hotels, etc not foun in the maps try
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Last edited by tiger555; 13th December 2012 at 03:35 PM.

Well, thanks for the reply, but then something is wrong here... the map that I have downloaded did not come with any POI's or waypoints (the waypoint list on the MAPSOURCE is empty)... any ideas?

I've downloaded the map from this topic: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Got just the locked original untouched GMAP installation (FID/MapID = 2775), unlocked it and opened the Mapsource.

Should I download something else?

Edit: I can actually "see" the POI's on the map if I set the details do maximum, but I still cant see any waypoints listed and when I transfer the map to my GPS it says I don't have any POI's...
    Last edited by olaa2x; 13th December 2012 at 04:32 PM.

Ok .... the POIs on the map (SA or NA) you will see them in MapSource and also in the nav:
    Where to?>Points of interest......
    You test in to nav...

Your custom POIs :
    Where to?>Extra>Custom points of interest>All categories......but only package/bouquet from Poiloader or files *.gpi, and in to folder Poi (nav or SD)

You test (custom POIs) with bouquet for country by SCDB (link previous post) (inside the archive there is a file compiled .gpi)

Bye,bye

PS: patch menu' inside nav in English language,sorry..

When I click Where to > Points of interest... its empty!
    Theres just one option and thats to spell/write the name of the place, but it never finds anything (even the ones that I see on the Mapsource).

Umhh...download my shortcut from SA 2013.30 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] (Caribeean countries....inside all Florida)

install in folder Garmin, nav or SD

Restart your Gps 3/4 times

You test the previous path...and look in Tools>Settings>Maps>Info Maps......if view CNSA 2013.30 [COL_VEN_CARIBEAN]

Bye,bye

Master Helping a clueless newbie - can't install maps on my Nuvi 255wHelping a clueless newbie - can't install maps on my Nuvi 255wHelping a clueless newbie - can't install maps on my Nuvi 255w

I'm not sure I have your answer but I'd like to offer a couple of points...

1. It's impossible for POI's to not be in the GPS if you saw them in mapsource, created a gmapsupp.img map using mapsource and copied the gmapsupp.img to the proper folder on the GPS or SD. The POI's are part of the gmapsupp.img and will be there for all the map segments you selected when creating your mapset.. There must be something else wrong that you are missing.

2. There are no VIA's to see, there are only POI's (points of interest). VIA's are points YOU manually add as part of your route. A via could be any POI, any Favorit, or any point on the map.

3. If you have both North and South American maps both installed in your GPS searches will not work properly (if at all) if both maps are selected for use at the same time. This is because they have overlapping geographical areas (Florida for one, and if I remember correctly, some of the Carribbean Islands.

You say your POI list is empty....
    That is usually an indication that
    a) you map did not load correctly
    b) you have not selected the map for use
    c) you have 2 or more overlapping maps sellected

GPSPower Helper Helping a clueless newbie - can't install maps on my Nuvi 255w

If you select your original map that came with the Nuvi are your poi's working fine ?
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
    Albert Einstein.

Ok, let me start saying thanks to everyone thats helping.

1. roger1109: I have downloaded and installed your map; disabled all others; restarted my device 7 times. I still don't get any POI's.
    2. tiger555: I know about that; each time I install a new map, I replace it with the old one, so my GPS only has ONE map installed at a time.
    3. dasilvarsa: I don't have the original map anymore...