Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

what do I do if I don't have a backup to copy to it?

2.    Advertissements

Important User Nuvi 1450 Boot Loop Problem
    Nuvi 1450 Boot Loop ProblemNuvi 1450 Boot Loop ProblemNuvi 1450 Boot Loop ProblemNuvi 1450 Boot Loop ProblemNuvi 1450 Boot Loop ProblemNuvi 1450 Boot Loop ProblemNuvi 1450 Boot Loop Problem

You need mostly GarminDevice.xml you find in Garmin folder .
    Edit:Map is in .System hidden folder
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    all the rest you can download with webupdater or on MyGarmin or on Noeman when Nuvi with be revived
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

Ok, got it to boot. The steps I did was run the cure tool, tried to copy all data off it, formatted it using Fat32, restored the few files and folders I was able to get off it, ran the Original update, and rebooted, ran the Garmin Webupdate tool and downloaded what it found.
    Now I am not sure if I have everything off it I need to, but the main thing missing now is there are no maps.
    What is the best way to get them back on? I thought the person who gave it to me said it had lifetime maps and traffic, but the Garmin tool is not detecting it.

I took some screenshots of the folders I backed up, and what is on there currently

GPSPower Helper Nuvi 1450 Boot Loop Problem
    Nuvi 1450 Boot Loop Problem

Well done your research worked.
    Have You Tried My Garmin My Dashboard ? To see if the device has in fact got maps for life.
    You might need the previous user's username and password.(Or get the previous owner to log in and de-register it for you)
    The Tools for Map updates are Garminmapupdater and Garmin Lifetime Map updater. (From Garmin.com)
    Webupdater does not update maps only firmware, and Voices etc etc.
    If the device does not have Map Updates you can get maps here at Noeman.
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
    Albert Einstein.

Garmin/GPS Systems GMod. Nuvi 1450 Boot Loop Problem
    Nuvi 1450 Boot Loop ProblemNuvi 1450 Boot Loop ProblemNuvi 1450 Boot Loop ProblemNuvi 1450 Boot Loop ProblemNuvi 1450 Boot Loop ProblemNuvi 1450 Boot Loop ProblemNuvi 1450 Boot Loop Problem

Another way to check for and dl LifeTimeMaps, regardless of if the device registered (and to whom), or if it's not registered:

Go to the Garmin site > Maps & Accessories > Update Maps > Automotive. You will then see this screen. To find out if the device is LM, or entitled to a NuMaps update, just fill in the serial number:

garminmapupdates

You could also just connect your nuvi. I prefer to put my GarminDevice.xml in a Garmin folder on an SD card, USB stick or a virtual SD. That last way is safer because if something goes wrong with the map dl there is no harm done to the device. You can check the downloaded map for errors with GMapTool and if ok copy it and any associated files just as gma and jcv over to your unit. This method doesn't require a garmin account either.

You can try to register the device if you want. If it's already registered, get back to the seller and ask for it to be de-registered as dasilvarsa said.
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

You can download Mapupdater here too in post n14.
    l9ebnsm

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

Thanks for the help, I did see the maps online, but they were unable to be downloaded. I contacted Garmin and they re-enabled the download. It is an old map and apparently I do not have the lifetime maps. Once I get the official old maps on I will get a good backup, then use the maps here. Thanks for all your help!

Check Maps Index
    you can download all the newest maps unlock and use them on your restored Nuvi,just read some hints here
    l9ebnsm

Thanks for the help. I am a bit confused by all the options for maps though. I really only travel in the US and am looking at this map, [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] what are all the different map types for? On my TomTom I have a lane assist function and like that is that the 3d one?